• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There is. I know a few folks never in the military that have been diagnosed with PTSD. And it explains some of their behaviors.

Yeah, things like losing your family in a fire, surviving a predatory, violent assault, and a host of other things can all cause serious issues.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    While the diagnosis may be attributable to soldiers and combat, the condition is not exclusive to military and warfare. There is plenty of life-altering trauma to go around in the civilian world.

A good friend of mine was having a really tough time after his second parent passed, then shortly thereafter got dumped by his GF. After my urging him, he eventually sought some therapy. I don't know who or how qualified the therapist he went to was, but I was a bit shocked to hear my friend say he was diagnosed with PTSD. :dunno:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    PTSD is simply elevated stress brought on by a traumatic event. Literally could be anything, there is no standard for individuals ability to cope with different events. Military made it mainstream. It's not always permanent often times it's transitory.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    PTSD is simply elevated stress brought on by a traumatic event. Literally could be anything, there is no standard for individuals ability to cope with different events. Military made it mainstream. It's not always permanent often times it's transitory.

Brother I hope it is transitory. It is effecting some one I care about.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I read about a college student who did not qualify for any government funding. So, he got a doctor to diagnose him with PTSD as seperation anxiety from being away from his parents. THEN he qualified for all king of government grants.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bumpstocks have been described as a toy and in my mind they are. But even toys get scrutinized these days.
    I am not one to say let them have this and they will leave that alone. They are on a well defined path with a very well laid out end game. We all know what it is.

That crazy orange man is leaning towards the real issues in this (Mental Health) is a positive.

I agree. Same with TRUE high cap (60-100+) round mags. Those crazy big drum mags are highly unreliable and lots of reports that they jam frequently. Definitely no real tactical value IMHO. (I'm sure others may disagree) I'll take 3 30s over a 100 drum, personally.

Still, I dont trust my govt to not creep beyond those toys, so I dont support an actual ban on them. First its true high cap mags. Then a little while later they will decide it didnt work, so maybe they need to expand them to 30 round mags... lather rinse repeat.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. Same with TRUE high cap (60-100+) round mags. Those crazy big drum mags are highly unreliable and lots of reports that they jam frequently. Definitely no real tactical value IMHO. (I'm sure others may disagree) I'll take 3 30s over a 100 drum, personally.

Still, I dont trust my govt to not creep beyond those toys, so I dont support an actual ban on them. First its true high cap mags. Then a little while later they will decide it didnt work, so maybe they need to expand them to 30 round mags... lather rinse repeat.

Read the sentence following the highlighted red. I totally agree with you.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

My surefire mags are fine. My buddies Schmeisser 60s were running good too. Toys are air soft.

Bumpstocks only got banned because a psycho demonstrated they actually were effective in a suppressive fire role...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My surefire mags are fine. My buddies Schmeisser 60s were running good too. Toys are air soft.

Bumpstocks only got banned because a psycho demonstrated they actually were effective in a suppressive fire role...

But did he really...????Not arguing here just never got a lot of info on that one.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    But did he really...????Not arguing here just never got a lot of info on that one.

1 guy suppressed and terrorized an entire festival pretty effectively using them. This is a cold observation only, this was terrorism and senseless violence. They banned it because they feared it, not because it was a toy. Lots of people considered rds on a pistol a toy, now they are becoming standard.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    1 guy suppressed and terrorized an entire festival pretty effectively using them. This is a cold observation only, this was terrorism and senseless violence. They banned it because they feared it, not because it was a toy. Lots of people considered rds on a pistol a toy, now they are becoming standard.

Meh...review the information available and then ask yourself a few questions(in your head).
    How would YOU have pulled off vegas?

The vegas guy was just a patsy. Vegas was a contract job pushed by a political agenda.

If you dont hear from me again, you'll know i was right.

Shred

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Meh...review the information available and then ask yourself a few questions(in your head).

The vegas guy was just a patsy. Vegas was a contract job pushed by a political agenda.

Shred

Crap.....are you dumping on Billery.....:):

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Shred

The facts don't stack. I was instant skeptic even discussed it on here, but looking back it doesn't look like a conspiracy to me. Just a well planned psychotic attack from a fragile minded radicalized extremist that saw a way to force action. These shooters are just a different tier of suicide bomber.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The facts don't stack. I was instant skeptic even discussed it on here, but looking back it doesn't look like a conspiracy to me. Just a well planned psychotic attack from a fragile minded radicalized extremist that saw a way to force action. These shooters are just a different tier of suicide bomber.

On the news this morning there were 3 arrests in different states for people making threats of this.
    Maybe people will start paying attention.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I dunno about normal effectiveness. Whats the MOA of a target 100yds wide at a 1/4 mile?

First atf recalled factory braced firearm.

Can we get a Cliffs Notes version? too small to read on my screen. (even after clicking the thumbnail)

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    "..... shall not be infringed"
    .gov regulating it away
    My gosh, is this really what our country was founded to be? Is this what so many have died for over the years? To have some bureaucrat tell us what plastic piece we can have on our firearm, or how long of a barrel, and/or type of barrel, in combination with overall length.... blah, blah, blah.

Top Bottom