• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    After watching Trump at his mini presser (hipster talk for taking questions from the media) yesterday, it sounds like Wayne and the Senators may be getting through to him. Every question he got on guns and even a pointed one on the UBC bill, he turned to just talking about mental illness.
    Pretty sure the Democrats think Trump is an expert on mental illness.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well, it's Friday. Nothing said this week, at least yet.

Did I miss something? I'm asking for a....well I'm asking for me.

There were lots of phone calls and emails sent this week. Braces touch a lot more gun owners than bumpstocks. I still wouldn't breathe easy. We are still in the trenches fighting this recent and massive bipartisan push for gun control.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There were lots of phone calls and emails sent this week. Braces touch a lot more gun owners than bumpstocks. I still wouldn't breathe easy. We are still in the trenches fighting this recent and massive bipartisan push for gun control.

Bumpstocks have been described as a toy and in my mind they are. But even toys get scrutinized these days.
    I am not one to say let them have this and they will leave that alone. They are on a well defined path with a very well laid out end game. We all know what it is.

That crazy orange man is leaning towards the real issues in this (Mental Health) is a positive.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    That crazy orange man is leaning towards the real issues in this (Mental Health) is a positive.
    And he's not wrong. What hasn't changed over time? Guns. They're still just an object that can do absolutely nothing without an intelligent mind behind it. What has changed over time? People minds/thoughts and culture

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    And he's not wrong. What hasn't changed over time? Guns. They're still just an object that can do absolutely nothing without an intelligent mind behind it. What has changed over time? People minds/thoughts and culture

Ya they used to sell thompsons at hardware stores and organized crime was the reason for restrictions. Something has changed as of recent decades and its not access to more firepower.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well every post I've made recently against the nra and president has been justified and proven, sorry if it hurts your pride to admit we've been duped by a liberal and a greedy "non profit ". I posted the screen grab of the prince post. These take place mostly in private groups so links will not work. Any official statement will be too late.

I never said anything against Trump until he lead the charge to ban bumpstocks. Then spoke against suppressors, now national red flag laws and joking about using them as a weapon to silence political opposition. The nra has been complicit with him all the way. There is a reason the board is jumping ship.

Hmm, maybe next time?

:n00b:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    While i know Canterbury is a douche, our local FOP is raffling off an Ar15, Glock 45, and an Esse knife. They've been getting some bs for it on social media and they countered with this reply;

"Responsible firearms ownership is a pillar of a law enforcement officer’s lifestyle, and the members of F.O.P. Lodge #145 support both the state and federal constitutions, which contain provisions to guarantee the people’s right to bear arms," the group said in its written statement.
    "The AR-15 or Armalite Rifle-15 has become the preferred firearm of domestic law enforcement when danger is near," the group said. "For the same reasons the AR-15 has become popular with law enforcement, it has also become the most popular civilian rifle in America. If we in law enforcement are to be trusted with such firearms, then so should the peaceable people that we swore to serve."
    Those are the kinda cops I like and know around here.
    Awesome!!
    Cops and gun owners should always work together because we mostly all want the same things.
    I'd pull out MY pistol or an AR and back up a cop in need any day of the week. Dont mess with "muh rights". Thats all I ask. I don't wanna bother nobody or hurt nobody. I want to be left alone to raise my kids to be good patriotic Americans in a safe state. We all want the same things and should all be against the criminals together.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Braces are mainstream now. Major manufacturers dont just sell braces they sell complete pistol packages because of the braces on them and the sweet little package they make.
    Tens of thousands of braces are sold every month I guarentee it.
    These are in common use and will not be going away.
    But yes everyone needs to be sending letters to their reps now. And keep the pressure up on them. No more background checks. No redflag laws. No assault weapons ban, no hicap mag ban, No more 2nd amendment infringement.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Trigger- very well stated on both the last two posts man.

I don't know doodly squat about how these braces work and have personally never understood the AR pistol vs it being a SBR, but I support no more infringements

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Bumpstocks have been described as a toy and in my mind they are. But even toys get scrutinized these days.
    I am not one to say let them have this and they will leave that alone. They are on a well defined path with a very well laid out end game. We all know what it is.

I agree that mental health is an issue. What concerns me is where will it lead and who gets to decide who is mentally unfit to own a firearm? Many people would use mental health as an excuse to start going door to door and confiscating firearms. Most Democrats think that Trump supporters are all mentally unstable, so who makes that determination? Hopefully it's not someone like Diane Feinstein who said:

[FONT=&amp]"As [/FONT][FONT=&amp]I understand our bill, no issue has arose [sic] in this regard during the ten years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have[/FONT]to — if[FONT=&amp]you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."[/FONT]

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I agree that mental health is an issue. What concerns me is where will it lead and who gets to decide who is mentally unfit to own a firearm? Many people would use mental health as an excuse to start going door to door and confiscating firearms. Most Democrats think that Trump supporters are all mentally unstable, so who makes that determination? Hopefully it's not someone like Diane Feinstein who said:

[FONT=&amp]"As [/FONT][FONT=&amp]I understand our bill, no issue has arose [sic] in this regard during the ten years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have[/FONT]to — if[FONT=&amp]you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."[/FONT]

Mental health shouldn't be a gun control measure.

It should be mental health and just mental health. There's an incredible amount of people out there in desperate need of mental help and they can't get it because they fear the repercussions for their rights.

People who actually want help aren't a threat anyway. The problem is a lack of places to receive mental healthcare, and a general stigma towards it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

[FONT=&amp]"As [/FONT][FONT=&amp]I understand our bill, no issue has arose [sic] in this regard during the ten years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of [/FONT]PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War,[FONT=&amp] it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have[/FONT]to — if[FONT=&amp]you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."[/FONT]
    What a bunch of BS. PTSD has been around probably as long as there has been warfare. In WWI and WWII they called it "shell shocked". :rolleyes:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    What a bunch of BS. PTSD has been around probably as long as there has been warfare. In WWI and WWII they called it "shell shocked". :rolleyes:

There is a VA in Marion. They used to house a lot of patients that were let's say unstable. This was before we went over to the sand trap the first time. Not sure where they all went. I know that there are a few places that house them in the civilian world around here.

Maybe they all just got better from the great medical care they were provided by the same country that they protected.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's early.

attachment.php

Got a link for that? Or was that made up for "the cause" also?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

While the diagnosis may be attributable to soldiers and combat, the condition is not exclusive to military and warfare. There is plenty of life-altering trauma to go around in the civilian world.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While the diagnosis may be attributable to soldiers and combat, the condition is not exclusive to military and warfare. There is plenty of life-altering trauma to go around in the civilian world.

There is. I know a few folks never in the military that have been diagnosed with PTSD. And it explains some of their behaviors.

Top Bottom