• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ikendrick15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Currently on my shelf is Bulleit, Knob Creek, Old Forester Original batch, and Scotch. I would highly recommend Old Forester, my bottle was a little over $50 but it is very smooth and a great bourbon to have straight. Bulleit is my go to mixing bourbon that can also be served neat. Monkey Shoulder Scotch is also a good option if you like lightly smoked scotches.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I had to test out the ice globe molds that Amazon delivered yesterday. They did not disappoint. I bought two molds so of course I had to make sure both of them worked, my bottle is unfortunately less full than it was when I got up this morning.

UafCJyVh.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Glad to see this thread continues.

Honestly have not purchased a bottle under $50 in quite some time. Well that is a lie, I bought 2 bottles at $49.95 each, but they are 325ml bottles so if they were full size they'd be just under $100 each. Last week picked up a couple, Kentucky Owl Rye @ $150 and Nikka 17 year at $199. Neither are as good as Jefferson Ocean CASK STRENGTH Voyage 10, which is about $120 and probably the best bourbon I've ever tasted.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Correction on the price I previously quoted for Jefferson's OCEAN Cask Strength ... its $99. Well worth that price.

The wife and I took a short trip up to Three Oaks Michigan Saturday evening. We toured Journeyman Distillery | It is well worth your time to check it out.
    While I would love to tour the distillery, I have to say that Journeyman's "Featherbone Bourbon" was probably the worst bourbon I've ever let slip past my lips and should be reserved to be served only for special visits by unwanted houseguests like your mother-in-law or perhaps tax collectors.

Woodford and Maker's Mark. I'm pretty sure Maker's is under $50.
    Makers Mark is well under $30 and probably the most solid bourbon available.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Happy Birthday to me... my friends and family know me well.

Nice haul! Happy birthday :)

I went shopping yesterday. I was told that the Jim Beam Black Extra Aged was Bookers which has water added to bring it down to 86 proof. I just finished a bottle of Booker's a few days ago so we'll see, for $20 it's worth a shot.
    SPPCTD3h.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone :ingo:
    Just kidding. I was offered free tickets by a vendor friend, but once I found out it was the same weekend as the Valpo Show that I committed to going with Dad, I had to decline the tickets. Figures there would be a conflict. :rolleyes:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nice haul! Happy birthday :)

I went shopping yesterday. I was told that the Jim Beam Black Extra Aged was Bookers which has water added to bring it down to 86 proof. I just finished a bottle of Booker's a few days ago so we'll see, for $20 it's worth a shot.
    SPPCTD3h.jpg

Nice collection Phylo.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A story behind that bottle. I used to hunt with friends on whose ground we hunted and deer camp adult beverages were a tradition. When I bought my own woods that tradition continued and they left stands here to hunt out of. I bought that bottle for the coming season back before that bourbon became scarce, but tragically both friends passed away before we got a chance to open it. It set on a shelf for a long time but I think that's not what they would have wanted to see done so I drink some each deer season. I don't hunt out of the stands they left or in that area of the woods, might seem stupid to some, but I see it differently.:)

Top Bottom