Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Cheaper Than Dirt is a sleazy company anyways. Besides the suspension of gun sales, did any of you take note of the price gouging on their site, due to the panic buyers? Same **** they pulled in 08.

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    My question to everyone who is saying boycott ___.

In 3 months when dicks, ctd, etc comes back to the market and is 50 cents cheaper will you remember this boycott? The reason I ask is when obama was elected the first time everyone what screaming "I'll never do business with CTD again after the way they acted" Its funny how quickly folks forget these things.

I haven't been saying boycott but, I have abandoned CTD as a customer because of their stance. Will we remember? I can't say for everyone else but, I remember those gas stations who started gouging customers within minutes of the attacks of 9/11/2001. I pass by them several times a week. In over 11 years I have not spent one red cent at any of them nor have I even graced their doors with my presence.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I don't understand this stuff about rifles. The news post I read said that the guy used two hand guns to do the shooting. The rifle they found in his car. Was that report wrong?

I get better deals from L.G.S. than Dicks so not shopping at Dicks is no big deal. C.T.D. I don't like any way. Haven't gotten any thing from them in years. Will not buy from them again.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I don't understand this stuff about rifles. The news post I read said that the guy used two hand guns to do the shooting. The rifle they found in his car. Was that report wrong?

Yep. Initial reports were wrong. All the victims were shot with .223

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    I dont shop at the other two, but I Cant stop walmart. Where else can i get ammo, lube, rope and Twilight on DVD? Nowhere

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I remember a while back we were talking about Kroger stores. It was mentioned to get everybody's rewards cards and mail them in one box back to the headquarters. Has anybody thought of doind the same with the Dick's "scorecard rewards" cards. I have one I would be willing to send in if we have some other people up for it.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    IF Y O U ARE G O I N G TO BOYCOTT ...

...find the MANAGER, and tell him why. Also tell him that 30,000 other members of this site will A L S O .. B E .. B O Y C O T T I N G HIM.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    You must not have seen my link on page 3 from Fox News Business, they quoted Wal-mart and Dick's. Just because Wal-mart has some left on the shelves does not mean they will continue to restock.

I don't think you read the report very well they did not quote Wal-Mart. It even says Dicks said, blah blah blah and then it goes on to say media reports say Wal-Mart is doing blah blah blah. Notice they didn't say Wal-Mart said anything. They only said media reports. They can't say Wal-Mart said since there wasn't and isn't a Wal-Mart statement. There was a public Dick's statement. Again the media was the source of it's own news which means it is all hear say and means nothing. There is no press release or statement or they would have said Wal-Mart says like the did with Dick's. This is exactly how the media gets stuff started they know what they can and can't do. And to many people fall into the trap. It's like them saying "media statistics show guns kill people" but there is no credit source for the statistics other than the media which can be anyone with a computer these days.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Just got this email from CTD:
    [FONT=&quot]Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]My guess is they either sold out of stock and wanted to try and save face with the liberals or they screwed up by trying to be PC for the Liberals. Either way they screwed the pooch on their public image. I know I won't be buying anything from them in the future.
    Dan[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Top Bottom