• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    If I'm not mistaken, I think that all the pieces have to be manufactured in state from steel made from iron that was mined in state, and possibly even with tools made in-state.

Note that I do not agree with this interpretation, I am simply of the belief that it is what is currently in use by our country's government.

Blessings,
    Bill

Don't confuse me with the facts. I am happy just dreaming...

In the real world, you would also need a state government with guts and an understanding of their own place and power before the behemoth of the federal government.

So, yeah, dreaming.

triharley

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    St. Anthony, IN
    +1 for the clean look. logo are nice but when you want to build something for yourself its nice to have a clean slate.

on a side note does this manufacturer plan on expanding to the ar 10 line in the future?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well this image appears to be an aluminum forging. If the forge is here in Indiana and the machine shop is here in Indiana, then this qualifies as a "gun" under the BATFE rules:
    picture.php

So of this is a gun and we assemble the other parts . . . hmmm.

But as for this gun, is there anyone who sees something special about it because it looks like a typical AR15 lower to me. Am I missing something? If it is in spec, and if the finish is good, then what makes it special other than it comes from Indiana? :dunno:

First, re: my quote, it's not "states' "rights"" that I consider to be at issue. The 10A states, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the
    Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the
    States respectively, or to the people." No "rights" involved, and as I see it, no powers at issue either: Control of any personal weapon (arm) is categorically denied in the 2A: "...The right of the people...shall not be infringed."

Thus, we are discussing individual (the only kind of) rights and usurpment of authority by the fedgov.

As to the OP and your reply, I see nothing about this lower with the exception of the fact that there is no visible engraving on the lower.

No disrespect intended here, Melensdad, I just wanted to clarify the incorrect info you (inadvertently) posted.

Blessings,
    Bill

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    First, re: my quote, it's not "states' "rights"" that I consider to be at issue. The 10A states, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the
    Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the
    States respectively, or to the people." No "rights" involved, and as I see it, no powers at issue either: Control of any personal weapon (arm) is categorically denied in the 2A: "...The right of the people...shall not be infringed."

Thus, we are discussing individual (the only kind of) rights and usurpment of authority by the fedgov.
    Points taken but in the most generic terms, the 10th A, to which you did refer, is generally called the states rights amendment. I was simply referring to it in general terms. That being that I was affirming your point that there is no federal authority if the state of Indiana were to ratify a gun law claiming state's right authority (which does NOT require the state to regulate anything) by claiming an exemption to the 'commerce clause' as Wyoming, Texas and Tennessee have, to varying degrees, done. I think it boils down to the fact that you and I are probably in agreement but arguing terminology.

As to the OP and your reply, I see nothing about this lower with the exception of the fact that there is no visible engraving on the lower.
    Just a guess but if you flip that receiver over there will be engravings. Take a look at many brands of ARs, you will find many have 1 blank side, but the law requires, if I understand it correctly, a serial number, a manufacturers name and a location. Those would likely be on the other side of this gun.

No disrespect intended here, Melensdad, I just wanted to clarify the incorrect info you (inadvertently) posted.
    None taken.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    machining lowers

What makes any lower different than another? Why is there a price spread of $50 or more between some stripped lowers? Are the manufactures and middlemen ripping people off or are some actually worth more than others? For them to meet Mil Specs they have to look a certain way and match specific dimensional requirements. Differences are in materials, the tolerances held in the machining and in the final surface finish.

If people are on the outer limits of tolerances you can have a build up from part to part during assembly resulting in poor fits while still being within the tolerance of the individual parts. Starting out with a very accurately machined lower takes part of that fudge factor out of the equation.

I have forty-three years in manufacturing and have managed several mold builders and tooling shops requiring me to purchase millions of dollars in machining so I know all machining is not the same. I also know you usually get what you pay for and that will never change.

alhersch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    I do believe i've seen these lowers already. I have a buddy that has messed with/ tested some of these lowers. And is selling them for the guy that makes them. But for the life of me I cannot remember his name!!!!! I'll have to call my buddy and ask him again.

Al

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Ready to spill the beans

Here is where this company is located:
    picture.php

The reason I started this thread as I did was to see if anyone has heard of this manufacture which does not seem to be the case. Please keep in mind this company is a MANUFACTURER and does not sell to the public so please don't try to contact them to buy direct.

I believe this can be a good deal for Indiana residents by having a local quality supplier of lowers at compeditive prices. Pricing is based upon quantity of parts purchased and will be very attractive to gun owners. Each lower comes in their own plastic box, not wrapped in bubble wrap or a cardboard box. This little touch comes at almost no additional cost due to this companies capabilities to do many different processes in house.

Again I will learn more once I get my tour and meeting with the people I have been talking with on the phone and will have detailed process information for everyone. The little I already heard has shown me that they are targeting quality first.

I have two early production parts on my desk and they look very nice. Sorry for the little game playing but I wanted to know if any member had an idea who this local manufacturer was and that does not seem to be the case. I guess the cat is now out of the bag.

picture.php

picture.php

Each lower comes in its own protective case to protect the surface finish.

picture.php

This one has their company logo on it but they can do special laser etching for private labeling.

picture.php

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Hasn't anyone here heard of REO Engineering out of Galveston, IN making billet AR15 receivers? Roby's Bullseye on US-31 had one out on display last time I was in there. Here is a link to one on Gunbroker:

AR15 BILLET AL. Receiver By REO Engineering : for AR-15 at GunBroker.com

I ain't too shy to drop a name.

Nothing to do with being shy, read my post before making comments. So you think this price is compeditive? $230.00?????

Current Bid $0.00 Reserve Not Met Started at $0.01 BuyNow! Price was $230.00

Top Bottom