• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Wow, imagine the complaining IF all LGS kept detailed records on everyone's purchases and could access the information in a matter of minutes. Invasion of privacy, back door registration, etc.

Many organizations charge for such retrieval of data. Want your medical records? Most hospitals charge $1 per page and your records can be hundreds of pages. Want government documents? Same thing.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Wow, imagine the complaining IF all LGS kept detailed records on everyone's purchases and could access the information in a matter of minutes. Invasion of privacy, back door registration, etc.

Many organizations charge for such retrieval of data. Want your medical records? Most hospitals charge $1 per page and your records can be hundreds of pages. Want government documents? Same thing.

QFT

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    All Reciepts

All records are kept on all gun purchases until the shop goes out of business and the the ATF gets them. As stated they are buried in multiple file cabinets and it is time consuming to go find them.

If we are busy looking up records then we can't show the customer a particular firearm they are asking about or dig through shipping looking for something that a customer is looking for

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    "I want something. I don't want to put forth any effort to get it. I want someone else to do the effort for me. I don't want to pay anything for it. I am entitled."

A Barack Hussein voter for sure.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I save mine for insurance reasons.

edit, even my bank charges for record searches.
    Did we ask how busy the store was at the time of the call or anything that would suggest they could just take a person off the sales floor to do a search?

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I would have given you the $10 and waited to see what happend next. I can imagine them coming back saying, we cant find it. Then what? LmAO

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have purchased several guns/accessory's and ammo from them. Always a hand written receipt or a cash register slip...nothing data based. If they have to log all this info in to a data base then time is involved along with maintaining such a base. I have seen nothing in that store in evidence such a system exists. Even if it does why are they responsible for keeping your records and for free.
    I have a log book. It starts for each piece when purchased and every receipt/modification and round count per gun goes into that log. Not everyone is so anal but these things aint cheap and I am jealous that you found one of the elusive modsburgs.................:D

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    This may be a stupid question, but is there any reason to save your purchase receipt? I just bought my first gun recently and did not save the receipt.

* Gun gets stolen, you have records
    * Selling gun to buyer, you have proof its not stolen.
    * Dont have an LTCH to show a seller, offer to show your most recent receipt to show that youve had a recent background check.

Last edited:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    It didn't take long for the bradis apologists to come out, if time is money why not charge for asking questions or being shown a gun?

We are being charged for asking questions or being shown a gun. It's called "markup", and every business does it. It's only free to you if you never buy anything.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I personally don't think that that kind of information should be given out over the phone, but of course that doesn't address your complaint. Under normal circumstances (these days aren't normal, with all the crazy buying), I would think that a gun shop might look up that information at their convenience and not charge for it, but they sure are entitled to charge a fee, especially if it took some significant time. Gun shops, in general, don't operate on a high profit margin. Some gun shops will give written valuations of guns for insurance purposes, when there was a loss, and not charge a fee. The shops that don't charge, consider it good will and hope the customer will buy from them in the future because of it. I personally don't think that, in general, customers shop based on good will. They look to see if the store has a product and if it is the least expensive.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    This may be a stupid question, but is there any reason to save your purchase receipt? I just bought my first gun recently and did not save the receipt.

Warranty might be limited to a time period or apply only to the original purchaser. If the gun is stolen, your insurance company might want you to prove that you actually owned it.

You can also use your receipts to say "honey, look how much I spent on guns last year".

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not one of the minions, but I just don't understand why the OP feel so entitled to get something for nothing.

All stores are stretching their employees' sanity to new limits and I bet after enough odd request the store owner or manager is going to just decide to start charging oddballs that want to socialize and make weird requests.

"Can you look up what it might cost me to order night sights for my Glawk, that I might not even buy?"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I run a business, and IMO you bend over freaking backwards to help customers, old, new, and in-between. Bradis doubtless spends a great deal of money on advertising: how much better for Bradis if instead of this thread we had a "dude from Bradis took 20 minutes to look through his files and find my date of purchase, +1 Bradis!" thread? How many more potential customers would they have added some "kudos points" to? It's less expensive than advertising, and builds goodwill with your community.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    * Gun gets stolen, you have records
    * Selling gun to buyer, you have proof its not stolen.
    * Dont have an LTCH to show a seller, offer to show your most recent receipt to show that youve had a recent background check.

Lets not forget, Tax deduction:rockwoot:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I run a business, and IMO you bend over freaking backwards to help customers, old, new, and in-between. Bradis doubtless spends a great deal of money on advertising: how much better for Bradis if instead of this thread we had a "dude from Bradis took 20 minutes to look through his files and find my date of purchase, +1 Bradis!" thread? How many more potential customers would they have added some "kudos points" to? It's less expensive than advertising, and builds goodwill with your community.

My guess? None. Gun buyers go for availability (right now) and price (always). Maybe it was different a long time ago in a galaxy far away.....

Top Bottom