• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    “Can you see anything?” asked Lord Carnarvon, his financial backer, standing behind him. After what seemed like an interminable silence, Carter replied: “I see wonderful things, I see wonderful things”

PeterAR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    I used to drive more than two hours to North Vernon to shoot because I didn't like Attebury (at the time). Wow, the new range will only be a couple miles from my house.

1. Indoors - check. Shoot anytime even if the weather's bad.
    2. They will allow rifles - check. Most ranges only allow pistol.
    3. Two miles away - check.
    WIN!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    i didnt say 100% of the police have ranges. they can use each others. plus some even have FOP ranges. I was a member and used one of them a long time ago.
    sounds like they need to lobby their respective cities for some cash. all police departments (maybe not university police) should have ranges in my opinion. It should be paid for with tax money. as far as police departments being big Money spenders,,,, that can be true, if you wanna wait 6 months to get paid. we all know how long it can take to get all your money from a department purchase.

I was just stating suggestions and such like was asked for. if you dont agree then its cool. its not even our shop. Im sure Greg is a smart businessman, and will make the right choice. Im just thrilled to be able to shoot and buy at the same good place, and at a place i wont be smerked at because im not a cop. if you are a non-LEO and you walk into POPs, then you already have one strike against you. they are as friendly as corpses in there. The biggest thing i ask if for a friendly and fair staff to ALL customers. they already are now, so im sure this wont be an issue.
    if you need a hug Indy317 i'll give you one

Surprisingly enough (NOT!) departmental politics plays a role in deciding which range departmental training will be conducted on. When I worked for Emergency Management, IPD and MSCD conducted joint training at Eagle Creek, which has awesome facilities for tactical training. A couple years after the Sheriff changed, MCSD was no longer conducting training at Eagle Creek; they were training at the ISP facility at Pendleton. After a bit, they came back to Eagle Creek; now they're back up at Pendleton.

Of course, after the current Sheriff took over, he wanted a helicopter all of his own, too, just like IMPD. Politics...

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Just saw this thread....fantastic news, and congrats to the entire BGF staff who have worked hard to treat customers well.

The only item I saw missing from the "suggestion" list....is make sure the distances on the range are well marked. So many ranges I have been to have poor distance markings, some with just a spot of spray paint on the wall and you have to guess the distance and if your target is in line with the paint blob.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    This is really awesome news.. good luck to everyone at BGF!

I wish you all well.. you guys have great customer service down to a science in my opinion!

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    So when does this range open?

Also, Plainfield Shooting Sports is going to be breaking ground soon on development of a range (sitting on 131 acres) somewhere west of Greencastle. Will have ranges for pistol, rifle, trap, skeet and opening later this year.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Great to hear!!!

I've been in B.G. Guns a couple times, and have never heard anything bad about them.
    It's great to not only see a good local business doing well,but to hear that we will finally be getting an indoor range, close to home again.

It's been a drag since Don closed. God bless the clerks family ( sorry, I don't remember his name).

Hopefully the prices will be reasonable, I'm sure it will be a success!

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Thats great!!

Greg I live right next to ya there in the Grove you need help over there for anything give me a PM.

wouldn't take but 3 minutes to get there.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    It's no secret that Greg and I are good friends even though we are "competitors" but I have the go ahead to let the cat out of the bag.

In about 4 weeks Beech Grove Firearms will be starting construction of a new store at 3020 South Emerson (in the old flooring store) in Beech Grove.

The store will be roughly 17,000sq feet and will include the following: 4x more retail room, a 25-30 bay indoor shooting range (up to .30 caliber rifle), a 70 car parking lot (no more looking for a spot on main street!), plus much more behind the scene stuff that will improve customer service.

From what I can gather, this will be the largest public indoor shooting range in Indiana!!!! The options for leagues and training ect. are endless!!!

I am sure this was a big investment for Greg, so let's wish him luck!!!
    Build one here in Southern Indiana, we need some competition for Orion Arms!!!!

Top Bottom