• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I just picked up some Basil Hayden. When is the next tasting at the lounge?

We will have to work out a meet up. This coming week is bad for me, Melen is home from college and we have all sorts of stuff that we need to get done. So maybe in 2 weeks??? Probably should coordinate with Lonehoosier, aclark and 3FloydsFan as all 3 are bourbonistas too. There is now some seating in the back room, very informal, but might be a more approriate place for "illegal" bourbon taste tests :laugh:

3floydsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Highland
    We will have to work out a meet up. This coming week is bad for me, Melen is home from college and we have all sorts of stuff that we need to get done. So maybe in 2 weeks??? Probably should coordinate with Lonehoosier, aclark and 3FloydsFan as all 3 are bourbonistas too. There is now some seating in the back room, very informal, but might be a more approriate place for "illegal" bourbon taste tests :laugh:

I vote for the 19th or 20th. NCAA tourney kicks off Thursday the 19th unless you count the play-in games. I'm likely taking those days off already...otherwise I would likely miss the tasting. :xmad:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Just poured myself a glass of the cheap plastic bottle Old Taylor, and was surprised how smooth it was with just a little water and ice. For $25 for a half gallon, it's well worth it if you can find it. From what I understood, it isn't as readily available as it used to be.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Just found a bottle of Blanton's for $36! Score!
    Bless the employee to have mislabeled this one.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I just picked up some Basil Hayden. When is the next tasting at the lounge?

I got the white castle covered....

People will probably want to bring guns too :ingo:

I'm in. Just have to coordinate with my work schedule and make sure I'm in town.

I vote for the 19th or 20th. NCAA tourney kicks off Thursday the 19th unless you count the play-in games. I'm likely taking those days off already...otherwise I would likely miss the tasting. :xmad:

Well given what 3floydsfan posted, are you available the 19th or 20th?
    The 19th or 20th works for me.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Let's make it THURSDAY THE 19TH at the NWI INGO Clubhouse.

In the back room. Start about 10:30.

And it shall be a BOURBONPOLUSA

I'll bring a few bottles, not sure which ones. Who is driving everyone home because we are going to need a designated driver.

Last edited:

3floydsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Highland

I'll bring a few bottles, not sure which ones. Who is driving everyone home because we are going to need a designated driver.

Sounds like a plan. Bob, I will bring the Noah's Mill and Ocean 3 if you like.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Sounds like a plan. Bob, I will bring the Noah's Mill and Ocean 3 if you like.
    The 19th works for me. Don't know what I'm bringing yet.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI

With the proper bribery (and gas money), I could be persuaded to roll my business vehicle out. Lincoln Navigator...seats 7 (more when you're drunk enough to share seatbelts), but has to come from Illinoid and gets terrible gas mileage so that bribery has to be pretty good. Not to mention missing out on the drinking part...

Top Bottom