• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Like another poster or two had said, once they fired Mark (For no good reason) - I never went back.

And I'd spent a few thousand dollars with them, too. No that they ever missed my business, mind you.

But it was nice to have a shop where I'd be recognized and called out by name when I'd walk in if Mark or Kenny were working and saw me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Like another poster or two had said, once they fired Mark (For no good reason) - I never went back.

And I'd spent a few thousand dollars with them, too. No that they ever missed my business, mind you.

But it was nice to have a shop where I'd be recognized and called out by name when I'd walk in if Mark or Kenny were working and saw me.

I bought most of my guns from Bradis over the years before INGO. Traveled halfway across the state a few times for what was the best pricing at the time.

Never forget Bob getting my Colt Officers Model. He didn't have the relatively new gun in stock and had to order it. He explained to this dumb kid that he would order 5 of them to get the good sale pricing that Bradis was popular for.

Later, Kenny sold me a pistol, but I'm not sure whether Mark ever did. I spent a fair amount time jawing with them both in the store and also on various shooting ranges at events, classes and FNS.

:draw:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Same. I went because of Mark and Kenny (Simon6101). They went above and beyond. I would buy night sights there as I would have Mark and then once I went to M&P Kenny install them. I would go in for advice from those 2 and buy things I could get on the internet cheaper but get them there for the service those 2 provided.

Last couple of times I went it was strictly to talk to Kenny.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Same. I went because of Mark and Kenny (Simon6101). They went above and beyond. I would buy night sights there as I would have Mark and then once I went to M&P Kenny install them. I would go in for advice from those 2 and buy things I could get on the internet cheaper but get them there for the service those 2 provided.

Last couple of times I went it was strictly to talk to Kenny.
    I had a good group of folks that came looking for me. Always a good feeling when you realize they value your opinion. I appreciate all my friends and customers.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My oldest friend in life scanned 4473's for the Feds onto microfiche,
    for a company in Upper Marlboro, Md over 30 years ago. People are upset over something thats been common place a long time.
    Hasn't it always been true that ATF scans the 4473's for it's records when an 01 FFL closes and they take possession of their records?

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I think my first purchase from Bradis was in 2010 when they were doing an end of year inventory sale. I had been on this site for just over 2 years and my knowledge of different firearms that were out there was growing. They had a Saiga 12 with my name on it and I made the drive there one morning to pick it up. I think I paid around $400 for an "unconverted" Saiga 12. After that my buddies and I would stop in there after making our way to the 1500. IIRC, didn't Shooter's wife work in there at one time? I remember a woman working in there and when I filled out my paperwork she questioned the "City of Sullivan" and "County of Sullivan". Shooter told her that was correct. I think my only other business with them was around '15 or '16 when a group buy took place for INGO lowers. That might have been the last time I was in there. It wasn't a bad experience it was just never a local shop for me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ITP is another one I miss.

Same. They just couldn't get their feet under them it seemed. Not enough volume, pricing suffered, stock suffered, then they went to selling flea market knives and whatnot making the place more cluttered and with less stock people wanted. The range was pretty reasonable, especially once they improved the ventilation. I liked ITP and really hoped they could get it together with the new partner pumping in some money, but it's obviously a tough business.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Same. They just couldn't get their feet under them it seemed. Not enough volume, pricing suffered, stock suffered, then they went to selling flea market knives and whatnot making the place more cluttered and with less stock people wanted. The range was pretty reasonable, especially once they improved the ventilation. I liked ITP and really hoped they could get it together with the new partner pumping in some money, but it's obviously a tough business.
    Losing their parking didn't help either, that's for sure. I got some helluva good deals on used guns there.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County

Same here.

Most of my very extensive WWII collection came from Bradis' racks and the ones I bought on line were transferred by them.

I too do most of my shopping at Indy Arms now. It's a great shop and range!

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Bought many a guns in there back in the day ........( during the $69 SKS days ) and many after .
    Always had a good experience ( never got to know anyone by name ) but always seem to deal with the guy with a long beard .
    Definitely could tell when new ownership/mgmt changed . So I stopped going .......I think I visited Bradis II more than 1 at the end of my visits ........Couldn`t tell you the last time I was there .

But still hate to see a shop close ..........

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Had a number of dealings with Simon6101 when I would go to Bradis early on. Then there was a lull in my gun buying days, A couple of years later when I walked back into the store, he remembered me and greeted me by name. Even when I was just browsing, he always made it a point to speak with me and offer any advice I might need. People like that make the store, not the inventory. Sorry to see them go.

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    Something might be up with what used to be Marion Counties go to gun shop... Bradis Guns.

It started with a vague post about being closed Temporarily. Now I am seeing other posts elsewhere that staff have been let go?

Anyone know what is going on?

View attachment 366150
    I just bought a gun from there last month, it was empty and barley anything in stock, and some stuff was on clearance. Just a year ago they had just about anything you could want.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    In the early 1990s the store manager told me that originally Mr. Bradis started a hardware store. At one point he acquired a batch of shotguns which he displayed by putting them in an old wooden barrel. They sold so well he bought more and then expanded the type and quantity of firearms he sold. The rest is history....
    I have no idea if this is a true but I like it.

I bought my first real gun there decades ago; a German made Sig226 that I still have. I bought a few more there over the years and always felt I purchased guns at a fair price with good service and a helpful staff.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Drove by there on Sat about 10:30 and there were 5 or 6 cars in the lot (used to be a lot more). Didn't stop, so not sure if open for business or just the final cleanup/packing team. Based on this little set of posts I am surmisimg it was cleanup crew.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    On the Bradis Guns Facebook page on the 18th it was posted that Bradis would be open on the 20th from 10AM to 6PM.

So that would correspond with what you saw @Chewie

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    First time I went to Brandi’s he had a lot more chainsaws than guns! I remember he was the cheapest for a while but I never really bought anything from them because I could order it myself. I did go with a buddy once who bought a couple ARs during the Ban period and got a smoking deal. Haven’t been in there in years but hate to see a shop close.

Top Bottom