NWI

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Pappy and B.T.A.C. are still not delivered yet.

Parker's Heritage and O.F. 2019 Birthday are both in stock.
    32 yr Dewers Scotch arrived, as did 30yr Glenfiddich.
    Weller Full Proof and Weller CYOB are in stock.
    Ill never see pappy, OF birthday, BTAC, weller full proof. Im sure of it. The damn Flippers ruin it for real drinkers.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Wonderful stuff. Wife can't quite keep up with me drinking this one.
    35dca72b280e86431aa2a4a8c1555d33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Had an epiphany just as I ran across this thread...
    The best <$50 bourbon is whatever I am drinking king at the time, so long as I drink enough of it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ill never see pappy, OF birthday, BTAC, weller full proof. Im sure of it. The damn Flippers ruin it for real drinkers.

I know flippers and bottle collectors. I actually drink these things. They are available, at regular retail prices, if you have a good store and build a relationship with the owner/manager. I've even seen some of these on shelves in the big city stores and seen them at/near regular retail prices. But it does vary by state and area. A couple of the big BINNY'S Chicago area stores actually have a rarity room, these bottle sit on the shelves in those rooms, just ask the manager to open the door, pick your bottle, pay and walk out.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Apologies for the potentially off-topic insert but I just bought a bottle of Laphroig Quarter Cask from Meijer for $39.99. If you like this scotch then you know it's typically $60-80. It made me wonder if Meijer is getting out of the scotch game to avoid the 25% tariff increase coming up.

ETA: I bought the last one at the Camby Meijers. It was marked "clearance" at $55 but rang up at $40.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Jefferson's WHEATED Ocean Voyage 19 is shockingly better than 16, 17 or 18.

Jefferson's Ocean Cask Strength Voyage 15, if you can find any of it, is a-frickin'mazing!

I'll have to check the local shop.

Costco also had 1L of Woodford for $31.99. Grabbed a bottle for Dad. :D

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Enjoying Jefferson's Very Small Batch No. 644 Bottle # 10199
    I wanted something a little sweeter and smoother for this fall evening. Nice light spice and floral blend in this bottle. Nothing fancy, but nice for kicking back and relaxing.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Enjoying Jefferson's Very Small Batch No. 644 Bottle # 10199
    I wanted something a little sweeter and smoother for this fall evening. Nice light spice and floral blend in this bottle. Nothing fancy, but nice for kicking back and relaxing.

I just bought a bottle of this last week, but haven't had the chance to try it out. I've always mixed with a splash of some soda in the past, but trying to find one that I can sip on.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Bought a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed and finally opened it. I was impressed.
    I like higher proof stuff. The lower proof stuff just seems bland to me. Back before I knew what good whiskey was I drank lots of Jack Daniels Single Barrel just because that just had the best flavor to me.

Barrel proofs seem to be the way to go for me. If its too much you can just add some water or ice. That's all the distillery does when the bottle the lower stuff. So no, adding ice or water to good whiskey is not blasphamy. You paid for it, you deserve to drink it however you like.

Also another honorable mention.
    Makers Mark 46 & 46 cask strength
    To me these taste a lot like weller. I like the 46 cask strength better. Not easy to find though

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Wife & I met up her boss for a George Thoroughgood concert last weekend in Brown County. Before the show, we visited Bear Wallow, Brown County Winery & Hard Truth. What a blast!

Highly recommended that y'all do at least one, maybe two "flights" of sample drinking at Bear Wallow & Hard Truth. 6 samples for $5. You can sneak in an extra taste or two if nice to your server. I had never tried Rye before and found it very appealing. We ended up bringing home 4 different spirits from Bear & two from Hard Truth.

We just opened Bear Wallow Gnaw Bone Straight Bourbon Whiskey finished in maple syrup barrels. One that's not on their website right now. Fantastic, not too sweet, still has some heat @ 80 proof.

https://www.bearwallowdistillery.com/bourbon

Hard Truth was the last stop for tasting and dinner before the show. No Whiskey there though. Their Toasted Coconut Rum & the Cinamon Vodka are both fantastic albeit a bit sweet @ ~42 proof. This stuff will melt clothing off of your wife so be careful when drinking in public. :naughty:

Hard Truth Distilling Company | Making Craft Spirits in downtown Nashville, Indiana.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This thread should never be on page 3

Drink more bourbon it does the body good.

Latest favorite under the $50 price point: clyde mays bourbon & clyde mays alabama style whiskey. WOW to both.

If you are like me and like the higher proof stuff and dont mind spending alittle over 50, get the clyde mays alabama style 110 proof and get ready to taste heaven

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    At $33, this may be my new goto affordable bourbon...

uSHrciJl.jpg
    I just picked up their sour mash (49) Also a 10 year bourbon (150), 10 year rye (180), and on Melensdad's recommendation a Shenks (90). All from their distillery because I couldn't find them anywhere else. They didnt have any bombergers.
    The shenks is amazing and I will be buying another if i can get it. They limit those above to 1 per person.
    The 10 year bourbon is good but not 150 good. Haven't opened the 10 year rye or the sour mash yet.

Top Bottom