• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They ARE by a dam!

Now I question how high a bar that really sets.

Clever enough for a chuckle...maybe a drive to see them.

-Paul

I've only ate there once but don't remember what I had now. The marina on mississenewa advertised the best BBQ on the lake. It had to be the only BBQ on the lake because it was terrible.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Blackberry's Hangar in Columbus at hte Airport has a good one. Its thicker...but thats how I like them. I hate when I get them and they're huge but are like eating leather.

Shorty's in Columbus is a little craphole restaurant that has really good tenderloins. I doubt that place has changed a recipe since 1951

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Nobody has posted the obligatory "my house" or similar comments? I'm surprised!

I really like the garlic tenderloin at Chatham Tap. I need to travel to some of these outlying restaurants though.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I didn't read this entire thread because the title alone is enough to make me drool. I love a good breaded tenderloin. The best I've had recently was at the Steer Inn on 10th St. Patriot's Table is pretty good as well. I don't get to a lot of places that aren't in the immediate area but maybe I should. Years ago Peppy's in Fountain Square had awesome tenderloins but I haven't been since they had a smoking area in the restaurant (a long time!) so the quality may not be the same.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    If you want a "supreme" one, check out John's Famous Stew downtown.. they cover a giant tenderloin with their awesome beef stew!

indysfamousstew.com :: Johns Famous Stew Indianapolis Indiana

How quickly I forgot about John's Famous Stew.

Tenderloin as bag as the plate covered in stew and served with bread and butter. Make sure you order the hot.

I've had the sandwich, and for a loin itself, it wasn't great, but very good with the stew on top of it.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Surprised that no-one has mentioned Nick's Kitchen in Huntington, Indiana. It's supposedly the birthplace of the pork tenderloin. And the folks at Roadfood rate it as Legendary, worth a trip from anywhere. I haven't found a great one anywhere in central Indiana. Good, maybe, but not great.
    Nick's Kitchen - Huntington, IN

Nick's Country Cafe', (also in Huntington) also gets a legendary rating.

Nick's Country Café - Huntington, IN

Nick's is well known and loved by all-I just have yet to make my way to that part of the state when they're open, but it's certainly on the agenda.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I went to Edwards due to the tenderloin on Man V Food. I went back to Edwards because on the onion rings. Best that I know of.

The onion rings are good at Edwards and loins are good, but just lack a bit. I think I'd rank the sides of onion rings at BC's Hideout and Southport Bar and Grill higher and the best side of all is the fried mushrooms at Bugsy's.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I didn't read this entire thread because the title alone is enough to make me drool. I love a good breaded tenderloin. The best I've had recently was at the Steer Inn on 10th St. Patriot's Table is pretty good as well. I don't get to a lot of places that aren't in the immediate area but maybe I should. Years ago Peppy's in Fountain Square had awesome tenderloins but I haven't been since they had a smoking area in the restaurant (a long time!) so the quality may not be the same.

I had one at the Steer Inn about a month ago. It was pretty good as well.

I've just had so many it's hard to keep track anymore.

Top Bottom