Best truck for the collapse of civilization?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    dsc_0003.jpg
    BBI has the right idea. Propulsion system makes more propulsion systems naturally. If the wagon breaks , you can ride the motor. When the old motor dies you can cut the casing off and make more motor mounts and eat the rest of the engine, make glue, or feed it to the bacon machines. You only need hand tools to maintain the wagons. Should I go on?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    My 2001 Tundra is a boring reliable a great knock around fishing, scrap hauling, firewood truck.

My vote goes with the pre turbo 6.9, 7.3 I had a 1986 that had a 4 speed granny transmission. Dead reliable and would claw its way out most anything off road with a full load of firewood.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He would not get the word “I” before someone would canoe his head.

It's interesting how naïve a lot folks are when it comes unrest isn't it? Otherwise intelligent people that think their plan is a good one because it's what they thought up?

Kinda like those who's SHTF "get home" plan consist of looting their way home.

:n00b:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It's interesting how naïve a lot folks are when it comes unrest isn't it? Otherwise intelligent people that think their plan is a good one because it's what they thought up?

Kinda like those who's SHTF "get home" plan consist of looting their way home.

:n00b:
    wait, that was an option?

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    4x4 4.9 4 speed Ford. Carbed. With a transfer tank and good tires. Very capable, doesn't draw attention. Diesel engines have some benefits mechanically but they're heavy off road.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    4x4 4.9 4 speed Ford. Carbed. With a transfer tank and good tires. Very capable, doesn't draw attention. Diesel engines have some benefits mechanically but they're heavy off road.
    Right idea, wrong make, and no, not a fan boy post, the GM small block is probably the single most prolific and durable engine ever, parts are literally just laying on the ground in every community…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Right idea, wrong make, and no, not a fan boy post, the GM small block is probably the single most prolific and durable engine ever, parts are literally just laying on the ground in every community…
    See if you can make that small block chevy run on kerosene, motor oil, cooking oil and endless amounts of other fuels that will combust in a injector pump diesel.
    It will be tough to get gasoline when the refinery's have shut down.

Reactions: Mij

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    See if you can make that small block chevy run on kerosene, motor oil, cooking oil and endless amounts of other fuels that will combust in a injector pump diesel.
    It will be tough to get gasoline when the refinery's have shut down.
    Everything has a pro or a con. I think a pro of the small block is easy parts. You think multiple sources of fuel is a pro. Mij thinks he is going to raise corn for ethanol. Some want a monster truck others a gray man vehicle. A case can be made for or against any of these.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Everything has a pro or a con. I think a pro of the small block is easy parts. You think multiple sources of fuel is a pro.
    Who would give a poop about parts when your ride is dead with the lack of fuel.
    You honestly believe that having a vehicle an engine that can burn dozens and dozens of different fuels versus an engine that can only burn gasoline isn't a pro...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Who would give a poop about parts when your ride is dead with the lack of fuel.
    You honestly believe that having a vehicle an engine that can burn dozens and dozens of different fuels versus an engine that can only burn gasoline isn't a pro...
    Nope. I said “everything has a pro and con, multiple fuel sources are definitely a pro. The variables of SHTF or EOTWAWKI make it impossible to answer the OP’s question.

Top Bottom