• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am impressed with your photos. It is interesting to see the effort put forth in reducing "take up" in the trigger by the tab they have in the trigger bow. I'm not sure of the price range or whether or not the frame and slide are forged nor whether or not the machining and parts would be totally interchangeable with say a Colt 1911a1, but it looks pretty impressive.

Good call.....I just noticed the tab.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Beautiful, 88E30M50. Extraordinarily useful info on that offerring. Thanks for posting.

Can I drive your beemer? lol

Thanks Bug. There are very few people that recognize the meaning behind the INGO name. You'll have to ask my son about driving it though, as I gave it to him this summer as a graduation present.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The best 1911 for the money is the one in your hand that goes bang when you pull the trigger and doesn't disassemble itself or break when you try to take it down.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    So what is the consensus ? :scratch:
    For something that doesn't break the bank and holds its value, I'd have to say a Springfield Armory Military Model, if you want fixed sights or the SA Range Officer, if you want adjustable sights. The Range Officers are highly thought of in the bullseye pistol shooting community. All Springers have forged slides and frames and the company has a very good reputation for backing up their products.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So what is the consensus ? :scratch:

I don't think there is one 'best' 1911. It really depends on what you want to do with it. If you are just looking for a range toy to take out once a year, an RIA will give you that pretty cheaply. There are a bunch of 'best' choices working up from there.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    If you just want the best cheap 1911, that's a whole other discussion I think.

Since the thread topic is "Best 1911 for the money", that seems as though we are quantifying quality vs. price paid = resulting value 1911
    In this formula it's tough to beat the quality gun you get with a Les Baer. Especially if you find a good used one.
    There was one for sale recently for $1600 with extras that was a steal.
    They are easily a nice as guns in the $3000 range for much less.
    that's why I fell the Les Baer 1911 is the BEST 1911 for the money

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, I would simply offer that of ALL guns NOT to buy on the cheap, the 1911 is at the TOP of that list. I don't buy a 1911 that is under $1000. Period. Plus, you have to make sure $300 of that price isn't just for a particular roll mark.

Top Bottom