• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I went back today and cleaned them out. I have a group of friends who share common interests and once word got out the orders started coming in. I found another store with five more bottles which I'll probably pick up tomorrow lol.

ZpwO7Noh.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I went back today and cleaned them out. I have a group of friends who share common interests and once word got out the orders started coming in. I found another store with five more bottles which I'll probably pick up tomorrow lol.

That's unreal, I'm not a fan of it personally but buy it when I see it to trade for other stuff, it's amazing you're finding so much.

Last week in Florida I stopped by a liquor store, selection was meh but saw a bottle of Elmer T Lee sitting behind the counter so I asked about it.

$399.99

Yeah....hard pass....

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Weller is a wheated bourbon do it has a bit softer and sweeter taste than bourbons with rye in the mash bill. I’m told Maker’s Mark is as well but I can’t confirm it.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Weller is a wheated bourbon do it has a bit softer and sweeter taste than bourbons with rye in the mash bill. I’m told Maker’s Mark is as well but I can’t confirm it.

I like Maker's Mark, that was my favorite for a while. Then one day of buddy of mine gave me a shot of Gentleman Jack. I liked it so I bought a bottle. I compared the two of them at home, and thought the Gentleman Jack was actually a little smoother than the Maker's Mark. So I switched over. I like to keep a bottle of Gentleman Jack in the freezer. Something about keeping the bourbon ice cold, maybe my imagination but it seems even smoother when it's ice cold, but without watering it down with ice cubes.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Worst burbon (if you can call it that) is Zachary Boone Burbon. My local Kroger is closing and ran a 50% off sale on alchol. Well while picking up some favorites and a few others I thought what the heck, for less than $5, I'll try it. ROT GUT. Nose campares to paint thinner with a hint of charcoal. Finish - What finish.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Worst burbon (if you can call it that) is Zachary Boone Burbon. My local Kroger is closing and ran a 50% off sale on alchol. Well while picking up some favorites and a few others I thought what the heck, for less than $5, I'll try it. ROT GUT. Nose campares to paint thinner with a hint of charcoal. Finish - What finish.

I keep a bottle of Journeyman's bourbon around just in case a tax collector or my mother-in-law shows up. I think it would give the Zachary Boone a run for it money in the "worst bourbon" category.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Dickel, I must try it. Hope I can find in St. Joseph county Indiana

George Dickel "Barrel Select" is really really good stuff. It costs a little more than the regular "Tennessee Whiskey" but its worth way more than the cost. And the cost, like all the Dickel offerings, is modest. I don't think they have anything over $50/bottle. But seriously, find the squat bottled "Barrel Select" and enjoy. Its a damn fine, fairly easy to find, whiskey.

link => https://www.georgedickel.com/tennessee-whiskies/barrel-select

But you may have to cross into Michigan to buy it?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mother in law went to a nice liquor store to buy me a bottle of Blantons before we arrived. Obviously they had none, but they suggested Bib & Tucker. Going to try that for the first time today.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    George Dickel "Barrel Select" is really really good stuff. It costs a little more than the regular "Tennessee Whiskey" but its worth way more than the cost. And the cost, like all the Dickel offerings, is modest. I don't think they have anything over $50/bottle. But seriously, find the squat bottled "Barrel Select" and enjoy. Its a damn fine, fairly easy to find, whiskey.

link => https://www.georgedickel.com/tennessee-whiskies/barrel-select

But you may have to cross into Michigan to buy it?

You should pay right around $40 for a bottle. I generally buy the #8 when I go for Dickel but sometimes upgrade to the Barrel Select. Very smooth whiskey.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Took Dad to the distillery tours at Maker's Mark and Jim Beam, then Louisville Slugger for his birthday/Father's Day. Picked up and dipped Maker's Private Select ($75) after a tasting.

At Beam, got to prep and send a bottle of Knob Creek Single Barrel down the line. Personalized by Yours Truly at the end of the line by making a thumb impression into the wax. Actual price $49.99. Personalized price... pending :cool:

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Looks like Jim Beam just release a new Baysil Hayden... It's a rye with a rum finish.

https://www.gobourbon.com/jim-beam-blends-rye-and-rum-with-new-basil-haydens-caribbean-reserve-rye/

Going to have to give it a try. If the wife likes it as much as her Angel's Envy rye... it might be a great alternative.

I thought it was very good. Got a bottle about a month ago. In fact liked it so much I bought 2 and gave a bottle as a gift to a fellow coach & whiskey lover who was helping me out with one of my advanced fencing students. Its good and a bargain too.

Top Bottom