• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    It will be difficult to find a new, large frame reliable gun at that price range...but not impossible. I would suggest a Ruger P95 or SR9. If you are willing to buy used, you could find something at that price range in other major brands like Glock or Beretta. I bought a decent full size Beretta (another forum) for under $400 with shipping and FFL transfer fees

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    For your price range you can get a Px4 Storm in 9mm or 40 cal
    or an M&P
    Both are fairly light.
    I'd go with the M&P because I already have the Storm.
    I think it's hard to find used, decent Glocks. People snap them up pretty quick around here (the 19 is just impossible to find it seems).

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Benefits at working the gun counter at rural king in Martinsville. They gave me 17% off, $180 bonus. That means $170 out of my account. Boom.

hmm i'm thinking part time job...with fringe benefits:cool: haha
    congrats man. thats what i like to hear, incentives for people that work.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Used XD, Glock, SIG, CBS's are good but I can't speak from experience. As said above pretty much. I'd rather take a used quality gun than a new lesser quality one any day. Don't leave out a wheel gun either. I can't point too much toward specifics but an SW air weight 38spl is on my short list and they aren't too much over 400 new. Wheel guns go bang every time.

Last edited:

JimboCX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I just recently bought my first handgun. I purchased a Taurus PT111 G2 for $341 with tax at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. They were great and the price before tax was $319. I chose this gun because I have not read a bad review of the gun. I looked as hard as I could for a bad review. It's an attractive gun and felt nice in my hand. The M&P Shield felt too thin in the grip and the Glock 26 felt like holding a block. I want to be able to practice and not feel like my hand will be stinging and the Taurus has a soft recoil from the reviews. YMMV...

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I just recently bought my first handgun. I purchased a Taurus PT111 G2 for $341 with tax at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. They were great and the price before tax was $319. I chose this gun because I have not read a bad review of the gun. I looked as hard as I could for a bad review. It's an attractive gun and felt nice in my hand. The M&P Shield felt too thin in the grip and the Glock 26 felt like holding a block. I want to be able to practice and not feel like my hand will be stinging and the Taurus has a soft recoil from the reviews. YMMV...

I'm also thinking of buying one of these. I was looking at the Ruger .357 snubbies but I'm not a true wheel gun type 'o guy. The PT111 G2 felt really good in my hands too plus I like the 12+1. The Kahr I also checked out sucked! Very hard to rack the slide and it kept locking up.

Volt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Southport
    I picked up a RIA FS Tactical for less than 400.00 brand new. Best decision I have ever made with a hand gun purchase.

JimboCX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Being a new gun owner, I had a hard time choosing a handgun. There are too many options and it was like going into a good liquor store and trying to buy good beer. I felt overwhelmed and I did a lot of internet research. The 12+1 was a big seller too. I have not fired the gun but I will be doing so over the holidays. I plan to carry this gun so I just ordered a Kydex holster from M2B Kydex. I am now in the market for good inexpensive practice ammo. I looked on the search engine but it came up bunk. Good luck in finding the Taurus PT111 G2.

Top Bottom