Best way to wear but hide a handgun while wearing a shirt & tie?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a young dude, but I long for the old days.

redcloak.jpg

End of "how do I conceal...." questions. Might be a bit warm, though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    OP: Are you open to buying a new pistol? If so, consider pocket carrying a Sig 938 or something similar. It's not a cheap gun, but it does afford the ability to pocket carry a 9mm pistil that's shootable. There are a bunch of small 9mm pistols out there, but the 938 is one of the few I've seen so far that works well for pocket carry. It's also a very easy gun to shoot, unlike a lot of other 9mm pistols in that size range. Pocket carry in a good pocket holster is one of the few deep concealment methods that allows fast access to the pistol. In some cases, it's faster to access pocket carry than it is to access OWB carry. With pocket carry, you can establish a firing grip on the pistol while it's still concealed. That's become my go to method of deep concealment for gun unfriendly places.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I kept my model 66 in my briefcase for years. I would ankle carry the 442 in a Galco Ankle Glove now in that situation.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Galco ankle holster and mustang pocketlite in it was how I rolled. Glock in the brief case, then laptop case after them fancy puter's took over.

Regardless of gun choice, if you go ankle, go Galco.

The mustang was light enough I could even carry it in my suit coat in the inside pocket. So if it was 10pm and I was heading for the elevator I could move mustang to my coat. I traveled and worked in regional offices a lot so office buildings, parking garages, hotels and of course driving. I STOPPED going inside any gas station anywhere after dark.

Frankly I saw it all and the two biggest risks were always the hotel or on the road. Over time I saw **** in every scenario. That affected my choice in vehicles and clothing too.

Some day I am going to walk in to a meeting wearing a cape over a kilt and 511 vest. Maybe when I am older and they try to stick me in a home I will pull this...............oh maybe an eye patch.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    How do you like the crossbreed? I have been looking at them or the Alien.....the Alien is half the cost roughly.

I've been happy with my aliengear holsters....I've had the original leather/kydex hybrid, and the 2.0 and like them both. I'd recommend the 3.0 over the 2.0 because instead of a metal core in the 2.0 there's a plastic one and its not as sturdy as the one in the 3.0.

I'm satisfied with it for the price I paid.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I hated the Crossbreed. I found it uncomfortable and I didn't like the clips. Scratched some chair backs with them.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    How do you like the crossbreed? I have been looking at them or the Alien.....the Alien is half the cost roughly.

You can go to the crossbreed seconds website site and get one for roughly the same price as an alien gear. I bought an excellent quality and couldn't tell anything wrong with it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You can go to the crossbreed seconds website site and get one for roughly the same price as an alien gear. I bought an excellent quality and couldn't tell anything wrong with it.

Yep, definitely check the seconds site, and look there often if they don't have exactly what you want the first time you check it.

Also, Galco's King Tuk is an excellent IWB hybrid as well. I like mine better than the Crossbreed, but picked up a Crossbreed mini tuck for my Glock 43 as Galco does not currently have a King Tuk specifically for the 43.

A good belt is a must as well. The Daltech Force Super Biobelt (I have the black one) works well for a dress belt and as a gun belt.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I would also vote for pocket carry. It limits your choice of weapon dramatically, but it is convenient enough that (1) you will always actually carry and (2) you can access it quickly if needed.

Top Bottom