• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Bradis just said they would charge me ten dollars to look up the date I purchased my Modsberg from them in their computer... You have got to be kidding me?!?!

Could you please complete the following survey so in the future all firearms dealers can better serve you

Thanks

Indiana Gun Dealers Who have nothing better to do than please you! :rolleyes:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Seriously OP? You think most local gun shops have the massive databases that chain stores have? They can't just type your name into their computer and give a list of all your last purchases with receipts ready to print. Small stores just have a cash register, or a computer/register combo with POS.

They do keep records, they are required to keep logs.
    Time is money....

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    And if they had taken two seconds to explain the process I might have walked away with a different opinion of them....

And just for the record, I was also looking to place an order for another firearm... Right after I talked to Bradis I called Top Guns, a store almost two hours away, and placed my order with them because I have never had anyone treat me poorly there and they are always more than happy to explain why they don't have something or why something might take a while... I no longer have a reason to travel to TH like I once did, but I will do so for the fact I am treated like my purchase matters to them.

That gun order more than likely would have gone to Bradis if the rep I talked to on the phone had taken two seconds to explain they don't keep anything on a computer and it would need a bit of time to do so or why the process deserved a ten dollar service charge.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm going to make one legitimate post in this thread, then I'll go back to my bridge and continue to troll.

It's amazing how many people here will defend tooth and nail the actions of a gun shop (not in reference to Bradis or any shop in particular) when they would/do/have berate(d) the same or similar actions from any other business.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    On a spit slowly for hours :laugh:

obama_eats_dogs.png

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I'm going to make one legitimate post in this thread, then I'll go back to my bridge and continue to troll.

It's amazing how many people here will defend tooth and nail the actions of a gun shop (not in reference to Bradis or any shop in particular) when they would/do/have berate(d) the same or similar actions from any other business.

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

Truth. The LGS koolaid isn't sipped 'round these parts... It's a koolaid kegger.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The only caution I would give you...besides the obvious one about solvents which you've experienced firsthand...is that camo applique' surfaces wear quite quickly. I've seen many guns with the underlayer showing through after only one season from handling.

Most folks live with it because it's a field gun. A little touchup with camo spray paint and it's good to go for next year. I carried a Browning O/U with traditional bluing and a poly wood finish in the field for 10 years without a scratch on it. I carried a pistol with Cerakote in a Kydex for a week and the gun looked like it had been dragged behind a Humvee in Desert Storm.

Just don't set high expectations on the replacement from Mossberg. It's a field gun with a plastic finish and the plastic will wear.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Matt, it's not about defending the actions of the gun shop. It's about calling out the unreasonable expectations of the consumer. Small gun shops don't have high tech. Expecting them to have immediate access to sales information from months ago is just not realistic.

I have never, EVER, asked a gunshop to retrieve records of a transaction that happened more than a week previous. I want cheap guns, that is their role.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I was just in there today on the receiving end of wonderful service. And it's been a while since I paid attention to it, but right above the door to the back room/office there used to hang a sign explicitly stating that there would be a charge for records retrieval.

Kenny, Mark, anybody? Does that sign still hang there?

Because if'n it does, OP, this crow's for you:

1240605367-eating-crow.jpg

Top Bottom