• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • merkava1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I bought the mosquito cause I've got the SIGness...

A wise investment :yesway:
    Even more so if your SIGness progresses to larger calibers.
    She is finicky with ammo, but don't give up early.

BTW someone was wondering why care about easy tool-free stripping. Well I decided to try another spring in my Mosquito at the range. Changed in a heartbeat, and I am no expert. Try this with a new Ruger "real straightforward" Mark III.

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    I have a Hgh Standard SK model 103 . Very reliable and extremely accurate . They usually run around 300.00 . Some of the other HS are quite abit more .

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Congrats on the Sig purchase. I was going to suggest a Ruger Single Six, (like some of the other posters), as I think a simple wheel gun is the best pistol to start/learn on. I also like any of the Ruger Mk series semi-autos, however, they do have a dis-assembly learning curve. Let us know how the Sig work out.

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    I have the mosquito also. I use the Federal blue/burgundy bulk boxes of HP ammo. Never had an issue. The mosquito likes higher velocity ammo. Try to get at least 1260 fps. in my experience.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I use the Waltyher P22. Works pretty well. Can be finicky with ammo the first time out, but eventually, it breaks in. I like it because it functions and feels like many modern semi-autos. Plus, the price is usually very low. I got mine for $300 brand new from a dealer at a gun show.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Best 22 plinker? Anything you are proud of, shoot well with, enjoy, can afford as well as functions as well or better than you expected. Hey, they don't break the bank either in purchase or buying ammo, so why stop at one? They are kind of like potato chips, who can eat just one? Who can only own one 22???

cowboy23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    lafayette
    i would say go with the beretta neos. my dad had one and it was the **** i think that nib is like 250 or so. have fun on the range with the boy. good luck with the gun hunt

cowboy23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    lafayette
    i would like to get a da revolver that shoots .22 lr and mags. what would be some options and does anyone know if they make a .22 convertion for the xd .40 sub compact?

dleeharrison

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    I have a Beretta Neos and just purchased a GSG1911 - haven't had the opportunitty to shoot the GSG yet. I picked up the Neos from Bradis and it's a hoot to shoot! Very accurate, no feed jams and a piece of cake to take down and clean. The pistol can be field stripped and reassembled in a matter of seconds. I chose the Beretta based on the recommendations of a shooting buddy and the staff at Bradis. The Beretta is also inexpensive when compared to most of the offerings.

Jimbo Kern

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Walther P22 is cheaply made, the zinc slide will crack after 10k rounds..

This is a misleading blanket statement. The TRUTH is that some P-22s have cracked, but most of these cases were old first run models which were updated years ago.

I feel like a broken record:

Don't let anyone here convince you of what to get. Don't spend your hard earned money on something a group of random strangers TOLD you to buy.

Instead, go to a gun shop and look at the many models available from reputable manufacturers: Ruger, Walther, S&W, and Sig all offer multiple models which may shooters love and enjoy. Handle all of these guns and shoot as many of them as possible. Once you know which of these guns fit you and your preferences best, do some research to narrow your search. THEN buy what you have found to be the best for YOU.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have a Beretta Neos and just purchased a GSG1911 - haven't had the opportunitty to shoot the GSG yet. I picked up the Neos from Bradis and it's a hoot to shoot! Very accurate, no feed jams and a piece of cake to take down and clean. The pistol can be field stripped and reassembled in a matter of seconds. I chose the Beretta based on the recommendations of a shooting buddy and the staff at Bradis. The Beretta is also inexpensive when compared to most of the offerings.

I hope you didn't get the used one with the scope already on it. I am heading down to get that this afternoon. :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Went to Bradis to pick up the Neos and ended up getting the S&W 22-A1. Anyone know much about this pistol? It just felt better in my hand and I can switch out barrels on it.

merkava1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have read a few posts on the difficulty of taking down the Ruger MkII. How true is this?

True. The gun is unnecessarily complicated. Even the manual suggests "tapping" it with a hammer. Out of the box, count on some good hammering. A steel pick or at least a paperclip is needed just to get started. The swivel pin in the back of the grip is a doozie to manipulate. I can hear someone grunting already: the MkIII (MkII too) has a cult following. Many guys walk proud because they COULD take it down and reassemble. Besides, it is an elegant gun. It has a pedigree. But it will not outshoot the mundane Beretta Neon or the Browning Buckmark - much more practical single-action target pistol. Question is, do you want to buy into the whole romance of the Ruger, or have a less demanding user-friendly pistol. You decide. ::Going into hiding::

Top Bottom