• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Nice gun, I have the regular E series Bobtail two tone (pict is my avatar). I shot a lot of 1911's, fondled far more, only found one even close to as good feleing as the E series. That was a Kimber. But after reading about Kimber issues, I opted for the S&W. And i have never looked back. finest gun I have EVER owned OR shot.
    Yea the E- Series are some nice shooting 1911s will own another very soon down the road.psyko

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm getting a mixed message CM. You're among friends, so tell us how you really feel.

Well, I have a few more sessions with 1911's Anonomouse so give me a bit and I will get back with you..........:)

Actually, I have shot a TCM and it is not a weak platform. Not been inside of one nor ran one for extended periods/rounds but it was fun and stupid accurate.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County

Agreed, However I love mine and it shoots just fine. :yesway:

its put together good for a 5-$600 1911

Really actually a great gun if you dont want to drop a grand on a NICE 1911. Id love to have a kimber or a Springfield but I don't carry a 1911 and I don't like buying .45 so not much sense in it for me.

:twocents:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Really actually a great gun if you dont want to drop a grand on a NICE 1911. Id love to have a kimber or a Springfield but I don't carry a 1911 and I don't like buying .45 so not much sense in it for me.

Am glad you have a good one.

Enjoy it. If you shoot it. The proof is in the shooting.

No knock on anyone owning one. If you like it run it.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville

I actually had a RIA Tactical that that shot really good, didnt have a problem out of it! They probably just think CM is a grumpy old man and that is why they dont shoot well for him!psyko

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I actually had a RIA Tactical that that shot really good, didnt have a problem out of it! They probably just think CM is a grumpy old man and that is why they dont shoot well for him!psyko

Rocks and Glocks! Neither show the CM much respect. The Glocks actually try to bite him if he touches one.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Other than a Ruger Blackhawk Dual interchangeable cylinder 45LC/45ACP, I only have three original Colts ('58, '71, '86) that shoot .45.

I have been looking and had occasion to shoot a few other manufacturer's efforts owned by associates, but I have never bought one of the others.

This thread was very informative.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    In what way? have you seen the interior of this cz you speak of?

Here are some shots of the one I picked up last week. It looks like it came right off the Dan Wesson line. Everything inside is tool steel and the fit and finish are very well done. The only two cast parts I could identify are the grip safety and mag release. But both are fit very well. The main spring housing is beautifully done. Looks like it was milled out of a block of steel instead of being injection molded plastic as was on a Kimber and Colt that I own.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I am impressed with your photos. It is interesting to see the effort put forth in reducing "take up" in the trigger by the tab they have in the trigger bow. I'm not sure of the price range or whether or not the frame and slide are forged nor whether or not the machining and parts would be totally interchangeable with say a Colt 1911a1, but it looks pretty impressive.

Top Bottom