• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wadebuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2020
    indianapolis
    It has always been around 60% or what the value is. I’m not sure who or why that number was decided on but that’s more or less the industry standard.
    Way back in 1990 when I lived in Lafayette myself and buddies would drive down because Bradis was just one of the best places to get a deal *and* they were great on trade-ins back then. None of this 60% value stuff, especially if you BOUGHT THE GUN FROM THEM, had it 3-4 months and came back in to trade, all the time i would get $300 in trade on a gun I bought from them for $350. thats 85% of the value back towards another new gun. my buddies and i did this a lot knowing we wouldnt takea huge bath by taking a chance on a gun we were not sure if we liked or not until we shot it. Of course those were the days of Bob Bradis and Anna was one of the top sales people there and she was just fantastic to work with. She knew how to handle customers and had great personality. I still have 1 case of 5.56 i got from them in 1990 for $199...lol....

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Last time I was in there was about 10 years ago. My wife was buying me a new pew pew for a special occasion. So me the wife and my neighbor pile in the car to head to braids just to look around. Turns out there’s a bolt action there I like so I look at it and in talking to the very young man behind the counter we agree on a price and I look at some scopes he helps me with that I pick out a simpler 3x9 and put a brick of ammo on the tab too. All the while he has a very stand off attitude and totally unfriendly. So anyhoo I tell him I will take it and was ready to fill out paperwork. He says well…..nobody is taking a gun home today. I say what’s that supposed to mean and he says somebody in your party has been smoking dope…. Cannot sell you a gun today but you can come back when your not stoned and get it then..I said well son. Number one I nor anyone with me has been smoking weed. Tied it didn’t like it and my neighbor is a OTR Trucker for FED EX And get tested regularly and is very anti drug. So i think you are mistaken. He tells me he is some kinda county sheriff cadet reserve whatever and if I like he can give them a call and have us searched….i tell him number one your wrong and number two if I wanted to do bad with a gun this .22 bolt action wouldn’t be my first choice as I have a safe full of better stuff. At that point I decided this is going nowhere and decided to just leave. Up to that point I had bought several firearms there but that was my last visit.

I have been waiting 10 years to get that off my chest..thanks for listening

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Last time I was in there was about 10 years ago. My wife was buying me a new pew pew for a special occasion. So me the wife and my neighbor pile in the car to head to braids just to look around. Turns out there’s a bolt action there I like so I look at it and in talking to the very young man behind the counter we agree on a price and I look at some scopes he helps me with that I pick out a simpler 3x9 and put a brick of ammo on the tab too. All the while he has a very stand off attitude and totally unfriendly. So anyhoo I tell him I will take it and was ready to fill out paperwork. He says well…..nobody is taking a gun home today. I say what’s that supposed to mean and he says somebody in your party has been smoking dope…. Cannot sell you a gun today but you can come back when your not stoned and get it then..I said well son. Number one I nor anyone with me has been smoking weed. Tied it didn’t like it and my neighbor is a OTR Trucker for FED EX And get tested regularly and is very anti drug. So i think you are mistaken. He tells me he is some kinda county sheriff cadet reserve whatever and if I like he can give them a call and have us searched….i tell him number one your wrong and number two if I wanted to do bad with a gun this .22 bolt action wouldn’t be my first choice as I have a safe full of better stuff. At that point I decided this is going nowhere and decided to just leave. Up to that point I had bought several firearms there but that was my last visit.

I have been waiting 10 years to get that off my chest..thanks for listening
    Glad you waited, 10 years ago anyone who spoke against the place would not be allowed back here by the members who loved them.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I skimmed all the posts and have never been to or have any connection with Brandis. Instead of pressure from ATF, it appears that they closed due to poor management. These days with inflation running rampant, people have less disposable income to spend. I am thinking that is one factor for small businesses, who provide mostly luxuries, to be going out of business or struggling through a downturn. When the managers aren't tip top, the businesses fail. Whitakers in western Kentucky closed without notice. They used to have a huge inventory with good prices. I don't know their reason for failure.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I skimmed all the posts and have never been to or have any connection with Brandis. Instead of pressure from ATF, it appears that they closed due to poor management. These days with inflation running rampant, people have less disposable income to spend. I am thinking that is one factor for small businesses, who provide mostly luxuries, to be going out of business or struggling through a downturn. When the managers aren't tip top, the businesses fail. Whitakers in western Kentucky closed without notice. They used to have a huge inventory with good prices. I don't know their reason for failure.
    There is maybe some to that but my feelings from a lot of places it seems folks are not as forgiving is someone comes across as an a$$hat to them from a buisness so they go elsewhere.

And with firearms stuff there is always someone with an FFL you can order nationwide and have them handle the backgrounds so when some dealers/employees act like they are the only place in town not so much the case now with the amount of dealers nationwide doing Gunbroker and people know that so they don’t have to put up with arrogance. Even if it’s just that one person giving a good store a bad impression

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Bradis was one of the first places I visited back in the day when I first decided to buy something (I bought a Saadi and Norinco AK-47). That and Don's Guns (first hand gun - .25 Raven). They were the only ones I remember decades ago. Never thought I'd see Bradis closed but there are many dealers in town now and they were too far from where I am now.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bradis was one of the first places I visited back in the day when I first decided to buy something (I bought a Saadi and Norinco AK-47). That and Don's Guns (first hand gun - .25 Raven). They were the only ones I remember decades ago. Never thought I'd see Bradis closed but their are many dealers in town now and they were too far from where I am now.
    I think you meant Maadi... ;)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Glad you waited, 10 years ago anyone who spoke against the place would not be allowed back here by the members who loved them.
    I live in a completely different part of the state, so I never darkened the doorway of Bradis, but the fanbois that used to be here were enough to make me never want to go near the place. The arrogance of a few of them, one was even a mod here if memory serves, was just through the roof.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I had no idea Whitakers was gone! I think at one time, they were the largest Ruger dealer in the country.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There is maybe some to that but my feelings from a lot of places it seems folks are not as forgiving is someone comes across as an a$$hat to them from a buisness so they go elsewhere.

And with firearms stuff there is always someone with an FFL you can order nationwide and have them handle the backgrounds so when some dealers/employees act like they are the only place in town not so much the case now with the amount of dealers nationwide doing Gunbroker and people know that so they don’t have to put up with arrogance. Even if it’s just that one person giving a good store a bad impression
    Not to mention the "lowest price no matter what." also has a lot to do with it. So they go in, fondle the item, then go buy it online because they can save 3%. Do that long enough and you will soon no longer have a local place to do that fondling.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not to mention the "lowest price no matter what." also has a lot to do with it. So they go in, fondle the item, then go buy it online because they can save 3%. Do that long enough and you will soon no longer have a local place to do that fondling.
    On the flip side, provide some differentiator as a brick and mortar and they can earn my business. Many gun shops don't offer anything but bare minimum and some even less.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    USDS is a great example. Free install on pistol sights. They are my go-to for new sights.
    Yep, that was one of the reasons I would go to Bradis. Mark would install my Glock sights (when he was still there) and Kenny would do the M&P stuff. Kenny actually installed a few things for me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jrde409
    Top Bottom