• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I run a business, and IMO you bend over freaking backwards to help customers, old, new, and in-between. Bradis doubtless spends a great deal of money on advertising: how much better for Bradis if instead of this thread we had a "dude from Bradis took 20 minutes to look through his files and find my date of purchase, +1 Bradis!" thread? How many more potential customers would they have added some "kudos points" to? It's less expensive than advertising, and builds goodwill with your community.

This suggests a poor understanding of how the world works. If you are to stay in business for any length of time, learn how to invest your time wisely. Bankruptcy courts are full of well-intentioned but poor businessmen who espoused such as you have above.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    This suggests a poor understanding of how the world works. If you are to stay in business for any length of time, learn how to invest your time wisely. Bankruptcy courts are full of well-intentioned but poor businessmen who espoused such as you have above.

Of course you do. That's why you don't tell him to pay $10 for the service, but do it at your own convenience. Look it up over a lunch break, or when you have time elsewhere: unless your business is 100% always busy you have downtime that can be used for building up goodwill with customers. Bradis spends money to advertise on INGO: that costs "time" in the form of the money they spent here. Why not spend the equivalent amount of time building goodwill instead of having your name stained?

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I run a business, and IMO you bend over freaking backwards to help customers, old, new, and in-between. Bradis doubtless spends a great deal of money on advertising: how much better for Bradis if instead of this thread we had a "dude from Bradis took 20 minutes to look through his files and find my date of purchase, +1 Bradis!" thread? How many more potential customers would they have added some "kudos points" to? It's less expensive than advertising, and builds goodwill with your community.

I will say that after this experience and the attacks by their minions they have lost a customer in me, my father, and a coworker I just spoke to... If they had just said they were busy that would be one thing that I could understand, but the fee is ridiculous.

I am HUGE on good customer service and I will pay more or drive farther to give my money to people like Top Guns or Indy Trading Post after this experience. I will also have no problem voicing my now spoiled opinion of Bradis, and as you said, why would they want even one unsatisfied customer? And obviously I had given them business before on multiple occasions and would have continued to do so until this BS.

I applaud you for your view on customer service!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It is not as simple as a name search. If someone is asking for a receipt then we have to go to the computer and do the name search then find the receipt in the file room. Most people want a copy because they have had something stolen. Sorry you are upset about your experience but as everyone has already posted Time is money and the bosses have to pay the employees to look up your info.

He wasn't asking for a receipt just his date of purchase, if your bound book is computerized than it should be no big deal, if it is not then yes there could be some labor involved. The store I worked at was not computerized so we would charge 10.00/hr if the customer had no clue on approximate date of purchase. If we had a timeline then it wasn't very hard and could usually be done in a few minutes. This wasn't a guy that was wasting time looking at stuff he wasn't going to buy etc. etc. He had already purchased items so if you have a system that has records that are readily accessible it's called service after the sale.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It's $10 for gosh sake. You probably spend more than that on coffee, snacks, or any number of other things you don't actually need over the course of a day.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I am not a "minion". I am, however, a fellow gunshop owner. If you walked into Macy's and said you lost the receipt and would like another copy, perhaps the clerk would be able to find it on line if it was current. Otherwise, you'd have to go back to the billing department and it might take you days for a resolution.

A gunshop is not Macy's. We don't take back your firearm because the prom is over and you don't need it any more.

In this circumstance, you've given little legitimacy to your gripe. You said you found the records yourself. So, your standards of performance don't appear to be based on a pressing need. You hadn't lost them.

Why did you need the date in the first place? What was so important that you've spent all this time ragging on an Indianapolis gun shop?

Did you buy the firearm on a credit card? If so, your credit card records are immediately available to you on line.

What's the deal?

Last edited:

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Sounds like maybe Bradis has become a little too big and successful to remember good customer service can only help your business.I would have been offended also if my local gun store would charge this fee. Kinda sounds like something that would occur at a government agency or doctor's office where they have a captive audience-not a friendly guy trying to sell guns and promote the business through good word-of-mouth advertisement.:twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I save mine for insurance reasons.

edit, even my bank charges for record searches.
    Did we ask how busy the store was at the time of the call or anything that would suggest they could just take a person off the sales floor to do a search?

As to busy......I was in there on Monday and I could have done a gun inventory in 10 minutes...they were wiped out.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Personally I have no "loyalty" to Bradis, think I may have bought a gun or two there many years ago. My son bought one there this summer and had great service. I doubt I would have asked them to find a record of a previous purchase if the only reason was to "send an Email" and I had the information at home. If I did I would expect to pay for their time. I just purchased a Garand from CMP and was reading their policies. If you want a record check to see if the serial number on a Garand was ever sold by CMP they will attempt to check their files - for a $25 fee. If they don't find a record it still costs $25.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Service after the sale... hard to come by in almost any industry IMHO.

I've never personally had a "problem" with Bradis. I live very close, but they are not my first choice. I always get the feeling I'm bothering them, but that is most LGS unfortunately. Best service I ever got was when my wife was shopping for her daily carry... immediate, and pleasant service. :rolleyes:

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    There is a sign right where you check out at Bradis; largish sign, big print... just saying

Last edited:

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am not a "minion". I am, however, a fellow gunshop owner. If you walked into Macy's and said you lost the receipt and would like another copy, perhaps the clerk would be able to find it on line if it was current. Otherwise, you'd have to go back to the billing department and it might take you days for a resolution.

A gunshop is not Macy's. We don't take back your firearm because the prom is over and you don't need it any more.

In this circumstance, you've given little legitimacy to your gripe. You said you found the records yourself. So, your standards of performance don't appear to be based on a pressing need. You hadn't lost them.

Why did you need the date in the first place? What was so important that you've spent all this time ragging on an Indianapolis gun shop?

Did you buy the firearm on a credit card? If so, your credit card records are immediately available to you on line.

What's the deal?

1st off... Please let me know what gun shop you own so that I can make sure to never give you a penny of my hard earned money now that I know your view on customer service.

2nd... I paid cash for the firearm.

3rd... I needed the date of purchase since the gun that I bought there had a defect and has to be sent back to the manufacturer... I needed to provide that information to Mossberg for their system to generate my pre paid shipping label. Unlike Bradis they seem to have these new things called computers (since everyone on here says there are nothing but books and books of receipts that someone has to go thru and no automated record keeping at Bradis) and they were more than happy to find a solution to my problem and had no attitude about doing so.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Bradis just said they would charge me ten dollars to look up the date I purchased my Modsberg from them in their computer... You have got to be kidding me?!?!

Man, you really brought the fan boys out of the wood work with this. :):

The natives seem angry.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I did a little research on your posts. You stripped the camo finish off the buttstock by using a solvent to clean the shotgun.

First of all, your issue (if you have a legitimate gripe) is with Mossberg, not Bradis.

Second, you're ticked at Mossberg and rather than focusing on them, you've decided to nuke Bradis and anyone else who defends them (me).

Third, only an idiot cleans a camo dip with a solvent.

Good day.

Top Bottom