Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When can we stop calling them rioters and "protesters?"

This is clearly a terror cell operating in the US at this point:
    bUqabgy.jpg

3 vehicles, illegal fireworks, possible controlled substance, 9 arrested. I’m going to assume that all 9 had the fireworks and suspected controlled substances on their individual persons. If not then either that press release is written really poorly, or I’m confused as to the issue. Detaining then fine, I get that. Outright arrest? I’m gonna need more.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There was a lot more going on than we're aware of, but I don't think your hypothetical situation of a minor being the cause of the problems has much weight.

s89H3tH.jpg

I imagine, like me, you’ve seen more than your fair share of stupid juveniles. I also think, like me, you’ve seen an equal amount of stupid ADULTS with firearms. Yes? It may be hypothetical, but it’s not a stretch of the imagination To dismiss out of hand.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I don’t know what precipitated the encounter, but it is not s stretch to believe that felons would use any excuse they had to try to attack and maybe kill an innocent person. Even if he had been in an earlier altercation with them, so what? He was clearly running from them, and they were clearly chasing him. I don’t think he is a hero, hell he may not even be a decent person, but to me it seems clear that they were chasing him, assaulting him, and he defended himself.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I imagine, like me, you’ve seen more than your fair share of stupid juveniles. I also think, like me, you’ve seen an equal amount of stupid ADULTS with firearms. Yes? It may be hypothetical, but it’s not a stretch of the imagination To dismiss out of hand.

What are the odds of a 17 year old kid from out of state who's a certified EMT worker, treating injured rioters, decided to go looking for trouble?

Much less, that the only people he shot were life long hard felons.

Seems like the cosmos has a sense of humor to me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Btw, the kid has been charged for being a minor in possession of a firearm. I thought it seemed clear, in code, that he shouldn’t have had a weapon.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The kid is considered a fool because what he was “defending” wasn’t his to defend. Don’t get me wrong, the terrorists deserve all the hell they raise. But it needs to be raised by people who live there.

There’s a difference between unable to defend and unwilling. And morally I can not endanger my family or myself for people unwilling to put some skin of their own in the game.

I did my time in uniform. From here on out, I’m only endangering myself for those who love and depend on me or those who need help defending themselves. But doing all the bleeding while they watch from a distance?

Nope.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Yeah. He's going to get convicted of (relatively) minor fire arms charges. Open carry as a minor in WI and maybe unlawful transport of some sort (not sure but figure there's *some* statute.)

There's no way that he gets convicted of murder.

I'm guessing that the the defense shows a big picture of a damned AR and says something like "I'm going to argue, and prove, that this firearm saves my clients life that night."

Btw, the kid has been charged for being a minor in possession of a firearm. I thought it seemed clear, in code, that he shouldn’t have had a weapon.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Hearing the kid will get some pretty good legal counsel.

Reports saying that the lawyer that was counsel for The Covington kid is forming a team looking for dismissal of all charges and willing to do it for free PUBLICITY

FIFY

Funny watching interviews of parents with attorney Ben Crum in background. Watch him dance from side to side behind the parents, making sure he was in the picture frame.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah. He's going to get convicted of (relatively) minor fire arms charges. Open carry as a minor in WI and maybe unlawful transport of some sort (not sure but figure there's *some* statute.)

There's no way that he gets convicted of murder.

I'm guessing that the the defense shows a big picture of a damned AR and says something like "I'm going to argue, and prove, that this firearm saves my clients life that night."

A firearms count was all they could get Goetz on, and it took two tries to do that. Not much sympathy for dirtbags

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    What are the odds of a 17 year old kid from out of state who's a certified EMT worker, treating injured rioters, decided to go looking for trouble?

It could be something as simple as :
    Red shirt was trying to vandalize a vehicle
    Kid challenged red shirt to stop
    Red shirt started the chase

The difference there AIUI is if the kid started a confrontation over PROPERTY he might be culpable for the conflict and it's not self defense to protect property

I hope he's not guilty because he appears to have had good intentions and was misguided in going to this pumpkin protest (my term for what the protests are all turning into at dark)

I hope he lives to be released and thinks a little better of his choices

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I agree that whatever started the altercation is unknown, but I'm not sure how relevant it should be.

The way it looks is that the attackers were trying to kill Rittenhouse. The only way they could be justified in doing so is to be in fear for their lives, and it didn't appear that they were to me.
    Rittenhouse on the other hand did appear to be fearful. Hopefully all of the facts needed will come out in the investigation.

Top Bottom