• ...and so much more!
  • osbornk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Marion, Va
    Speaking of which....

I have held some RIA 1911's. They always seem to be fitted as well or better than some others I have looked at for up to twice the price. You can get one with VZ grips, decent sights, FL guide rod (meh), ambi safety (ugh), extended beaver tail for $500 or so. And the triggers usually don't suck any worse than most within $300 of that price point. So are the frames/slides of a material inferior enough that these are not worth dropping quality internals into? Or is it a matter of resale value? They just don't seemto be popular with those who are going to work on their pistols. I'm guessing there is a good reason. But to my uneducated mind, if you're going to gut a pistol anyway, why pay $900-1100 for a pistol you're going to gut anyway, why not pay half that if you can find one that's tight enough? I keep wrestling with this. I want a springer, but if I'm going to have it redone, why pay the extra money?

I just ordered a tactical in 9mm from Gallery of Guns. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. It was slightly under $500, including tax and background check. I did a lot of research before I ordered and the people who have them are very happy with them and the CS is outstanding with a lifetime warranty. Armscor is the largest maker of 1911s in the world.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just ordered a tactical in 9mm from Gallery of Guns. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. It was slightly under $500, including tax and background check. I did a lot of research before I ordered and the people who have them are very happy with them and the CS is outstanding with a lifetime warranty. Armscor is the largest maker of 1911s in the world.

Post #75 and #76.........Amrscor may make a lot of them but they are not the best at it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I wonder for the money which is nicer the Ruger or the new 1911 from CZ? Not much difference in price if buying new.

That is a tough question.
    Depends on what you like/want in a gun. You being the proud owner of both you understand.

I like my CZ's. I love my 97b........."But"......I shoot a 1911 so much better. And there is that pesky 9mm/.45ACP thingy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So I wonder for the money which is nicer the Ruger or the new 1911 from CZ? Not much difference in price if buying new.

I've not seen the internal parts of the Ruger, but have disassembled my CZ completely. From what I've seen, you would be hard pressed to find a better 1911 for under $800 than the new CZ 1911. There are no MIM parts inside and the machine work is beautiful. The gun is tight, but functions flawlessly through the 300 rounds I've put downrange in the 5 days since getting it. My Kimber cost more, but is filled with MIM parts and had a plastic MSH. My Colt DE cost more, but has sloppy machine work throughout and was also filled with MIM parts and a plastic MSH.

The Rugers are a good looking 1911 and have a good reputation for reliability. Anyone know what the quality of the internals is like?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That is a tough question.
    Depends on what you like/want in a gun. You being the proud owner of both you understand.

I like my CZ's. I love my 97b........."But"......I shoot a 1911 so much better. And there is that pesky 9mm/.45ACP thingy.

Same boat here. As much as I love my CZ 9mms at the range, I still don't care for 9mm in the holster. I love my .40 Glocks and shoot them well, but when it comes right down to it, I shoot the 1911 platform better.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

That's not bad. It's closer to what I paid for mine last year. Back last year in November, CDNN Sports had the SR1911 for $599.99 with $15 shipping. Add the $15 FFL fee and it was right at $630 delivered. For the price, it was one heck of a deal.

I've not seen the internal parts of the Ruger, but have disassembled my CZ completely. From what I've seen, you would be hard pressed to find a better 1911 for under $800 than the new CZ 1911. There are no MIM parts inside and the machine work is beautiful. The gun is tight, but functions flawlessly through the 300 rounds I've put downrange in the 5 days since getting it. My Kimber cost more, but is filled with MIM parts and had a plastic MSH. My Colt DE cost more, but has sloppy machine work throughout and was also filled with MIM parts and a plastic MSH.

The Rugers are a good looking 1911 and have a good reputation for reliability. Anyone know what the quality of the internals is like?

I don't know what to look for. I'll have it at the shoot this month and I'd be happy to let you take a look.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The internals are near the same as any other MIM filled 1911. The triggers on a few I have fondled are pretty fair right out of the box.
    I always dump the MIM parts and save them for the unfortunates I now that opt for Armscor built pieces and have issues.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Here's a nice 1911 for the money on ar15.com and the guy has a lot of feedback.
    I think these are about $1000-1100 new.
    The add has been bumped a lot, so I'll bet it could be had for $800
    Good looking gun too
    The SW1911TA is like a regular E-series, but has a rail and night sights.

S&W 1911TA with accessory rail $875 SHIPPED - AR15.COM

2nB88sVJRLdSth0_QWc9U4ftKpCvlUTzUXHzGRZazpE=w847-h635-no

Nice gun, I have the regular E series Bobtail two tone (pict is my avatar). I shot a lot of 1911's, fondled far more, only found one even close to as good feleing as the E series. That was a Kimber. But after reading about Kimber issues, I opted for the S&W. And i have never looked back. finest gun I have EVER owned OR shot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know some aren't. I like em..and they grip well.

I have had a few E-series and they ran very well. No operational complaints.

I am not a purest in the least but the snake scale cuts/external extractor just were not for me.

Just a personal preference. They are handsome and well made guns.

Top Bottom