• ...and so much more!
  • Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    The first gun I ever bought was a Mosin from Bradis in the early 2000’s. It was a great shop to visit and I bought a few other guns there. I hadn’t been there for years and stopped in last year and it wasn’t the same.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I've only been there once, more/less 3yrs ago. Seemed like any other gun store. I agree it's unfortunate to see an independent dealer leave the market place. Maybe the real estate is worth more than the retail operations? I note that the preeminit fur coat dealer used to be along the same stretch of road, before it closed.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sad. They are only 5 mins from me. They used to be the bees knees.
    And about 10 mins ago I was thinking about stopping by to see what they had in bolt actions. Guess not.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    My favorite local shop.

@Simon6101 know any details?
    I quit about 2 weeks ago. Wasnt allowed to order to restock the store. Owner called a meeting and informed us that she was considering closing but wasn't sure of time frame. Told the staff that we were not allowed to purchase anything from the store. So I facilitated all the full time employees finding new jobs.

When I started there 15 years ago we had well over 1200 firearms in the store at any given time. The day I left there were 214 in the store.

I enjoyed my time at Bradis and have made a lot of friends and met some really good people.

She still intends on trying to open on Saturdays to move as much as she can so her or the family don't have to deal with it.

Was a good run but since Bob passed it had not been the same.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The end of an era. Thanks @Simon6101 for the inside scoop.

Considering They've been a pillar in the community for decades (crazy Bradis II anti OC guy 11 years ago notwithstanding) I think we should do what we can to help clean house.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I quit about 2 weeks ago. Wasnt allowed to order to restock the store. Owner called a meeting and informed us that she was considering closing but wasn't sure of time frame. Told the staff that we were not allowed to purchase anything from the store. So I facilitated all the full time employees finding new jobs.

When I started there 15 years ago we had well over 1200 firearms in the store at any given time. The day I left there were 214 in the store.

I enjoyed my time at Bradis and have made a lot of friends and met some really good people.

She still intends on trying to open on Saturdays to move as much as she can so her or the family don't have to deal with it.

Was a good run but since Bob passed it had not been the same.
    That sounds about right, thanks for the info.

It just shows that nothing is an institution forever. I know they were an INGO darling for years, but it seemed like around 2013/2014 the shop started a long slow agonizing decline. Nothing overnight, just as the years past, it was less and less of the shop it was, knew something wasn’t right when I saw Bradis II closed and rented out to someone.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    That's a shame. I didn't get out there very often, but always thought they had GREAT prices and a good selection. I started reloading about 6 years ago and happened to visit when they were closing Bradis II and managed to get everything I needed to start reloading for 40% off.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    That sounds about right, thanks for the info.

It just shows that nothing is an institution forever. I know they were an INGO darling for years, but it seemed like around 2013/2014 the shop started a long slow agonizing decline. Nothing overnight, just as the years past, it was less and less of the shop it was, knew something wasn’t right when I saw Bradis II closed and rented out to someone.
    They closed B2 due to the supply chain and Covid. We just couldn't get a lot of the stuff we carried in that store

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    That is a bummer. I know plenty here have had issues at Bradis, but they seemed friendly enough when I would go in there. I didn't always buy something, but I bought enough here and there. I was just in there a few weeks ago.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Most unfortunate that a long standing LGS bites the dust. Unfortunately over the past few years you could see the downward slide. They should have sought some “professional” business consulting services to fix things. I know, I know it’s a stretch to say that but in today’s competitive market sometimes you need all the help you can get. My :twocents:!

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Most unfortunate that a long standing LGS bites the dust. Unfortunately over the past few years you could see the downward slide. They should have sought some “professional” business consulting services to fix things. I know, I know it’s a stretch to say that but in today’s competitive market sometimes you need all the help you can get. My :twocents:!
    I don’t k ow the specifics of Brandi’s but from reading here a spouse and Daughter took over management. Never good

Like several here I work at a Gunshop
    indoor range. I teach primarily but have helped out doing Gunbroker listings in the internet sales side and did some counter help.

Any buisness is hard but most gun enthusiasts/owners don’t have a clue how MUCH harder running a gun shop is you have to be on your A game.

Lots of Doctors and Lawyera have tried opening gun stores up only to fail miserably.

And if the owner/ wife of owner left with it don’t want to listen it’s a matter of a short time before it’s done!

If you go to a gun store (most but there might be that retired guy that owns everything iutright) if the owner has time to talk for 20-30-60 minutes and isn’t taking a call, excusing themselves to keep prices straight on inventory etc it’s gonna be closed within a year or 2.

A lot of customers got mad because we had a separate internet site but any brick and mortar shop that does not have that is missing out.

The thing about a lot of gun buyers (like the ones that fondle guns at a shop and try to save 20 bucks ordering it somewhere else) there are a lot of them and if they think they are getting a deal over on their shop they order even if it means a transfer fee takes it up to what they could have gotten it for when they fondled it.

some people are weird like that

Top Bottom