Benchmade just stepped in it with both feet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    If you dig deeper into OpenSecerts under their "METHODOLOGY Statement", OpenSecerts makes the following statement: "organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals may include subsidiaries and affiliates."

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=D000047693&cycle=2018

Can anyone explain how these so called "Organizations PACs" work?

If that is indeed true than it is worse... that means that NOBODY at BM or its affiliates made any contribution to fighting the anti-2A (knives included) establishment in Oregon or elsewhere since 2013.

I understand your reasons for defending them is because you sell their products, but their true colors are on full display.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just Google'd Benchmade.

Let's be honest - conservatives are just as adept as liberals in taking to Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube in order to destroy a company or person that doesn't do right by their social agenda.

As for the political contributions, those paltry numbers seem only to serve as confirmation bias, i.e. they confirm a preconceived notion - Benchmade hates freedom. What are their charitable contributions? What organizations do they give money too?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Are cutting torches and metal chop saws all that expensive?

Just googling around, they could setup a workshop for about $750 it appears with a chop saw and cutting torch. Why the hell dont they just do it themselves? Its not like they shred them and need a heavy industrial shredder that runs 6 figures.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Are cutting torches and metal chop saws all that expensive?

Just googling around, they could setup a workshop for about $750 it appears with a chop saw and cutting torch. Why the hell dont they just do it themselves? Its not like they shred them and need a heavy industrial shredder that runs 6 figures.

Local people have reported OCPD had been doing weapon destructions at local recycling yard for years. Normally the liberal mayor and chief would brought media personal with them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I posted this in another thread but it fits here well about campaign donations to candidates that are an enemy of 2A supporters. I have a hard time believing that a knife company is not supporting 2A at least knife 2A law. Knife 2A is an often undiscussed topic that is gaining traction in the courts, many old school knife laws are being ruled unconstitutional under 2A.

And we need no further proof than this thread to see how too much power in the hands of politicians is bad. They have become the mob, "nice business you got there, shame for something to happen to it". It also demonstrates how they have divided us by tribes.

Expat is right, they must pay tribute if they are in those dem controled locations. Indiana should offer a blanket tax deal to all 2A and ancillary industries who will move to Indiana and build products in the likes of Anderson, Marion, all over the state.

MM

Platycqb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2017
    Indiana
    People are furious at Benchmade for helping PD destroy firearms.

52387415_2341612075850578_4174709706360619008_n.jpg
    Also people are dumb.
    See active thread.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    If that is indeed true than it is worse... that means that NOBODY at BM or its affiliates made any contribution to fighting the anti-2A (knives included) establishment in Oregon or elsewhere since 2013.

I understand your reasons for defending them is because you sell their products, but their true colors are on full display.

Yes, I sell their product, but I'm not trying to defend them as much as I'm trying to understand exactly what happen in this incident..... instead of having a knee jerk reaction like so many others on here and in other forums. I'm probably more disappoint in this than most people because I am a dealer with Benchmade, and will have to make a business decision on whether to continue carrying their product.

Speaking of "True Colors"......For two decades Benchmade has been a strong supporter of LEO and the Military, and have sponsored numerous hunting and shooting TV shows. They have designed and manufactured knives for firearms companies......most recent one being HK. Hell, they support the NRA by attending all of the NRA national conventions. These past and current actions sure don't portray a company that is anti 2A. So I have to ask myself, is this one incident a true indicator that they are anti 2A, or is it simply a mistake that they made.....I really don't know at this point, but Benchmade really FU!!

The reason I asked earlier about how "Organizations PACs" work is fully understand who is truly the contributors, and how the money flows to the politicians. I still don't have the answers to that, and for me it is a critical piece of data that I want to know in order to make business decisions.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Yes, I sell their product, but I'm not trying to defend them as much as I'm trying to understand exactly what happen in this incident..... instead of having a knee jerk reaction like so many others on here and in other forums. I'm probably more disappoint in this than most people because I am a dealer with Benchmade, and will have to make a business decision on whether to continue carrying their product.

Speaking of "True Colors"......For two decades Benchmade has been a strong supporter of LEO and the Military, and have sponsored numerous hunting and shooting TV shows. They have designed and manufactured knives for firearms companies......most recent one being HK. Hell, they support the NRA by attending all of the NRA national conventions. These past and current actions sure don't portray a company that is anti 2A. So I have to ask myself, is this one incident a true indicator that they are anti 2A, or is it simply a mistake that they made.....I really don't know at this point, but Benchmade really FU!!

The reason I asked earlier about how "Organizations PACs" work is fully understand who is truly the contributors, and how the money flows to the politicians. I still don't have the answers to that, and for me it is a critical piece of data that I want to know in order to make business decisions.

I don't have a dog in this fight and my reaction is mostly meh... but none of the above in red suggests support of the 2A. I'm not saying they don't support the 2A but I don't see any evidence in your post that they do. The military, LE (and frankly HK) are not, in my opinion, going to suffer if the 2A takes huge hits. The NRA convention attendance is about attending a trade show to sell your wares and isn't to show support for "citizens" or the NRA's fight against anti-2A.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Stop with the logic Brad, it doesn’t work here. I dislike BM for other reasons, (Les is an ******* being one), they won’t allow you to return Auto knives to them as an individual, has to go through a dealer that is authorized to sell autos, even if it’s legal to own in your state, Les is an *******, and others.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    When we say someone supports the military, is that maybe because they have large military contracts or want them and are greasing the wheels? I'm not accusing benchmade of this. Its just something thats went through my head before. How much is true love for our soldiers and their mission vs a love for the unlimited purse of our government and its DOD contracts?

Same with PD. Departments buy too and so do their officers. If you gave away a whole departments worth of knives i think thats better PR and marketing than a magazine add and has more of chance to bring in some revenue.
    Same with military. Back when i was in which feels like forever ago now, we got freebies all the time. Some were expensive blades even. Some for "testing", others just as a thank you. Is it fair to say some of those companies earned my loyalty just for doing that? Absolutely they did. I still buy some to this day for that reason so i guess it worked if that was part of the plan

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm definitely over the "we support the military" line. It doesn't add any value to any conversation I've been a part of.
    Yep. Its like someone giving to a charity and then putting it on blast. If you do charitable things for the good reasons then you don't care about telling people you did it. When companies just do charitable things for marketing then imo its not charity at all. Its free marketing with a side of tax break

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I really do try to think before I jump on a knee jerk boycot bandwagon, but when it comes to all the anti-gun stuff anymore its cut and dry for me most times. Just like as a gun owner who carries a gun everyday I have to think before EVERY action I take. Even simple things. I have to remember that I have a firearm on and how can my actions be perceived. Same if I had to interact with the police in my vehicle or standing up, my hands are going to remain front and high and visible or on my stearing wheel just incase that cop notices a bulge or something because he's good at his job. I want there to be no mistake

Now in the same token, as a business owner whos in the knife business but also as described above been at all the NRA shows, IN THESE CURRENT TIMES you would hope this person thinks before every single action they take that could even be slightly perceived as anti-gun. Newsflash incase anyone missed it, cutting up guns IS perceived (IS) as anti-gun by the left and the right.

Many companies have a policy against employees making post on social media using the companies name or while in uniform. In this story we not only see benchmades name used but they are in the benchmade shop. I am not a high paid detective but to this simple retired indiana farm boy/soldier I suspect and yes assume that SOMEONE maybe just one top person from benchmade noticed all the cops carrying in all the guns through their front door and shop and possibly saw or heard the acts of cutting up these firearms. AND, possibly, maybe, likely even knew about it ahead of time and helped coordinate it and put it on their schedule and allowed the picture to be taken. But hey, i cant spell or use proper grammar so my opinion and observations probably dont count for much.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I really do try to think before I jump on a knee jerk boycot bandwagon, but when it comes to all the anti-gun stuff anymore its cut and dry for me most times. Just like as a gun owner who carries a gun everyday I have to think before EVERY action I take. Even simple things. I have to remember that I have a firearm on and how can my actions be perceived. Same if I had to interact with the police in my vehicle or standing up, my hands are going to remain front and high and visible or on my stearing wheel just incase that cop notices a bulge or something because he's good at his job. I want there to be no mistake

Now in the same token, as a business owner whos in the knife business but also as described above been at all the NRA shows, IN THESE CURRENT TIMES you would hope this person thinks before every single action they take that could even be slightly perceived as anti-gun. Newsflash incase anyone missed it, cutting up guns IS perceived (IS) as anti-gun by the left and the right.

Many companies have a policy against employees making post on social media using the companies name or while in uniform. In this story we not only see benchmades name used but they are in the benchmade shop. I am not a high paid detective but to this simple retired indiana farm boy/soldier I suspect and yes assume that SOMEONE maybe just one top person from benchmade noticed all the cops carrying in all the guns through their front door and shop and possibly saw or heard the acts of cutting up these firearms. AND, possibly, maybe, likely even knew about it ahead of time and helped coordinate it and put it on their schedule and allowed the picture to be taken. But hey, i cant spell or use proper grammar so my opinion and observations probably dont count for much.
    I don’t know, I quit reading after the first misspelt werd !;)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

From what I'm hearing through the back channels is very close to what you are saying with a few variations....wasn't a top person within Benchmade, but I'm sure that upper management had to approve this. Yes, this was scheduled between OPD and Benchmade. Allowing pictures to be taken was the biggest mistake....keep in mind that it was OPD that posted the pictures, not Benchmade. I can't image that Benchmade would have allowed pictures if they knew those pictures were going to go public. Essentially OPD bushwacked Benchmade. None of this is a good enough excuse...Benchmade should have never been involved from the beginning.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    File this under, "There's no such thing as bad publicity", but I really want a Benchmade auto right now. Maybe an AFO II...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Looks like i may not buy anymore surefire either. I want to see who paid the donations and what surefires response is first.
    If you support any democrats you arent supporting America and freedom imo. Its become a pick a side issue to me. The nation is divided like they want it to be.

Top Bottom