• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As Sarge says in his profile, he is retired.

Ah gotcha. I have no idea why he got all "in a huff" as he did.

(to the peanut gallery)
    If you had a pending case in Court, and think that there's wrongdoing on the officer's part, do you file a complaint if you lose? What person would take that seriously, and not as a person simply filing because they didn't get what they wanted in Court?

This is how I would see that going down:
    Citizen: Hello, I would like to file a complaint
    Officer: Ok, sir when did it happen and who was the Officer?

Citizen: Oh, it was Officer Doe, and it happened 4 months ago
    Officer: Um... were you out of the country, sick, or otherwise unable to make a complaint prior to now?

Citizen: Oh no, I was perfectly fine. I decided to file the complaint after I lost my court case against him and the city.
    Officer: So, you allege there is a "bad" officer on the streets, and you put the public at possible risk of coming into contact with that bad officer for 4 months, because you wanted to wait until after your court hearing?

Citizen: Yes
    Officer: ......

If the complaint there, why do you wait until things don't go "your way" until you raise issue with it? It seriously weakens motive for filing.
    If the complaint is valid, IMO, it should be addressed promptly. Not until after your ruled against.

Am I crazy for thinking this?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    If you had a pending case in Court, and think that there's wrongdoing on the officer's part, do you file a complaint if you lose? What person would take that seriously, and not as a person simply filing because they didn't get what they wanted in Court?

Mighty Strong Assumption Unless You Have Prior Information on the Outcome of a Case Yet to be Heard in Court. Do You have information as to the Outcome of a case yet to be heard? I would hope Not and this is just conjecture or assumption on your part or is the Carmel City Court that biased that a Guilty Finding is Assured, No Matter What the Facts of the Case Are :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Mighty Strong Assumption Unless You Have Prior Information on the Outcome of a Case Yet to be Heard in Court. Do You have information as to the Outcome of a case yet to be heard? I would hope Not and this is just conjecture or assumption on your part or is the Carmel City Court that biased that a Guilty Finding is Assured, No Matter What the Facts of the Case Are :dunno:

Why would I have prior information about the outcome of a case? That's kinda illegal. The Carmel City Court is full of professionals. I doubt that even if I made such a request, I would be told a thing. In all actuality, I would expect, and hope that somebody attempting to do so would be reported and charged. Why would you even assert that? I clearly stated "IF" he loses, not "when." In fact, from the "nuts and bolts" perspective, and not counting my participation within this thread, I have purposefully stayed out of the "loop" department wise, regarding this. Heck, I didn't even know who the officer was or the court date until recently.

Liberty will get a fair shake. I am certain of it, and nothing here, will come back to haunt him... at least, not by my actions.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    I wholeheartedly disagree and evidently the Chief at Carmel has been replaced effective Jan 3, 2011.

This incident occurred under the old regime of Chief Fogarty and Not the new Chief. Hopefully, the new Chief will start with taking a look at policies, procedures and the actions of some of his officers.

There will be no great policy change with the new police chief. If I remember correctly the police chief here in Carmel is appointed by the mayor. If he does not do what the mayor wants he will be replaced. He is just another arm of the mayor. Basically it will be the same here.

Chuckp

Top Bottom