• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The place in Norman is the only one that I've seen where you can order one tenderloin and an extra bun and fixings for about a dollar more. My wife and I would tear it in two and split it between both buns. It would still hang out the bun and we couldn't finish it. Many associate how good a tenderloin by how big it is. I don't care if its the size of a manhole, it still has to taste good. The place in Norman is both. We've been there 3 times. 2 of the times, they were excellent. The third time, it was too thin and a little over cooked. If I'm in the area and its open again, I will be going back.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    What a wide range of opinions this subject can bring out. It all depends on the preferences of each individual. I personally like mine pretty thin as opposed to a really thick tenderlion.

Somebody else mentioned it and the Top Notch in Brookston, IN makes one of the best I have had. Its pounded out to about a 1/4" which is how I like them.

I am always disappointed when I order one and it comes out and its just a frozen pork fritter.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Surprised that no-one has mentioned Nick's Kitchen in Huntington, Indiana. It's supposedly the birthplace of the pork tenderloin. And the folks at Roadfood rate it as Legendary, worth a trip from anywhere. I haven't found a great one anywhere in central Indiana. Good, maybe, but not great.
    Nick's Kitchen - Huntington, IN

Nick's Country Cafe', (also in Huntington) also gets a legendary rating.

Nick's Country Café - Huntington, IN

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The best I've had is this honky tonk joint in Norman. Last time I was there, it was closed but I heard it reopened.

b337966175f87a982a725fdee98d69ac.jpg

Nick's in Huntington.

Mr Dave's in North Manchester.

Surprised that no-one has mentioned Nick's Kitchen in Huntington, Indiana. It's supposedly the birthplace of the pork tenderloin. And the folks at Roadfood rate it as Legendary, worth a trip from anywhere. I haven't found a great one anywhere in central Indiana. Good, maybe, but not great.
    Nick's Kitchen - Huntington, IN

Nick's Country Cafe', (also in Huntington) also gets a legendary rating.

Nick's Country Café - Huntington, IN

See above. :D

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    That's a great question. My wife and I have been trying to find a good tenderloin around SB and just can't. There was an amish restaurant in Nappanne (Country table) that was really good but all the others we've found have been just frozen patties.
    If anyone knows a tenderloin within 45mins-1hr around South Bend, let me know!

Bob's 19th Hole

Maxi's Food and Spirits Barn

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Hoosier Bar & Grill,in Elletsville, 5 dollars on Friday but nothing else I'll vouch for. Moggers Restaurant and Pub in Terre Haute had excellent Tenderloins and homemade Onion Rings but they changed owners and now I cannot guarantee

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    give Edwards Drive In a try on Raymond & Sherman

you won't be disappointed

Edwards is ok-all the above are better in my opinion. The idea they were featured on Man vs Food to feature the breaded tenderloin is kind of a joke.

I went to Edwards due to the tenderloin on Man V Food. I went back to Edwards because on the onion rings. Best that I know of.

Top Bottom