• ...and so much more!
  • Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    Hey,

I'm looking to make a new purchase next week. The problem is because I'm new to the area, I dont know what shops are better to purchase at.
    I'm in the MCCORDSVILLE area but dont mind traveling a bit to a good shop. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Edit* Wrong forum. Can a mod move this to General Firearms please

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That is Bob's place. If you liked your guns slow smoked its a nice place.

Agreed. I went one time when powder was tough to find. The place smells funny, the customer service was iffy, and the revolvers were all zip tied shut. If I can't finger and dry fire, I might as well buy online and save the dough.

Beech Grove Firearms is probably the best overall, reasonable pricing, good selection, customer service is good and MILES ahead of where they used to be. I've not been to Bradis. They used to have a "no loaded guns" sign so I wrote them off early on. My understanding is it's gone now, but I'm already set in my habits of where I go and haven't bothered to check them out.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Bob's if you can handle the smoke and his singing.

IMO, there's no better shop around than USDS.

Bradis can be ok if you get the right person... I've found more miss than hit there the past few years and no longer consider them worth checking out.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Agreed. I went one time when powder was tough to find. The place smells funny, the customer service was iffy, and the revolvers were all zip tied shut. If I can't finger and dry fire, I might as well buy online and save the dough.

Beech Grove Firearms is probably the best overall, reasonable pricing, good selection, customer service is good and MILES ahead of where they used to be. I've not been to Bradis. They used to have a "no loaded guns" sign so I wrote them off early on. My understanding is it's gone now, but I'm already set in my habits of where I go and haven't bothered to check them out.

Last time I was in Bob's place (years ago now) he had a standard Springfield TRP in stock and I heard the salesman tell a customer, that was the gun the FBI carries, with no MIM parts, and that Springfield's testing of this model was a rigorous torture test of thousands of rounds fired and throws against a concrete block wall, and being run over by a Humvee. I chuckled and walked out after hearing this same spiel from another salesman about a Daniels Defense AR they had.

BGF was a nice shop when I went there, Before the fire. I'm sure it still is a heck of a place but to far of a drive for me.

Bradis never really enforced the no loaded guns sign. Except one really over zealous employee I've heard rumor of. It was really meant to keep people from walking in with guns to trade with one in the pipe. I've personally never had a bad experience at Bradis in all the years I've been going there. Hell I remember going there with my dad before I was even tall enough to see over the counter. Maybe nostalgia has me biased but I really enjoy Bradis and the people there.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    IMO, there's no better shop around than USDS.

Bradis can be ok if you get the right person... I've found more miss than hit there the past few years and no longer consider them worth checking out.

USDS is a cool little shop. What they lack in selection they make up for with good prices and good people.

Still not understanding the Bradis hate though. Mark, Dave..... The short dude with a goatee who's name I can never remember, Sorry bro, Angie. All awesome people.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    +1 USDS...they can order a lot of things if they don't have it in stock. Also a 50% down layaway program. Will occasionally haggle for cash sales. $15 transfer is king.

+1 Beech Grove Firearms.

Last edited:

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    Best advice that can be given is to develop a relationship with a single LGS, for obvious reasons. With that said, TIMS SHOOTING ACADEMY ALWAYS gives me the lowest price followed by Plainfied Shooting Supplies. USDS has the best selection of aftermarket supplies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    What are you looking for? Do you require new? Rumor has it INGO has a classifieds section...sometimes you can find what you're looking for in there...and even stuff you didn't know you wanted.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    There is a small shop in Westfield that seems ok. It's a small shop though, not a ton of inventory but the one time I was in there they were very nice and helpful. It's Marksmen shooting sports.

Another good shop is the Outdoorsman, but I've only dealt with Mark down there and he usually helps me out quite a bit.

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    What are you looking for? Do you require new? Rumor has it INGO has a classifieds section...sometimes you can find what you're looking for in there...and even stuff you didn't know you wanted.

I'm looking to purchase new, which is why I did not go to the Classifieds

Top Bottom