• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shots fired...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    All this just makes me want to drive on over to Bradis at lunch some day and take a good look around. Never been there before as I'm actually pretty new to learning more about guns, but with all the positive feedback that's been generated by the one being so negative about it intrigues me. Besides, this will give many something to talk about to "break the ice" during their next visit!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Matt, it's not about defending the actions of the gun shop. It's about calling out the unreasonable expectations of the consumer. Small gun shops don't have high tech. Expecting them to have immediate access to sales information from months ago is just not realistic.

I have never, EVER, asked a gunshop to retrieve records of a transaction that happened more than a week previous. I want cheap guns, that is their role.

Expectations are just that, and are by definition set by the consumer. The OP expected this level of service, and if I'm not mistaken, the free market entitles him to that. He found it to be poor customer service and he shared that. While it's true that small gun shops don't have high tech, that doesn't excuse poor customer service in other aspects, and being 2013, it's fair to expect some level of technology. On the other side, being a free market, Bradis is certainly entitled to charge for ANY service, whether consumers expect it to be free or not. I'm just saying that many, not necessarily you, have a set of standards for customer service, and then another set of standards for customer service at gun shops. It's nonsensical. As a note, my post about gun shop expectations vs general merchandisers wasn't directed at you if you thought that it was. :)

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Expectations are just that, and are by definition set by the consumer. The OP expected this level of service, and if I'm not mistaken, the free market entitles him to that. He found it to be poor customer service and he shared that. While it's true that small gun shops don't have high tech, that doesn't excuse poor customer service in other aspects, and being 2013, it's fair to expect some level of technology. On the other side, being a free market, Bradis is certainly entitled to charge for ANY service, whether consumers expect it to be free or not. I'm just saying that many, not necessarily you, have a set of standards for customer service, and then another set of standards for customer service at gun shops. It's nonsensical. As a note, my post about gun shop expectations vs general merchandisers wasn't directed at you if you thought that it was. :)

True. True (the OP is a she, btw). And the rest of your observations are true except the expectation of some level of technology. If they have a system on paper that works, they won't be anxious to change it because it will cost them ~and us~ more money. Expecting different levels of customer service from different business is not nonsensical, it's experience in the real world...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    but right above the door to the back room/office there used to hang a sign explicitly stating that there would be a charge for records retrieval.

Kenny, Mark, anybody? Does that sign still hang there?

No, it does not. Matter of fact, I don't remember us ever having such a thing.

Its called customer service.

It just happens that this particular service isn't free, and the OP wasn't happy about it.

All this just makes me want to drive on over to Bradis at lunch some day and take a good look around.

I guess there really IS no such thing as bad publicity. Thanks to the OP for bringing us another customer! :yesway:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Wow. I cannot believe the response in here. I work in a field that is customer oriented and I completely understand why the OP is upset. I never saw her say she thought they were her personal secretary. She simply called to ask for some simple information to make her day a little easier. Instead of saying no or getting the info they tell her it will be $10. I find this crazy. They do keep records of all firearm transactions, they have to by law. I know she knew the approximate date of purchase. It was not long ago, I remember the thread. Sometimes good customer service is going above and beyond expectations. They certainly did not this time. If a company does wrong they should get called out on it. Bradis is no different than anywhere else.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Is a Modsberg some type of weapon specifically crafted for forum mods? Kind of like the ban hammer?

moderator-kitteh.jpg

Looks like a bad keystroke to me. After all , the 's' and 'd' keys are next to each other.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Not understanding the rudeness and downright attacks on the OP's right to voice her unhappiness, or her intelligence/upbringing/etc.. Mama always taught me to treat a lady with more kindness. Daddy did too.

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was just in there today on the receiving end of wonderful service. And it's been a while since I paid attention to it, but right above the door to the back room/office there used to hang a sign explicitly stating that there would be a charge for records retrieval.

Kenny, Mark, anybody? Does that sign still hang there?

Because if'n it does, OP, this crow's for you:

1240605367-eating-crow.jpg

:

88GT.... How do you like yours cooked? And I was not in the shop when I made this request... So even if this mythical sign was hanging, how would I have seen it?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Everyone stop and take a deep breath. Any merchant has a right to conduct business as they see fit within the limitations of the law. Any customer has the right to appreciate or not appreciate they way they do so regardless of any posted notice that may or may not be conspicuous enough to notice. At the end of the day, this is the type of thing that distresses some more than others. The OP is most certainly entitled to her opinion and to share her opinion, those who disagree are likewise entitled to do so. Anyone hanging out a shingle is going to receive some static, and I should hope that anyone capable of operating a business would be capable of addressing or choosing to ignore criticism. I have no objection to addressing unfair criticisms, but also don't understand some responses that would lead me to ask if some here have stock in the shop.

Not all issues demand taking sides in a personal way, and this would appear to be one of them. I have seen gentler treatment of people who suggest undercutting the Second Amendment. Now, lets all take another deep breath.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Are you sure? No "There will be a $X charge for......"? I'd almost bet the new Ruger on it. I knew you charged for such things. How would I know that when I've never needed it done? :dunno:

88GT.... How do you like yours cooked? And I was not in the shop when I made this request... So even if this mythical sign was hanging, how would I have seen it?
    Well, I assume your highness would have seen it when you went to purchase the gun the first time.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I have the sales receipt at home in my filebox... Simply trying to complete a quick email and thought they would be faster than finding the receipt... I found the date myself and it sure didn't cost ten bucks..

I think that considering I bought the gun from them along with many other items it was the least they could do.. It would have taken them only a quick name search... This type of attitude is why people lose business... If I want to deal with someone who has no concern for treating their customers with a little kindness then I can buy from an online dealer or big box where I am not surprised by that treatment.

This would be my guess as to why there is a charge for looking it up...because you had it, you just wanted someone else to do the work.

I will say that after this experience and the attacks by their minions they have lost a customer in me, my father, and a coworker I just spoke to... If they had just said they were busy that would be one thing that I could understand, but the fee is ridiculous.

So you would rather have heard "I can't help you, I'm busy" rather than "I can do that for you but there is a charge"?

...and calling fellow patrons of the same establishment "minions"...really?

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I understand that they have to take some time to look up something like that. I feel that charging that much my be a little much. It does take some time to do it but like some of the other guys have said everytime I buy from a store I just put the reciept in the box and there it is. I know that doesn't make you feel any better but now that is just business to them and they don't really don't care as long you have the money. They all say they do care but this is a good example.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I should hope that anyone capable of operating a business would be capable of addressing or choosing to ignore criticism. I have no objection to addressing unfair criticisms, but also don't understand some responses that would lead me to ask if some here have stock in the shop.

Seriously? :dunno:

FTR, simon6101 and I are the only Bradis employees who have posted in this thread. No one else who has done so represents the shop in any capacity whatsoever. Their opinions are strictly their own.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Seriously? :dunno:

FTR, simon6101 and I are the only Bradis employees who have posted in this thread. No one else who has done so represents the shop in any capacity whatsoever. Their opinions are strictly their own.

My point is that I can appreciate loyalty to others, but I am surprised at the responses offered when a more constructive rebuke would seem more fitting. Some seem to react as if their mother's honor had been insulted. Case in point, your personal response was more gracious than average, and you have every reason to take it personal.

That remark was directed to those persons not included in your list.

Top Bottom