• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    For me and the guys in my close-knit group of friends, it has been a good winter so far.

20151211_190946_zpscxf6u0nv.jpeg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    But this is a bourbon thread and the only bourbon in that photo is the Makers Mark in the back of the bottom row.

Now as for Scotch, I've been to OBAN, really nice place. Actually have gone there a couple times. Have to say that the OBAN 14 is awful stuff. Obviously just my opinion. I've got a couple bottles of Scotch, including that same OBAN 14, just can't drink that one. I picked up a Glenfiddich 12 that was aged in Bourbon barrels last fall. Killed it with friends at Christmas. That was yummy stuff.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Tin Cup bourbon whisky :yesway: if you can find it out here ...it's made in Colorado of all places. I don't get drunk, but I do like catching a buzz every now-n-then.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Tin Cup bourbon whisky :yesway: if you can find it out here ...it's made in Colorado of all places. I don't get drunk, but I do like catching a buzz every now-n-then.

Tin Cup is actually distilled in Lawrenceburg, Indiana at the Midwest Grain Product facility. They age it there too. Its then shipped to the bottler. The parent company is Proximo Spirits, they are based in Jersey City, New Jersey. The bottling plant is in Colorado.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Tin Cup is actually distilled in Lawrenceburg, Indiana at the Midwest Grain Product facility. They age it there too. Its then shipped to the bottler. The parent company is Proximo Spirits, they are based in Jersey City, New Jersey. The bottling plant is in Colorado.

No kidding?! Wow, it's some pretty good stuff. They shure give the impression it's made in Colorado if you look at their website. I found it in Fagen's here in town...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Only complicated by independent bottlers like Castle Brands...which is dangerously low in my inventory btw.:eek:
    Castle Brands, New York, NY. Owns the Jefferson's label of bourbon and rye which they acquired in a 2006 purchase of McLain & Kyne. They also own a 20% ownership of Copperhead Distillery which owns Kentucky Artisan Distillery.

No kidding?! Wow, it's some pretty good stuff. They shure give the impression it's made in Colorado if you look at their website. I found it in Fagen's here in town...
    Labels are very misleading, on purpose. They imply all sorts of things. There is a science to learning how to read the labels.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I cracked open some Evan Williams single barrel 2005 I picked up last night at the local liquor store for $25....It wasn't as "woody" as I normally like...I did three ice cubes....I liked it...On par with Buffalo Trace and not a bad just sitting around smoking a pipe and sipping whiskey...

The pipe? A 15 year old Salvinelli...

The Tobacco? A local Cavendish Blend..

The Bourbon? Evan Williams vintage single barrel 2005

Gun in hand???? Pietta 1860 Army with handmade stocks from the prettiest wood I have ever beheld....

Evan-Williams-Single-Barrel-Vintage-2005-Label.jpg

It is good bourbon for the money...Kind of reminded me of Larceny without the grain flavor...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    It's Lent and I gave up drinking Bourbon until Easter ... but that doesn't mean that I can't buy it :rockwoot:

Found a bottle of Old Forester Limited Series 1897 "Bottled in Bond" bourbon. Paid $54 including sales tax.

Bottled in Bond was popular but basically fell out of favor, there are several brands that offer it and some, like Old Grand Dad are great low priced bourbons while Col EH Taylor offers most of their products as premium Bottled in Bond offerings.

Old Forester is claiming that this represents a revival in “Bottled in Bond” bourbon, named for a quality control measure Old Forester initiated back in the late 1800’s. To be Bottled in Bond, you have to be made from a single distillery, in a single year, then aged at least four years in a government "bonded" facility and the bourbons are bottled at 100 proof. This Old Forester is not nationally distributed and not available to over half the county but is available here in Indiana, not rare here but not all that easy to find either.

Since I gave up drinking Bourbon for Lent I can't sample this bottle until Easter.

Old-Forester-1897-Bottle-Shot1.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom