• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Liberty, is the video accurate?

So, the officer told you that in order to comply with the town ordinance you had to shoot the neighbor's dogs?

Your attorney should make hay with that alone.

You were on your own yard? How is that not defending your property?

You can shoot in defense of livestock? That's it--buy a chicken and keep it in the backyard. (It's like that Married With Children episode when Al gets the Farmers Insurance and has to keep a chicken in the car).

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Liberty, is the video accurate?

So, the officer told you that in order to comply with the town ordinance you had to shoot the neighbor's dogs?

Your attorney should make hay with that alone.

You were on your own yard? How is that not defending your property?

You can shoot in defense of livestock? That's it--buy a chicken and keep it in the backyard. (It's like that Married With Children episode when Al gets the Farmers Insurance and has to keep a chicken in the car).

Yep...he said the fact that I didn't actually kill the dogs proved I was in no danger.

I was defending property. I was protecting my neighbor's dogs.

Tat2dman46013

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    Anderson
    WOW,Brings back alot of memory`s,,,About 15 years ago,I had basically the same thing happen,in Anderson,In.A junk yard dog was pretty much terrorizing the whole neighborhood.I had reported it to APD and Animal Control,they tried to catch him for about a week,was riding with 1 officer looking for the dog,saw him,the cop swerved and almost hit a very large tree!The "straw that broke the Camels back"was a phone call from my wife while I was at work 45 mins. away saying how this mutt had chased her a couple of laps around the house with our 15 month old daughter in her arms!Ok that was it for me,the following Sat. I took off from work and sent them to her moms house and waited.Was kinda spacin at the tube,when I saw him approach the back fence.I swear he looked both ways, and jumped the fence,I slipped out the front door .40 in hand,well I went down the side of the house pretty close.Came to a corner and stuck my head around it,surprise he was right there!He snapped at me and ripped my pants leg about half way down!He was going for another bite when I fired!Straight down his throat!He then ran past me and started running in circles!Fired 1 more time and he hit the deck!Stood there breathin real hard for a few!Decided I needed a cig. so went in the house.Standing there smokin and thought to myself,hmmmm,better call APD.Especially since we were only a few blocks from the county jail,and it was a sunny Sat. in the middle of summer.So I locked the slide back,dropped the mag. and put the gun on the porch rail along with my dl. & ltch.Here come the troops,think I was the oldest of the whole group!Anyway they`re standing around considering what they could charge me with when their supr. showed up,whew!One of my best friends(from HS) he sent them on their way telling`em "get your asses to work."I asked him if this meant he was taking me,and he started rolling.He replied "HELL NO"looking at mt pants leg and said"I wouldn`t have waited as long as you did"then we started discussing my custom Sig.And what bullet/load I used!Then he invited me and my toys to visit his back yard range!Come to find out I was the only idiot to call the PD.After all the excitement got over a neighbor from down the road a block or two,retired army/VFW chaplain,said"ya know the whole neighborhood was sure glad to see him(the mutt) go away in the back of an animal control pickup!And ya know me and that APD seargeant still make much noise together to this day!No digita cams back then,at least not for common folks or I`d have pics.The moral of the story is if no one else gets excited about it,don`t tell on yourself!Could`ve easilly went the other way.No thread jacking intended,this can and does happen!

Last edited:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    What time is court again?

I read it someplace, then forgot it.

If I can make it, I'll be driving 1.5hrs. My truck's battery is acting up (hoping it's the battery and the alternator didn't decide to fry) so it's still iffy, but I'd like to be there.

Josh

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    It's this Monday, the 24th, at 1:30PM, Carmel City Court. It's on the 2nd floor of their city hall.

For you guys that are coming, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Top Bottom