• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I was with the 2nd AD (FWD) at Garlstedt...I caught that concert as well!

My favorite tho was Meatloaf at Deer Creek some years back...
    I was at Baumholder but TDY in Graf. Did you ever go to the Green Goose or the Rock House? great metal bars, they don't have em like that in Indy.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Deep Purpleat the Coliseum,1974
    ANY yes concert.
    Emerson,Lake, and Palmer,again at the Coliseum,1977 I think. They had a 40 piece orchestra, AMAZING!!! Best drum solo I've ever seen!
    My first concert was"pretty good", Jimi Hendrix,1968(or'69) second one was The Birds and Steppenwolf Oh yeah King Crimson,1970 or '71was "far out" I'm so old most of the greats I've seen were at the acoustically horrible Coliseum. Nowadays I've become allergic to crowds of 10,000-50,000 people

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    1. Pink Floyd - RCA Dome- '94, 40rows back on the floor... full onslaught on the sences.... if they ever tour in any form again, I will be there.
    2. Rob Zombie - Louisville - '09, another sencory overload, I love shows that take on audio and visual...
    3. Stone Temple Pilots - Elliott Hall (W.Laff.) - '96? as son as the show started Scott Weiland told everyone to come down and crowd the stage...
    4. Ministry - Murat - '95 Excellent show by one of the creators of Industrial rock
    5. Janes Addiction/NIN (NINJA show) - Verizon - '09 NIN was a huge letdown, Janes was all I expected and ten times more.. Had it not been for NIN, this show would probably be top 3.

The rest
    Metallica - Conseco - '09, Contrary to the masses, I though this show sucked, mainly due to the venus (the sound was nothing but noise)_
    AC/DC - Conseco - '08, Again, had high hopes, but the sound was auful... I will no longer see any concerts at conseco
    ZZTOP, Kid Rock, Van Halen, ...\

Just bought tix to the Mayhem Fest this summer (Korn and Rob Zombie), looking forward to it.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Best concert for me was Steely Dan during the 2 Against Nature tour. Saw them up at Auburn Hills, Mi. Cleanest and most precise band I've ever seen, or heard.

I was actually a "roadie for the day" for 38 Special after winning a radio contest. It was during their Strength in Numbers tour around '86 or so. All access passes, sound check, the whole business. I didn't really do any roadie work, they didn't need me in their way. I hung out with some cute catering chicks though. :D

Sorry guys, I have to disagree about drummers. For my money it's Tommy Aldridge from Black Oak Arkansas. Corky Laing from Mountain is there as well.

I saw Santana ,Jeff Beck, and Mason Ruffner in Austin around 1994. Great guitarists every one. Makes it look so easy.

As for comedians, I saw Sam Kinison back in about '88. Very funny!

IndyRob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Noblesville Area
    Iron Maiden Rock in Rio 2001 No other show I've been to even comes close

Raven Rock & Wrestling Aragon Brawlroom Chicago This was supposed to be Professional Wrestlers having matches between sets, needless to say the Wrestling part got cancelled very fast:rockwoot:
    Honorable Mentions

David Lee Roth, Cinderella, Extreme 1995 World Music Center Tinley Park Il (Yes this was the pissing demon show)
    Krokus 1983 Chicagofest
    Van Halen 2007 Conseco Fieldhouse
    Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Halford 2000 UIC Pavillion Chicago
    Black Sabbath Heaven & Hell 1981 Alpine Valley Wisconsin
    Huey Lewis & The News 4 Chords Video Taping @ WTTW in Chicago (Two nights of free concert performances videotaped for PBS)
    Count Basie Orchestra Evergreen Plaza Chicago

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Best concert for me was Steely Dan during the 2 Against Nature tour. Saw them up at Auburn Hills, Mi. Cleanest and most precise band I've ever seen, or heard.

I was actually a "roadie for the day" for 38 Special after winning a radio contest. It was during their Strength in Numbers tour around '86 or so. All access passes, sound check, the whole business. I didn't really do any roadie work, they didn't need me in their way. I hung out with some cute catering chicks though. :D

Sorry guys, I have to disagree about drummers. For my money it's Tommy Aldridge from Black Oak Arkansas. Corky Laing from Mountain is there as well.

I saw Santana ,Jeff Beck, and Mason Ruffner in Austin around 1994. Great guitarists every one. Makes it look so easy.

As for comedians, I saw Sam Kinison back in about '88. Very funny!

I agree, Tommy Aldridge is the best hard rock, heavy metal drummer,Carl Palmer is as good as Buddy Rich was, unbelievable hand speed.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    My best (and first) concert was in 2001, during Tool's Lataralus tour.

EPIC WIN!

TOOL is the one group that I won't feel complete until I see live. I have always been a huge fan of Maynard's in all forms...his lyricism, his powerful voice, his symbolism...all incredible. And their music on a technical level as well as just a soul-stirring journey through changes in their sound...:rockwoot:

The Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon concert in '06 was great.

zoom.gif

I was going to say something about the Dead but I was afraid of being labelled a dirty hippie! :laugh: I've seen Phil Lesh twice, and saw The Dead at Rothbury this last summer...all times great. My name is kind of a reference...ya know, terrapin/turtle. Terrapin Station is probably my favorite GD song. I'm too young to have seen any of Jerry's final shows which is unfortunate but his legacy lives on.

Nice.....are you a taper?

GT, you ever checked out Internet Archive: Free Movies, Music, Books & Wayback Machine ? They have a ton of Dead/Phish/Jam live sets.

ETA - wow, I never would have expected to find so many Grateful Dead fans on a gun owner's forum.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I am a gun toting, deer hunting dead head.

I was a taper but have got out of the scene since I have kids. I have two girls the oldest is named "Cassidy" and I wanted to name the second one "Bertha" but the wife voted that name.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    There is something about country concerts that I love. Just the environment, the crowd, the tailgating. even though I am not a big fan of Kenny Chesney, his concerts are excellent, and he normally has some excellent openers.

I prefer outdoor venues / lawn seats, but last summer's Chesney concert at Lucas Oil was alot of fun.

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Have several that stick out of the 100s I have been to.

Metallica/WASP/Armored Saint - Sherwood Country Club in Indianapolis, January 1985

Red Hot Chili Peppers/Smashing Pumpkins/Pearl Jam at the Indianapolis Convention Center, 1991.

Still havent caught Rush live yet, this may be the year with them playing Moving Pictures in its entirety.

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Would love to check out a show there. Awesome set up. Seems like every show there would be kicked up another notch just by the location.

Had a chance of seeing The Cure play a castle when I was in Germany but didnt happen as my German girlfriend wasnt a fan and let it be known she would not be happy with me attending. Should have known then to kick her to the curb!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Have several that stick out of the 100s I have been to.

Metallica/WASP/Armored Saint - Sherwood Country Club in Indianapolis, January 1985

Red Hot Chili Peppers/Smashing Pumpkins/Pearl Jam at the Indianapolis Convention Center, 1991.

Still havent caught Rush live yet, this may be the year with them playing Moving Pictures in its entirety.

The Sherwood Club! I was there almost every weekend back in the day..

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    That was the one and only time I ever made it there. Cool to remember a show at such a small place of a band that went on to become one of, if not THE, biggest bands on the planet.

Top Bottom