Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I would help but I am on my phone right now...you know what that means

That's OK. I found quite a bit of information on the Philly police dept's guidelines and regs on tasers and other uses of force with various "tools".

Plus, it looks like Philly has a pretty low probability of shooting anyone (according to the chart I posted).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The question as stated wasn't offering up the taser as a better or lesser option it was simply asking do they carry tasers?

Is your browser broken somehow? Did Google suspend your search privileges? You're receiving snark because nobody, except maybe jamil, wants to play Socratic Method or FosAlpo debate Club

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Is your browser broken somehow? Did Google suspend your search privileges? You're receiving snark because nobody, except maybe jamil, wants to play Socratic Method or FosAlpo debate Club

As long as I can get you to respond, I consider my day on INGO a success!

SENT FROM MY PHONE

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Then you certainly didn't need to pop in and kibbitz. But....I know. The urge to upbraid is strong in this one.....

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    story.jpg

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...ace-jr-did-not-have-tasers-city-says/2575305/

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you guys are acting as the experts. Anwer the straightforward question....or not.

I don't know if they do or not, but if they don't, it doesn't matter in this situation. I think in these shootings, rather than people going nuts and rioting, the rational question would be, did the officers follow protocol? If they did not, then subject them to whatever disciplinary action is appropriate at that point. If they did follow protocal, any pubic discussion about the officers themselves is pretty much concluded. So from there it would be fair to ask if the protocols are correct, or do they need tweaking?

But that's not happening because the unrest isn't about solving these kinds of problems. The problem that they're trying to solve doesn't actually exist. It's ideological.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I suppose the Philly cops don't have Tasers? ....not that Tasers are necessarily effective with crazy people......

I don't think I would ever bring a Taser to a knife fight. If someone threatens me with a knife, I'm not letting him within 21 feet of me, nor relying on the stopping power of a Taser to keep him outside of that Teuller drill distance.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thanks. It's paywalled, so I can't read it.

I looked at the fotos and videos of the incident and don't know enough about what is hanging on their belts.

If you're fast, some of the pay walls I've found aren't well written. You can hit the "reader view" which strips out the javascript and a lot of formatting, and the article is readable.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I looked at the fotos and videos. I didn't see tasers on their belts. So I asked if Philly had tasers.

The answers that came back varied, but finally got a good answer out of Route45 (thank you) and a followup that said: Yes, the city has them. These guys did not.

Simple answer to a simple question.

If you think that is a non-sequitur, Trump must drive you batty. :)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Awaiting the snarky comments from the usual subjects..............

The question we should be asking is if the dead perp KNEW they didn't have tasers before he charged at them with a knife.

(you decide the seriousness of that question)

Top Bottom