• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I do...the court has no responsibility to reimburse me if I'm acquitted.

If it's Not a Kangaroo Court (and it may be) and the facts about the officer are revealed at least I would file an Official Complaint. IMO this is Malfeasance on his part and very substandard performance. He needs to acquire some people skills, common sense and a little humility. If this is the type of Officer that Carmel wants then I'd seriously consider moving. I'm sure that Mayor Brainless is on his way out now that the Palace has been completed and that will bring a change in Chief of Police and maybe someone who will establish reasonable standards of conduct for the Carmel PD :patriot:

Best Luck

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If it's Not a Kangaroo Court (and it may be) and the facts about the officer are revealed at least I would file an Official Complaint. IMO this is Malfeasance on his part and very substandard performance. He needs to acquire some people skills, common sense and a little humility. If this is the type of Officer that Carmel wants then I'd seriously consider moving. I'm sure that Mayor Brainless is on his way out now that the Palace has been completed and that will bring a change in Chief of Police and maybe someone who will establish reasonable standards of conduct for the Carmel PD :patriot:

Best Luck

That complaint will never go anywhere. Filing a complaint after a court's decision, simply because it went against, wouldn't be taken as legitimate. "Sour grapes" if you will.
    And if the Brainard is "on his way out," I seriously doubt that the newly appointed Chief would be replaced. He's well liked throughout the department, and has history of being an excellent officer. That would be a dumb move to replace him.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    That complaint will never go anywhere. Filing a complaint after a court's decision, simply because it went against, wouldn't be taken as legitimate. "Sour grapes" if you will.
    And if the Brainard is "on his way out," I seriously doubt that the newly appointed Chief would be replaced. He's well liked throughout the department, and has history of being an excellent officer. That would be a dumb move to replace him.

I wholeheartedly disagree and evidently the Chief at Carmel has been replaced effective Jan 3, 2011.

This incident occurred under the old regime of Chief Fogarty and Not the new Chief. Hopefully, the new Chief will start with taking a look at policies, procedures and the actions of some of his officers. A Lawsuit, knows No Sour Grapes and a Change of Venue would certainly facilitate an impartial trial and who said that Carmel's Position would be Affirmed. Are you privy to inside prejudicial predetermined legal outcomes of trials yet to be heard.
    My You Must be Very Self Important in Carmel, I'm impressed :noway:

PS, Your Sig Line Explains a lot 'Please, if you have no idea what Probable Cause is, don't talk to me' Arrogance hasn't a place in Police Work :twocents:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wholeheartedly disagree and evidently the Chief at Carmel has been replaced effective Jan 3, 2011.

This incident occurred under the old regime of Chief Fogarty and Not the new Chief. Hopefully, the new Chief will start with taking a look at policies, procedures and the actions of some of his officers. A Lawsuit, knows No Sour Grapes and a Change of Venue would certainly facilitate an impartial trial and who said that Carmel's Position would be Affirmed. Are you privy to inside prejudicial predetermined legal outcomes of trials yet to be heard.
    My You Must be Very Self Important in Carmel, I'm impressed :noway:

Regime? Ok...
    You made reference to a complaint, following the court hearing, not a lawsuit. Maybe you got your words confused, but the two aren't related.

I'm not self important, I just am intimately more aware of how the new Chief does business.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Regime? Ok...
    You made reference to a complaint, following the court hearing, not a lawsuit. Maybe you got your words confused, but the two aren't related.

I'm not self important, I just am intimately more aware of how the new Chief does business.

No, I did not confuse my words or terminology. Glad that the new Chief has such a person as you on His Team. His Career as Chief will probably be a very short one. Does the new Chief realize that you are out promoting Carmel PD Policy on the Interwebs? Probably, Not a Good PR Practice

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, I did not confuse my words or terminology. Glad that the new Chief has such a person as you on His Team. His Career as Chief will probably be a very short one. Does the new Chief realize that you are out promoting Carmel PD Policy on the Interwebs? Probably, Not a Good PR Practice

Carmel Police Policy is public record. Or do you think it should be "Top Secret?" I'm on a public forum to offer information from a LE perspective. If you don't like it, fine, don't read. First Amendment entitles me to speak my mind.

And you certainly confused your words. Anybody reading this exchange can tell that.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Carmel Police Policy is public record. Or do you think it should be "Top Secret?" I'm on a public forum to offer information from a LE perspective. If you don't like it, fine, don't read. First Amendment entitles me to speak my mind.

And you certainly confused your words. Anybody reading this exchange can tell that.

Well, if it is from a Carmel PD LEO Perspective, then you have probably prejudiced the case. I'll check on Monday to see if the new Chief shares your views. Who knows, you may really be in as tight as you think you are :yesway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, if it is from a Carmel PD LEO Perspective, then you have probably prejudiced the case. I'll check on Monday to see if the new Chief shares your views. Who knows, you may really be in as tight as you think you are :yesway:

Actually, my word to Liberty was to not say anything about the case. But if you feel so inclined to inform. Make good on your obvious threat.

Threatening on what, I have no idea. :dunno:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Actually, my word to Liberty was to not say anything about the case. But if you feel so inclined to inform. Make good on your obvious threat.

Threatening on what, I have no idea. :dunno:

Threat ? Are You that Insecure. Please, as you say this is a Public Forum and You and I have both Posted Publicly. We are Both thread jacking the intent of the Thread so I'll end it here but I'll be sure to call on Monday :patriot:

if it wasn't an attempt to try and intimidate you wouldn't have informed me of what you intended to do. As if I'd be shaking uncooonnnttttrollably

:rolleyes: The Light of Day shouldn't intimidate anyone

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Threat ? Are You that Insecure. Please, as you say this is a Public Forum and You and I have both Posted Publicly. We are Both thread jacking the intent of the Thread so I'll end it here but I'll be sure to call on Monday :patriot:

okey dokey... if it wasn't an attempt to try and intimidate you wouldn't have informed me of what you intended to do. As if I'd be shaking uncooonnnttttrollably .....

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Actually, the First Amendment does not apply to this or any other internet forum that is privately owned/operated. The First Amendment only serves to limit the ability of Congress and, by extension, the rest of the Federal and the several State governments from limiting free speech.

Fenway owns this, I believe, and can operate without concern as to "free speech". But I think he and the rest of the moderators take a pretty Liberal view on this subject.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Actually, the First Amendment does not apply to this or any other internet forum that is privately owned/operated. The First Amendment only serves to limit the ability of Congress and, by extension, the rest of the Federal and the several State governments from limiting free speech.

Fenway owns this, I believe, and can operate without concern as to "free speech". But I think he and the rest of the moderators take a pretty Liberal view on this subject.

Exactly.

Why does it worry me that a LEO doesn't understand the 1st Amendment?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Fail due to irrelevance.

Nice try, though.

:)
    Here's a better try...

So if an agent of the govt attempted to censor the information you posted here, on a public/private internet forum (beyond the oversight of the administrator), that wouldn't be a first Amendment violation? :dunno: ;)

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Here's a better try...

So if an agent of the govt attempted to censor the information you posted here, on a public/private internet forum (beyond the oversight of the administrator), that wouldn't be a first Amendment violation? :dunno: ;)

Sometimes its better to just not say anything.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Here's a better try...

As Sarge says in his profile, he is retired.

Top Bottom