Benchmade just stepped in it with both feet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    looks like I bought my only benchmade, my hk scorch, I'm not going to break it, and I didn't burn my nike's or pour bleach on my levis, I just wont buy anymore.

looks like my sogtac and my Kershaw launch will be carried a little more than they are now., and since my company wont let me carry a switchblade at work (they don't know the hk is a auto knife) I just might have to go back to a spyderco with the zip tie in the hole.

it kinda sucks, I wasent a fan of benchmade till they bought lonewolf knives and made the diablo into the hk scorch, I bought one, and I like it, I even looked at buying another benchmade or two, but not now, benchmade, you made your bed, now you get to lay in it

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you're going to start boycotting companies for destroying firearms, you're going to have a quandary.

The steel manufacturers melt down firearms.
    The ones that might not, recycle metal that is originally made by those companies.
    So, you'll have to never purchase any iron or steel again.
    No more cars.
    No more guns.
    No more knives.

I've seen guns dropped into a BOP furnace by the ton.
    It sucks.
    But the only way you are going to get metal, is if you dig up the ingredients and make your own steel. And from that make your own cars and guns.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If you're going to start boycotting companies for destroying firearms, you're going to have a quandary.

The ones that might not, recycle metal that is originally made by those companies.
    No more cars.
    No more guns.
    No more knives.

It sucks.
    But the only way you are going to get metal, is if you dig up the ingredients and make your own steel. And from that make your own cars and guns.

Challenge Accepted.

FtbiJso.gif

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel

No more cars.
    No more guns.
    No more knives.

It sucks.

Steel companies and car makers are not arms manufacturers like Benchmade.

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana

No more cars.
    No more guns.
    No more knives.

It sucks.

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen in the last few pages. You really think recycled firearms have the slightest bit of impact or effect on steel production? Do you understand how ludicrous it is to state that “melted down guns” somehow impact steel production. Wake up dude. The US produces like 90 million tons of steel annually. Melted down firearms have virtually no impact on that.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen in the last few pages. You really think recycled firearms have the slightest bit of impact or effect on steel production? Do you understand how ludicrous it is to state that “melted down guns” somehow impact steel production. Wake up dude. The US produces like 90 million tons of steel annually. Melted down firearms have virtually no impact on that.

I think you need to read what he wrote again. Nowhere in that statement did he say the steel the mills get from guns has an impact. He merely stated that since the steel mills melt down firearms, you’d need to boycott their products... which would be virtually impossible.

He is correct that our steel mills melt down firearms for police departments.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    [video=youtube_share;SRleLfBosBE]https://youtu.be/SRleLfBosBE[/video]

Almost all the gun grabbers pushing the current round of gun control laws in the House have claimed to support the 2A as well. See, Mr. De Asis, those words mean almost nothing. We don't fall for it anymore. We watch what you do more closely. And we saw what your company willingly and gladly did.

Top Bottom