• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I dunno about normal effectiveness. Whats the MOA of a target 100yds wide at a 1/4 mile?

Can we get a Cliffs Notes version? too small to read on my screen. (even after clicking the thumbnail)

Crowd control is not really about moa.. I honestly never shot with one, but like anything training can make improvements. AK variants spray like crazy running fast, and we can't deny their effectiveness in the field.

Cliff note is two models of braced black aces shotguns are now sbs, because an adapter was installed to put the brace on. Sounds like an argument that could be used for all non functional part mounted braces to be reclassified to sbr. The letter told the FFL to report all sales to atf for investigation.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Crowd control is not really about moa.. I honestly never shot with one, but like anything training can make improvements. AK variants spray like crazy running fast, and we can't deny their effectiveness in the field.

I think you misunderstood. My point was "how effective can a weapon be judged if the target is the size of a football field?" He didnt have to aim. I can throw two dollars of loose pennies at a trash can. Just because some land inside the can doesnt mean I'm accurate or effective.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I think you misunderstood. My point was "how effective can a weapon be judged if the target is the size of a football field?" He didnt have to aim. I can throw two dollars of loose pennies at a trash can. Just because some land inside the can doesnt mean I'm accurate or effective.

But they were effective in the role he used is all im saying. I'm not saying it's a multirole Uber weapon, I'm saying it was banned because someone proved they were more than a novelty. That's a dangerous precedent, just how this black aces brace ban is a dangerous precedent.

Original nfa items were only allowed to be regulated because the military said there was no use for them in a militia. Now sbr's are common kit, but still regulated.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "..... shall not be infringed"
    .gov regulating it away
    My gosh, is this really what our country was founded to be? Is this what so many have died for over the years? To have some bureaucrat tell us what plastic piece we can have on our firearm, or how long of a barrel, and/or type of barrel, in combination with overall length.... blah, blah, blah.

Control out side the normal channels of making law. The Alphabet agency. They exist to twist us into submission with no recourse.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory

R U rich or sumtin?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    As long as the mental health focus doesn't get too overwhelming. I can easily see that being a stepping stone. You do something someone doesn't like and you are forced into a mental health evaluation. No problem, unless then it is a strike against you to own firearms.

Great that he isn't aiming at more absurd gun laws tho... for sure.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    This isn’t really something that was initiated at the behest of a Trump directive.

The original atf leak on a brace ban was that an executive directive came down to examine braces. The next day, going by date, they recalled the first with broad terms and demanded a list of 4473s from purchases for further investigation. Pretty convenient eh?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The original atf leak on a brace ban was that an executive directive came down to examine braces. The next day, going by date, they recalled the first with broad terms and demanded a list of 4473s from purchases for further investigation. Pretty convenient eh?
    Don't be ridiculous, 4473's are not there for registration purposes, and apply purple as needed.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Keep reaching. Maybe you’ll get there.

I’m still not seeing any up front push by anyone, including anti-gun zealots, Democrat politicians, the media or even Trump for the wholesale banning of braces any where near the fervor concerning bump stocks. If you are aware of any such widespread examples to the contrary I would be glad to check them out and reconsider my position.

As far as the ATF letter is concerned I think this is as of now confined to a specific issue with the shotgun brace configuration as outlined in the ATF letter. Something in regards to the folding brace configuration on those specific models and their status regarding smoothbore firearms and OAL.

Black Aces Tactical has put out a release with more information about ways in which users can reconfigure their firearms to ensure compliance with the law.

Apparently according to Black Aces Tactical a fixed non folding brace configuration was approved back in 2014 and they recommend that users reconfigure to conform to the 2014 ATF classification decision.

Here's a link to an article on the Recoilweb website that delves into the specific issue. https://www.recoilweb.com/have-a-bl...just-may-have-an-unregistered-aow-152400.html

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not in favor of any sort of arbitrary edict that the atf pulls out of their keisters according to anyone's supposedly rumored directives if indeed that is the case.

We’ll see.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom