SW side of Indy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sadly, few care. I heard a podcast the other day where DeSantis was doing his campaign thing and started talking about holding Covid purveyors to account--the crowd practically went to sleep. I heard a clip yesterday of Trump bemoaning (again) that he doesn't think he gets the credit he deserved and the crowd seemed to agree. Look at this thread. There's maybe 5-6 of us that ever put up posts and comment. Nobody cares anymore--which is why we're doomed to go through this all over again.
    The thread title says it...final episode hopefully. People want to forget about it. Everyone is so over covid. I don't think that in itself is a bad thing. However, it's not over until the cronies stop trying to use government as a marketing strategy.

Never mind that ideologues used/are using it as a way to achieve political goals. They've used it to justify relaxing election protocols that make it easier to cheat. They've used it to marginalize normal people. Maybe they've used it as some kind of population control. Maybe as a way to get people conditioned to compliance.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The science...

Science doesn’t really say anything scientists do. Data are always interpreted by scientists. When those scientists let their personal preferences or unproven philosophical assumptions dictate their interpretation of the evidence, they do exactly what they accuse religious people of doing they let their ideology dictate their conclusions. When that’s the case, their conclusions should be questioned, because they may be nothing more than philosophical presuppositions passed off as scientific facts. Such as the covid vaccine. Masks, shutdown of society, etc.
    We've seen a lot of that over the last 10 years, but especially the last 3 years. The climate hysteria has been building since Al Gore the climate whore complained about hockey sticks. Then came Greta and ****ed the science doggie style. (no offence to @DoggyDaddy :): )

Then came covid, which took TheScience™ orders of magnitude higher, when they discovered that they could weaponize science to gut common sense from the population.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't think public ridicule is a bad thing sometimes. I mean, most of the time you just try to be polite. To each his own. But I'm kinda rethinking it when it's this bad. It feels like people have a moral obligation to just make fun of people's societal delusions openly.

It's how children "socialize" each other in a way. If it doesn't get out of hand. The social retards are the ones who've been shielded all their lives from peers' ridicule. It sounds cruel, and it can be. But in the right amounts, it's social therapy. Make fun of the **** for wearing a face shield in a public pool. She needs to know she's being delusional.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Too many people still watch legacy media, which all lied out their butts about the WuFlu. I bet most people still don't understand how survivable it was but just consider themselves lucky or think they took the right preventative measures... :rolleyes:
    Remember that poll that came out when covid was still a thing? I don't recall the actual numbers but a majority of democrats thought the risk of death from getting covid was something like 40%. The poll showed Republicans believed it was something like 2%. Turns out it was even lower. The people rushing out to get the latest booster and wearing masks everywhere are still out there. Just in reduced numbers as people realize, aside from the novel effects, it was mostly like the flu.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We've seen a lot of that over the last 10 years, but especially the last 3 years. The climate hysteria has been building since Al Gore the climate whore complained about hockey sticks. Then came Greta and ****ed the science doggie style. (no offence to @DoggyDaddy :): )

Then came covid, which took TheScience™ orders of magnitude higher, when they discovered that they could weaponize science to gut common sense from the population.
    Science has been weaponized for political, personal ideological purposes, or big money for a long time.
    That is the whole point.
    People haven't been able to trust certain Science fields because of that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Side note. Apparently there is a market by women seeking sperm donors who have not had the Covid vaccine. They are, apparently, willing to pay thousands.

Talk about disconnect, the articles experts are talking fertility and and I do not believe that to be the driving force, having a baby without DNA altering vaccines in the mix is the goal totally missed by the author…

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

All of the people who were in the actual decision-making positions of authority who enforced pseudoscientific, authoritarian, transparently immoral vaxx/masking/lockdown mandates must be prosecuted – to exact punishment for what they did and to serve as a deterrent against future overreaches, both of which are recognized as legitimate functions of the criminal justice system.

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    Side note. Apparently there is a market by women seeking sperm donors who have not had the Covid vaccine. They are, apparently, willing to pay thousands.

How about the good ol' fashion way?...

Top Bottom