Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Why is this kid considered foolish instead of Brave? I hear in my circles in on the Forum about people need to start standing up to these folks and if it did exactly that. This kid stood up for things that most of us believe in but don't actively do anything stand up to these thugs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was addressing the wisdom of him being there in the first place, not why he shot people.

As I said earlier, I think he was there foolishly. But he still has a right to be there and has the right to protect himself while there. But it's also unclear if he was legal to have the rifle there on his person being only 17. And that's another "wisdom" issue.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd say that he did help clean up graffiti...that this is the reason he went there to begin with...less clear. Regardless, my point is not that he is an evil person. I've no reason to think that. Rather, he went there armed, it seems, to protect property (a business is property..and it was empty and boarded up). We'll see how this plays out, but it looks like a LARP situation to me.

Didn't work out that well for him...worse for others.

Hands raised if you have grabbed your AR and headed to a town that is not your own to stand guard over store fronts...not people. Why not?

I don't think he was larping. I think he just wanted to help. That doesn't mean that he acted wisely. I don't think he did.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As I said earlier, I think he was there foolishly. But he still has a right to be there and has the right to protect himself while there. But it's also unclear if he was legal to have the rifle there on his person being only 17. And that's another "wisdom" issue.

Sure he has the right to defend himself. The past is the past. The question is what we can learn from this to inform decision making.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why is this kid considered foolish instead of Brave? I hear in my circles in on the Forum about people need to start standing up to these folks and if it did exactly that. This kid stood up for things that most of us believe in but don't actively do anything stand up to these thugs.

I suppose there's a fine line between foolish and brave. I do think he did stand up for what he believed was right and as commendable as that is, a 17 year old kid carrying his rifle across state lines to a riot zone was not wise. I think if his older self by a decade or so were able to come back to this time, he'd probably tell his younger self to sit that one out. One other thing that's definitely worth mentioning on his behalf, notwithstanding whether it was foolish or brave, I have to give him props for putting himself out there to use his medical training to help injured people, regardless of what side they're on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was impressionable (at least to some extent) at 17. Who's to say a bunch of the other guys encouraged him to participate in defending property that night?

That may be the case. It's been posted before but I'll post the link again to the interview where he told the interviewer why he's there. There were other armed people with him, so maybe they said, hey, let's go protect that business.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    That may be the case. It's been posted before but I'll post the link again to the interview where he told the interviewer why he's there. There were other armed people with him, so maybe they said, hey, let's go protect that business.

What i don't get is why he walked away from the property he said he was to protect? The police would not let him return to the property, thus keeping him separated from his group. Bet he was second guessing being there at that point.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    It's about time one of those punks that like to use their skateboards as a bludgeoning weapon paid the price. Take notice.

Here is a different perspective from the Book of Faces. A SJW posted a photo of AR Boy walking down the street and how he had just killed three black people without provocation. I replied with a photo of the Head Kicker and then the Skateboard Beater. Got this response from a SJW who lives in Kenosha.

• Those are people that were trying to stop/restrain him after he shot the first victim in the head.
      The guys in the first pic was unscathed and is lucky to be alive.
      The 2nd guy with the skateboard, Anthony , was a friend of my brother and took one to the chest. He was the 2nd victim.

Sad that someones friend died but Skateboard Beater was attempting to kill AR Boy with headshots, not stop/restrain him.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    What i don't get is why he walked away from the property he said he was to protect? The police would not let him return to the property, thus keeping him separated from his group. Bet he was second guessing being there at that point.

Yeah you can see this at https://youtu.be/EEY5aBPNvIg?t=7135 (he returns at around 1:58:55)

The first shooting happened around 5-6 minutes after the police turned him away.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here is a different perspective from the Book of Faces. A SJW posted a photo of AR Boy walking down the street and how he had just killed three black people without provocation. I replied with a photo of the Head Kicker and then the Skateboard Beater. Got this response from a SJW who lives in Kenosha.

Sad that someones friend died but Skateboard Beater was attempting to kill AR Boy with headshots, not stop/restrain him.

I kinda think SJW FB guy is full of ****.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Um, did they realize that all three that were shot were white and not black?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom