• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, FYI guys, if you're going, make sure, for all those that carry, that you have a way to secure in your vehicles, as you will not be allowed to carry in the courtroom.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Oh, FYI guys, if you're going, make sure, for all those that carry, that you have a way to secure in your vehicles, as you will not be allowed to carry in the courtroom.

That's a given. Will the door guards freak out when the metal detection wand discovers the metal in my empty holster? :D

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    This is the crazy thing about all of this.. all I have learned from any of this is to let the dog chew on me for awhile before I kill it.. according to the police this wouldn't be an issue if the dog was shot and killed. Who on earth would want to purposely shoot their neighbors dog if they can avoid it? I certainly wouldn't want to do so, unless the dog was getting the better end of the "altercation".

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

surely you have figured out who the officer on scene was by now?? I would imagine that since this has now made the news its the talk of your department.

I will make sure I give a one finger salute to the officer if I ever see him.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    "Based on the information that the officer gathered that day not only from Mr. Thomas but also other people in the area, he did not feel that the dogs were vicious and he didn't feel that the firearm was discharged to defend himself," said Lt. Jeff Horner, Carmel Police Dept.

Thomas says that the dog biting his pant leg immediately released and ran off. He then called police who investigated, wrote a report and then issued the retired police officer a citation.

I don't know. Seems like the responding LEO has things mixed up a bit.
    Carmel man fights fine over gun discharge during dog attack - 13 WTHR

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's a given. Will the door guards freak out when the metal detection wand discovers the metal in my empty holster? :D

Nope, I know the guy, and if he's working, (he's like 6'7), he be more curious about the type of weapon you carry, the ammo in it, ect. He's the biggest gun freak I know, and he's a big 2nd supporter.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I'm not one to bash cops, but don't they look out for their own? This Carmel police officer sounds like a complete prick.. bet anything even his own family dislikes him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    surely you have figured out who the officer on scene was by now?? I would imagine that since this has now made the news its the talk of your department.

I will make sure I give a one finger salute to the officer if I ever see him.

Yeah, I figured out who it was, but I'm respecting the OPs wishes and wont say anything or direct that officer to this thread until after the disposition.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not one to bash cops, but don't they look out for their own? This Carmel police officer sounds like a complete prick.. bet anything even his own family dislikes him.

That's constructive. And how does looking out for your own apply to this instance? I didn't know that the judge would be replaced with an officer on that day.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Nope, I know the guy, and if he's working, (he's like 6'7), he be more curious about the type of weapon you carry, the ammo in it, ect. He's the biggest gun freak I know, and he's a big 2nd supporter.

Cool. I don't want to be proned because a nervous young LEO saw a holster. ;)

Top Bottom