Best way to wear but hide a handgun while wearing a shirt & tie?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Super Trucker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    In front of you
    If you don't wear skin tight cloths you can conceal a full size gun on your waist with a good quality belt and holster. A J-Frame in your pocket is also a good option.
    Remember if they are not "gun people" they most likely will not notice anything. If they do ask tell them it is a colostomy bag that you are really self conscious of, it should get the subject changed quickly.

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    Sneaky pete holsters if your carry a .380. Looks like a cell phone holder. Comfortable, not awkward. Stylish, non threatening. Put your cell in your pocket.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    SmartCarry.

Is that a gun in your pants or....

In certain situations the smartcarry works. Slide it to either the right or left under the pocket. Think of it as inside the pants pocket carry. You do give up some speed as the draw is not as fast as the manufacturer would lead you to believe. A revolver hangs up on the back of the cylinder. A single stack auto will work as well but I would want to have a safety. The Glock 26 is too think. Truth be told there is less muzzling of the fun parts then "Junk Carry" which is all the rage right now. The gun is actually pointed away from you when seated, like pocket carry. Bonus is the strap low under the belt line keeps your shirt tucked in.

IMG_0042_zpsxjyhup84.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Another vote for Crossbreed.

I routinely carry one just about every day - either a compact or a FS .45. Plus, their customer service is top notch.

Do you have to open your fly to get to your gun with smart carry? How do you engage while trying to hold up your pants? :dunno:
    And what if you wear your pants around your thighs like the guy I saw disregarding the "12 items or fewer" at Meijer?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Another vote for Crossbreed.

I routinely carry one just about every day - either a compact or a FS .45. Plus, their customer service is top notch.

Do you have to open your fly to get to your gun with smart carry? How do you engage while trying to hold up your pants? :dunno:
    And what if you wear your pants around your thighs like the guy I saw disregarding the "12 items or fewer" at Meijer?

I don't have Smart Carry but I do have Thunderwear that I use often with my LCP.

Most of the time, I wear it at home with sweatpants or gym shorts. It's a 2-handed draw but I just use the left hand to lift the waistband out and then I can draw with the right. I've occasionally used it with jeans and a belt. As long as the jeans aren't too tight, you can draw the same way. Just pull the waistband out enough to slip your right hand to the gun.

It's certainly not as quick as a quality OWB or IWB holster, but it's an option.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Use your weak hand and pull your belt away from your waist. Access it with your strong hand. I can access it just as quick as iwb carry with a tucked in shirt.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Use your weak hand and pull your belt away from your waist. Access it with your strong hand. I can access it just as quick as iwb carry with a tucked in shirt.
    You're belt must be a lot looser than mine...

I suppose that thing would be good for the sweatpants / work clothes in public crowd.

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    It seems like most people who have carried for a long period of time wind up have a drawer full of holsters that did not work. Every new holster looks like it will be the perfect solution, and then after you get one, it becomes clear that the problem still is not solved. I think that if a carry system is inconvenient, uncomfortable, or slow to put on, most people will simply not use it over time. I have heard the quote that a gun is supposed to be comforting not comfortable, and that sounds great in the break room at some high end training school. In real life, uncomfortable methods get discarded. While it is not perfect, I have found that pocket carry is simple, convenient and works in most environments. The 2 biggest downsides I can think of are the inability to draw from a seated position and the fact that you are limited to smaller firearms. Of course, pocket carry is unsafe if a person is not committed to leaving the gun pocket free of all other items. A good pocket holster that covers the trigger is essential.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Deep concealment is a compromise.
    small handguns are a compromise.
    Most comfortable, safe and convenient way to carry a gun is in a quality belt mounted holster. But that may or may not be an option for some people.

Top Bottom