• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd take Gary Johnsons policy positions over Trumps or Clintons every time. Would you not?
    So much needs done in the libertarian camp? Implying not as much needs done in the GOP or Dem camp?
    Open borders? Nah. Johnson showed himself to be a SJW **********. The Libertarian Party isn’t mature. They need to figure out if they’re realists, or ideologues. So far, they’ve obviously chosen the latter.

There’s a fine balance between principle and pragmatism. I’d say that line favors principle. But there’s a point where reality just overwhelms principle. People insisting on principle over reality on everything, at some point can lose everything. The world isn’t all principle. And it’s especially vulnerable to failure when the principles aren’t compatible with human nature.

Libertarian’s have not impressed me as capable of ceding or even seeing that on some things, they could be full of ****. So they’re good to have in the conversation because they remind us of some fine principles. But they don’t make good leaders. Let’s keep them in the philosophical conversation. Maybe even holding some representative offices. But not in the big chair until they’ve matured enough to get out of that “young idealist” stage.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Yeah but the dems already traded all of their gonads for vaginas. Im not paying for dick surgeries for libtards
    They got one, now they are stuck with it.
    Libtard Eve turned into steve and steve into eve. No do overs

You talk the talk but you ain't gonna be able to stop anyone from getting the surgery; and yes, YOU will pay.....among many other things you do not want to do.

There is no honor in unwarranted resistance.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Johnsons policy was never open boarders. It was to expand Visa program and keep our boarder the way it was.
    I suppose if the boarder became everyone's number 1 issue this past election, johnson didn't give a good simple chant like dear leader. As I said earlier any complaint you could have leveled against him could be leveled against Trump a dozen times over.
    I can't think of a single leadership quality Trump had over Johnson. At least not any I personally want in a president.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Open borders? Nah. Johnson showed himself to be a SJW **********. The Libertarian Party isn’t mature. They need to figure out if they’re realists, or ideologues. So far, they’ve obviously chosen the latter.

There’s a fine balance between principle and pragmatism. I’d say that line favors principle. But there’s a point where reality just overwhelms principle. People insisting on principle over reality on everything, at some point can lose everything. The world isn’t all principle. And it’s especially vulnerable to failure when the principles aren’t compatible with human nature.

Libertarian’s have not impressed me as capable of ceding or even seeing that on some things, they could be full of ****. So they’re good to have in the conversation because they remind us of some fine principles. But they don’t make good leaders. Let’s keep them in the philosophical conversation. Maybe even holding some representative offices. But not in the big chair until they’ve matured enough to get out of that “young idealist” stage.

Bingo. Well stated sir. And exactly how I see this group. They are not a viable option to the issues we face.
    With this I see a lot of work to be done. But how do we take on the machine. Those who actually run the country.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Bingo. Well stated sir. And exactly how I see this group. They are not a viable option to the issues we face.
    With this I see a lot of work to be done. But how do we take on the machine. Those who actually run the country.

I'll grant you the issues the party has as a whole but at least I'm getting behind something as a potential solution. As soon as I hear a better one I'll gladly jump on board with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll grant you the issues the party has as a whole but at least I'm getting behind something as a potential solution. As soon as I hear a better one I'll gladly jump on board with it.

I understand. But replacing a faulty product with one that is already faulty is not an option for a lot of us.
    I do so hate the system we have in place. But until we as a group can actually put something on the table that will work we are stuck with it. The machine knows this. It is by design.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I understand. But replacing a faulty product with one that is already faulty is not an option for a lot of us.
    I do so hate the system we have in place. But until we as a group can actually put something on the table that will work we are stuck with it. The machine knows this. It is by design.

That's the thing though it wouldn't be replacing one faulty product with another, itd be busting the stranglehold the 2 parties hold.
    That said I honestly think the problem is the 'average voter' though and I dont have a good solution to that.
    A lot of truth to "the best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oh, everyone believes, from emptiness to everything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's the thing though it wouldn't be replacing one faulty product with another, itd be busting the stranglehold the 2 parties hold.
    That said I honestly think the problem is the 'average voter' though and I dont have a good solution to that.
    A lot of truth to "the best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter"

If I could count the minutes I have spent doing exactly this.
    People get deeply invested in an idea. Religion and politics. It is almost impossible to sway an already made up mind.
    I am a prime example.

vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    Seriously there are a number of prominent 2a attorneys on social media talking about an announcement this week. It may be too late.

Well, it's Friday. Nothing said this week, at least yet.

Did I miss something? I'm asking for a....well I'm asking for me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    After watching Trump at his mini presser (hipster talk for taking questions from the media) yesterday, it sounds like Wayne and the Senators may be getting through to him. Every question he got on guns and even a pointed one on the UBC bill, he turned to just talking about mental illness.

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    After watching Trump at his mini presser (hipster talk for taking questions from the media) yesterday, it sounds like Wayne and the Senators may be getting through to him. Every question he got on guns and even a pointed one on the UBC bill, he turned to just talking about mental illness.
    Well that sounds promising.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I did not see this. Thanks for update.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

*small sigh of relief* although probably short lived

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Appearing for his confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Chuck Canterbury said he is still president of the National Fraternal Order of Police, so he could not stray from that organization’s official positions.

We all know what the FOP want. Total disarmament. Why would Trump pick this anti gun Nazi to be head of the BATF?

Seems anti 2nd amendment to me.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Appearing for his confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Chuck Canterbury said he is still president of the National Fraternal Order of Police, so he could not stray from that organization’s official positions.

We all know what the FOP want. Total disarmament. Why would Trump pick this anti gun Nazi to be head of the BATF?

Seems anti 2nd amendment to me.

Not total disarmament; just disarmament of private citizens. Even gun banners want to ensure state is well armed.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    While i know Canterbury is a douche, our local FOP is raffling off an Ar15, Glock 45, and an Esse knife. They've been getting some bs for it on social media and they countered with this reply;

"Responsible firearms ownership is a pillar of a law enforcement officer’s lifestyle, and the members of F.O.P. Lodge #145 support both the state and federal constitutions, which contain provisions to guarantee the people’s right to bear arms," the group said in its written statement.
    "The AR-15 or Armalite Rifle-15 has become the preferred firearm of domestic law enforcement when danger is near," the group said. "For the same reasons the AR-15 has become popular with law enforcement, it has also become the most popular civilian rifle in America. If we in law enforcement are to be trusted with such firearms, then so should the peaceable people that we swore to serve."

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    While i know Canterbury is a douche, our local FOP is raffling off an Ar15, Glock 45, and an Esse knife. They've been getting some bs for it on social media and they countered with this reply;

"Responsible firearms ownership is a pillar of a law enforcement officer’s lifestyle, and the members of F.O.P. Lodge #145 support both the state and federal constitutions, which contain provisions to guarantee the people’s right to bear arms," the group said in its written statement.
    "The AR-15 or Armalite Rifle-15 has become the preferred firearm of domestic law enforcement when danger is near," the group said. "For the same reasons the AR-15 has become popular with law enforcement, it has also become the most popular civilian rifle in America. If we in law enforcement are to be trusted with such firearms, then so should the peaceable people that we swore to serve."

That's good stuff right there.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I know several local law enforcement they encourage citizens to arm themselves. Because they usually do not arrive until after the crime is committed. Our Sheriff is very 2nd amendment friendly. How is it guys like Canterbury get so high in rank is it political?

Top Bottom