• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I really like my Ruger SR9. It's been a great gun, rather affordable.

I believe you should be able to stay around your budget.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I purchased a S&W model 19-3 in .357 magnum for $400 about a year ago. Look around and deals can still be found. Here's a picture.
    a006.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    A lot of really good suggestions. You said light weight, so that would rule out some, like a 44mag revolver. But the S&W Shield would be nice, and I'm really suprised I only saw one mention of a Kahr. I have seen the CW9 NIB on gunbroker for $339 repeatedly.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I absolutely LOVE my EAA Witness P Carry in 9mm Polymer lower, very low profile slide and sights, tac rail.
    Its very accurate for a 3.6" barrel. I bought it brand new for $300. Have the 17rd mag.

I love it so much in think I'll order myself the full size steel frame.

I have a Sig p226 mk25, Beretta m9, and a RIA 1911 in 9mm, and I carry the EAA 9 times outta 10.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    For $400, I also recommend a Ruger SR series semi auto. I've seen brand-new SR9C and SR40C models at a nearby LGS selling for right at 4 bills (not including tax). And I have to say that Ruger stands behind their gear, I've had a great experience with their customer service.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    My woods carry is a G19. Lightweight, large cap(15 +1). No serious bears, or tigers in my area. Coyotes, foxes, raccoons, opossums mostly. Wouldn't hesitate to carry a 40 cal, or even a 45acp. Don't want to stumble on a meth lab/ pot farmer, or whatever else. Usually very quiet once past hunting season. In the past I have also carried my 442 S&W snubbie, fanny pack style and it was fine. Keep shopping, the Shield does seem to have a great size/weight. Never shot one, but pretty popular right now.
    Good luck.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I am really loving my Kahr CM9. It is a great gun and they have numerous different size and models to choose from for right around the $400 range.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am going to have to go with the Ruger SR series. I recently picked up an SR9c to toy around with and evaluate. They are the best built guns I have handled in that price range. Overall I am very impressed with the gun. My only complaint is the manual safety and goofy loaded chamber indicator.

edit: The Ruger P95 is also a lot of gun. Quite a bit larger then the SR9c. Overall the SR9c is about as close to a do all, value priced gun that I have found. I am considering keeping this one just to show other people. But knowing me I will let it go.

I am not impressed with the LC380/LC9. I liked them at the shop but not so much on the range. I in general do not care for subcompact guns built to meet a price point in the market.

MiNDRiVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just because you are a Noob doesn't mean you lack knowledge:thumbsup: My vote as well goes towards the Sig 2022. Used ones on GB can be had for under $400 all day long. The mags though can be expensive though.

That's my only complain about mine. Mag prices are insane and the best price i have found personally is 41.99.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    I have a Ruger P series I like real well. You can get a good deal on these weapons if you shop around.

Top Bottom