• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well **** me; guess I should look above my head now and then.

You can have that Ruger. :D

Yeah, considering I paid for it already this afternoon. :D

You damn near sent me apoplectic with your negatory answer. I knew I hadn't been imagining that damn sign for 10+ years. I do think it's funny you didn't know it was there though. :laugh:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    But isn't customer service what gun shop employees are supposed to do? :dunno:

I'm sorry, but I think it's ludicrous to charge someone $10 to look something like this up. Do you charge $10 to look up whether or not you can get a certain gun? Why not charge $10 for handling all phone conversations since it takes the employee away from apparently doing their job?

Just because Bradis is an INGO advertiser doesn't mean the OP is in the wrong and should get ***** on like he is. How hard is it to ask for his phone number and tell him you'll have to find it and will get back to him? Then simply have an employee look for it during down time. It's called time management. Not screw your customer base. :twocents:

I doubt Bradis employees are so overpaid that their customers should be charged $10 for a little information. Bye bye customer service!

Had this thread been about some online company rather than a gun shop who frequents INGO I predict the harsh comments of the OP being the one in the wrong would extremely hard to find. Fanboys... :rolleyes:

It is easy to be cavalier about payroll that you do not have to pay yourself, especially given that this is a bad time to be a gun dealer. Sure, prices and demand are high, but that doesn't help if you can't get anything to sell. It comes down to the free market finding the point at which level of service and return on investment meet. I dare say that few of us do much work for which we do not get paid. Conversely, I can understand that the OP would not have thought it a big request, and she most certainly did not deserve an avalanche of invective.

It would seem that shooter521 was absolutely right in admonishing me about my expectations on INGO!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Not Only Do I Find It Hard To Believe This Thread Even Exists...
    Look How Freakin Long It Is!!!!! :ugh:

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    It is easy to be cavalier about payroll that you do not have to pay yourself, especially given that this is a bad time to be a gun dealer. Sure, prices and demand are high, but that doesn't help if you can't get anything to sell. It comes down to the free market finding the point at which level of service and return on investment meet. I dare say that few of us do much work for which we do not get paid. Conversely, I can understand that the OP would not have thought it a big request, and she most certainly did not deserve an avalanche of invective.

It would seem that shooter521 was absolutely right in admonishing me about my expectations on INGO!

Okay, I can see that it's hard to make money when you can't get product. I realize and understand business. However, that doesn't mean you start charging previous (and most likely returning) customers just so you can make a buck. Not within good morale anyway. If money is so tight that you can't pay your employee without having poor customer service, then it's time to start laying people off.

The part about,"I dare say that few of us do much work for which we do not get paid." You're right, but that employee is still getting paid. I could understand charging if there are no more employees who are getting paid to help customers, but that's obviously what employees are there for in a gun shop. It's not like there is product to be stocked...

Lets put it in another perspective. You're shooting your Colt 1911 and something breaks that's extremely expensive and you're just going to send it in for warranty repair. What if when you call Colt's CS, they want to charge you $10 to check and make sure the serial number on your gun matches an actual Colt? It's something they have, just takes a little time to look up. Would you not be upset? It's the principle rather than the money.

To all you people saying, "It's only $10" please, feel free to send $10 my way. Since it's useless to you, I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands. :)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Yep. I think this thread has about run its course, especially given that the OP has the information she was originally seeking. I'm out.

Thunderbird%20ejection-w.jpg

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Back in the days when we had small towns with unique retail and service businesses, we found a shop we liked and we generally stayed with them. The shopkeeper knew our names and might even know our parents' or our children's names. We received personal service and we provided it in our businesses as well. Remember the stories about doctors making house calls? And insurance agents who would come look at your car when you had a fender bender? And customer service departments that weren't based in India? They used to do that and have them when I was a kid.

I don't remember dickering too much over the posted price for an item back then. If I could afford it, I bought it. If I didn't have the money, I saved up for the item. The shopkeeper might throw in something "extra"...a box of ammo...or a new sling or gun cover... if I was a 'regular'.

But today, it's all about price. If you can find it on gunbroker or Armslist and the combined shipping and transfer fee are better than you can buy it from an Indy gun shop....ANY Indy gun shop, the business goes to the stranger. Not the guy who's been running a local business all his life.

I know you say "That's not me". Well, for the most part, that's what people do today. You are the exception.

Local business has been fighting a recession since 2008 and rising costs and has to pay sales tax and yet still compete against the on line businesses and the Big Box stores. And that doesn't take into account the anti-gun crowd that want to shut gun shops and scream that they have blood on their hands from all of the violence caused by the mentally ill, thugs or evil people in our society.

So, when a thread appears on a gun site that complains about a gun shop, I pay attention. And I carry all of the baggage associated with being in that business with me. And when I think the complaint is a bit off, I tend to speak up.

I don't think charging for copying or looking up a record is all that unfair. Mebbe that's just me.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Back in the days when we had small towns with unique retail and service businesses, we found a shop we liked and we generally stayed with them. The shopkeeper knew our names and might even know our parents' or our children's names. We received personal service and we provided it in our businesses as well. Remember the stories about doctors making house calls? And insurance agents who would come look at your car when you had a fender bender? And customer service departments that weren't based in India? They used to do that and have them when I was a kid.

Wow talk about taking a trip in the way back machine. Yes Sir I remember those days. But alas the children of today that graduate high school without even being able to write their names will never know such times as we did. By the way, rep sent your way...

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Yep. I think this thread has about run its course, especially given that the OP has the information she was originally seeking. I'm out.

Since this thread has been beat to death, can I try to derail it a bit more??? Do you have any more information on why a pilot is ejecting from an F-16 Thunderbird at an altitude of 50ft??? Got to be a good story behind that, hopefully with the best possible outcome (other then losing a multi-million dollar aircraft...)

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    All posters on this thread should run for government office.

I agree with the $10 charge but only if we cut $10 out of some place else.

So we charge the op ten bucks but have to reduce _______.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I AM OUTRAGED. I HAD A LIST OF 45 GUNS I WAS GOING TO BUY AT BRADIS TOMORROW AND NOW I'M GOING TO DON'S GUNS!

Ok, not really. Maybe I'll go buy another Type 53 at Bradis just for the heck of it.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Wow

Okay, I can see that it's hard to make money when you can't get product. I realize and understand business. However, that doesn't mean you start charging previous (and most likely returning) customers just so you can make a buck. Not within good morale anyway. If money is so tight that you can't pay your employee without having poor customer service, then it's time to start laying people off.

The part about,"I dare say that few of us do much work for which we do not get paid." You're right, but that employee is still getting paid. I could understand charging if there are no more employees who are getting paid to help customers, but that's obviously what employees are there for in a gun shop. It's not like there is product to be stocked...

Lets put it in another perspective. You're shooting your Colt 1911 and something breaks that's extremely expensive and you're just going to send it in for warranty repair. What if when you call Colt's CS, they want to charge you $10 to check and make sure the serial number on your gun matches an actual Colt? It's something they have, just takes a little time to look up. Would you not be upset? It's the principle rather than the money.

To all you people saying, "It's only $10" please, feel free to send $10 my way. Since it's useless to you, I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands. :)

Bad example . Obviously you have never dealt with Colt for something like a serial number search. If memory serves me right they start at $50

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All you have to do is look at their website!

First of all I still like Bradis and will continue to buy from them when the have what I want or need...but all you have to do is look at their website and know that they are somewhat Electronically challenged. I would guess they do not have a very sophisticated database for looking up such info. maybe that is one reason they can keep their prices out of the stratosphere. Maybe when I finish my IT degree in May I'll offer to upgrade them and bring them into the 21st century just for the practice. It does cost a bunch of money for software and consulting. And for some people pen and paper still works just fine. :laugh:

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Dang guys. Just don't see why this has turned so personal..

I don't know Bradis' procedures or what kind of effort it would take to find records over there, or if the OP request is even valid...

But dang guys, how about keeping it civil. :ingo:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't know Bradis' procedures or what kind of effort it would take to find records over there,
    It doesn't really matter, does it? They have a posted policy. They offered to provide the service according to their policy. Let's not obfuscate the issue with irrelevancies.

or if the OP request is even valid...

Which one? The one where she wants them to do the record retrieval or the one where she wants them to do the record retrieval for free?

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    I've never shopped at Bradis, don't know the OP, and don't really care one way or the other about this slow motion train wreck of a thread, but I'll jump in anyway.

I recently purchased my first firearm. When I got home, I recorded all of the information on gun, i.e. manufacturer, caliber, price, date and location of purchase, in a safe location. Then I put that same information into a database on my computer.

Why? So if I need the information, I have it on hand. If I have to contact SCCY because the pistol I bought needs work, I don't want to have to jump through any extra hoops to provide the information they need to get my problem handled.

What if my gun gets stolen? Police report, post on INGO stolen firearms thread... got the information right here. No need to call Bite the Bullet and ask them to look it up.

To me, it's all just part of being a responsible firearms owner.

Top Bottom