• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I usualy buy my rare stuff in Chicago. I'm sure they have weller but I've never asked. Always tried to find it at the mom and pop stores. But I've looked In Kentucky, all over southern Indiana and central.
    I guess I need to grease some palms. I dont drink enough to form a relationship. I buy afew rare or good bottles here and there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I usualy buy my rare stuff in Chicago. I'm sure they have weller but I've never asked. Always tried to find it at the mom and pop stores. But I've looked In Kentucky, all over southern Indiana and central.
    I guess I need to grease some palms. I dont drink enough to form a relationship. I buy afew rare or good bottles here and there.

Do you buy bags of ICE for picnics? Buy them at your favored liquor store. What about soda? Buy it at your favored liquor store. They sell more than bourbon!

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Okay, I just added one to my Never Buy Again list.

OLD BARDSTOWN - Williet Distilleries
    Bottled in Bond - 100 proof

The smell of alcohol is strong and overpowers any other characteristics of this bourbon.
    I tried this one neat, with ice, diluted with water and mixed with ginger ale. Nothing I did enhanced the experience. This is a drink to get drunk liquor. It is a less than $20 bourbon. However, I have tasted better less than $10 bourbons.

The ironic thing is that it did not burn on the way down. No real identifiable flavors. If you did the Kentucky chew, the alcohol was overpowering and caused me to choke on it.

I tasted this with my brother and brother-in-law and they had the same reaction.

Not sure I would serve this to my mother-in-law or my worst enemy.

Thankfully, the bottle is empty and no longer taking up space in the liquor cabinet.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Is the bottled in bond still a KY only release?

I had a bottle once, it was....okay....Tasted a little like Williet Potstill to me, or at least smelled like it. Wasn't nothing to write home about like a great value bourbon (Heaven Hill BIB, may it RIP)

A BIB to never buy, is Flatboat. It's a private label for Liquor Barn. You pop it open and it tastes......okay. Let it sit for a week and it was painful to finish cause the smell and taste was of bananas

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got back from my local store. I told them I'm down to my last bottle of Blanton's. She said the supply problems for Weller and Blanton's are still going on. They put in for both each order weekly. Basically, when their order comes in every week, they don't know if they are getting either or any until hey open it.
    They did have 2 bottles of Ocean 14, but I opted for a bottle of Willet.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Stopped at my local liquor store today...Picking up a bottle of my go to cheap bourbon Zacharia Harris...The lady that owns the place sees me, grins and shouts, "I've got something I've been holding for you..."

And hands me a bottle of Wellers...She also took down the shop phone number and said she will call me when she gets some more in...She usually gets 2-3 bottle a month....

[video=youtube;LEZtII8rt_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZtII8rt_Y&t=37s[/video]

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area

Most of my higher end bourbons I find on "Bourbon Secondary Market - BSM" on Facebook. It's obviously there's some mark up a majority of the time but it's a really good group of people. I haven't had a bad deal on there yet. Some bottles you can get for a steal, others people are asking way too much for but such is the market. Last bottle I bought off there was a 750ml of Weller 12 for I think $115 shipped to my door. Check out the page, isn't a whole lot on the market you can't find there.

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Recently stumbled across William Wolf Pecan-Excellent flavor! Bottled in the Netherlands I believe, but can be bought in Chicago.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Had an opportunity to try a few sips of this stuff last night:

UFnxz7Zh.jpg

Retail is around $39.99, not that it can be had for anywhere near that price. All I can say about it is butterscotch, butterscotch, butterscotch. Absolutely loved it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Had an opportunity to try a few sips of this stuff last night:

UFnxz7Zh.jpg

Retail is around $39.99, not that it can be had for anywhere near that price. All I can say about it is butterscotch, butterscotch, butterscotch. Absolutely loved it.
    Pretty sure the MSRP on that is about $79.95 currently.

It was about $40 about 10 years ago. Roughly $69.95 a couple years ago.

It can be found at MSRP at reputable stores. I always pass on it and pick up the 12 year Van Winkle Family Reserve Lot B for $89.95 instead. That is not quite as easy to find but I manage to get it when I need it and never pay more than $89.95.

The wife got me a bottle of IW Harper 15 yo for my birthday. May just be the best I have tasted. It is hard to find in Indy and retails around $100

MM
    Closer to $80 in shops in the Chicago area.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Well giving the Old Ezra Barrel Strength another shot after leaving it sit for a month or more. It's better, but for a barrel strength bourbon it has very little taste and very little finish. High hopes for this and....meh

That being said, anyone looking for Blantons I passed on a bottle last night at Big Red Cask Strength in Greenwood. $69.99. Have had some good bottles of Blantons, have had more non flavored bottles so let it sit for someone else

Friend was in Ohio last weekend and found 4 bottles of 12 year Boone County for $60.98ea (last time in KY all I could find was 10 year, for $69.99). I had him grab all 4 bottles. Now that stuff, is delicious

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Trying some OLD FORESTER "1910" LINKY => https://www.oldforester.com/whiskies/1910-old-fine-whisky/

It seems to have sold out everywhere but I presume its actually a regular production item rather than a limited release? Its got a nice flavor of vanilla/butterscotch up front, fairly sweet and very smooth. The finish is long with a mild burn. 94 proof. The burn on the end is easily tolerated, no need to water this one down with an ice cube or water.

If there was a tornado or earthquake it would be understandable. But in the past 12 months we've seen an entire warehouse collapse, and now a major distillery spill. Pretty crazy.

Top Bottom