Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I suppose the Philly cops don't have Tasers? ....not that Tasers are necessarily effective with crazy people......

ohboy.gif

They should have shot him in the leg! - biden2020

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why could'nt they just shoot the knife out of his hand? I guess in a way they did. They shot him and he dropped the knife.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I suppose the Philly cops don't have Tasers? ....not that Tasers are necessarily effective with crazy people......
    While not a LEO, my best guess would be that, as I understand it, the deceased was shoot when he was within 10 foot of the officers, and he was advancing on them. The deceased had approached the officers, at speed, with the intention to use lethal force. If the officers had deployed a taser and it had failed to subdue the deceased they were in significant jeopardy of grave bodily harm.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    While not a LEO, my best guess would be that, as I understand it, the deceased was shoot when he was within 10 foot of the officers, and he was advancing on them. The deceased had approached the officers, at speed, with the intention to use lethal force. If the officers had deployed a taser and it had failed to subdue the deceased they were in significant jeopardy of grave bodily harm.

The question as stated wasn't offering up the taser as a better or lesser option it was simply asking do they carry tasers?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So....you don't know the answer and you have to troll. Good for you. Watch your step as you deplane the thread.

They responded to a lethal situation with lethal force. Pretty basic.

Tasers are compliance devices, they have their place but this isn't it.

Better?

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    The discussion about using a Taser on the crazed individual approaching officers with a knife while disregarding clear verbal commands.... That is, IMO, akin to the "shoot him in the leg" suggestions (made, of course, by esteemed former senators and vice presidents, and NOT INGO members).

Everyone who has seen two episodes of Law and Order and at least one episode of TJ Hooker is suddenly an expert on police procedure. Voila! (Again, not directed at INGO members.)

It is easy for these self-appointed law enforcement "experts" to second guess the officers in the street dealing with the mentally ill person lunging with the knife.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The discussion about using a Taser on the crazed individual approaching officers with a knife while disregarding clear verbal commands.... That is, IMO, akin to the "shoot him in the leg" suggestions (made, of course, by esteemed former senators and vice presidents, and NOT INGO members).

Everyone who has seen two episodes of Law and Order and at least one episode of TJ Hooker is suddenly an expert on police procedure. Voila! (Again, not directed at INGO members.)

It is easy for these self-appointed law enforcement "experts" to second guess the officers in the street dealing with the mentally ill person lunging with the knife.

I think you guys are acting as the experts. Anwer the straightforward question....or not.

The question as stated wasn't offering up the taser as a better or lesser option it was simply asking do they carry tasers?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I guess all the excessive force lawsuits in Philadelphia concerning tasers are just fictitious then.

Can't shoot them, can't taser them... harsh words maybe? Nah.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks. It's paywalled, so I can't read it.

I looked at the fotos and videos of the incident and don't know enough about what is hanging on their belts.

I would help but I am on my phone right now...you know what that means

Top Bottom