• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    different story... you walk in concealed carrying then after you are seated you put your gun on the table and continue your meal... pretty similar to if you had it covered by a jacket as you came in.

-eternity for the asshat that called on the OP

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    different story... you walk in concealed carrying then after you are seated you put your gun on the table and continue your meal... pretty similar to if you had it covered by a jacket as you came in.

-eternity for the asshat that called on the OP

My point exactly.... it has happened to me. My coat covers all but the end of the muzzle. Took off my jacket and everyone freaked out... I thought swat was going to come shoot me - what was i doing? Meeting with the bank manager... :dunno:

I bet those mexican places would just reuse the food anyway... :n00b:

Who can really OC in the winter?? Unless you carry a draco or some form of handgun bazooka.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If the OP had been CCing, none if this would have happened.

Now, I only say that because I'm hoping ATM reads it. :D

FYI, I wouldn't have paid either.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Thats your choice. But the business has the right to choose who they serve. Do I agree with racial profiling? No, but if a company chose to do so they should be allowed to, they would go out of business in a heart beat. Let companies do and make thier own mistakes.

The government shouldn't be allowed to tell anyone what to do, busniess or otherwise.

We can't pick and choose what rights we should respect which ones are crap...

I'm not saying a buisness can not choose who they serve too. On the other hand, in my opinion they are hyprocrites for asking someone to leave. When said people are exercising a legal right. They do not have to serve me, and I can take my buisness elsewhere on the same note. If a fellow patron does not like the fact that someone is exercising their right. Than they have every right to ignore it or leave.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've always wondered.....

If we had an OC dinner somewhere, and another patron DIDN'T carry, could we complain to the manager and ask them to leave? You know, the fact that they were unable to defend themselves makes me uncomfortable.

I don't know if I am kidding or not.....

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'm not saying a buisness can not choose who they serve too. On the other hand, in my opinion they are hyprocrites for asking someone to leave. When said people are exercising a legal right. They do not have to serve me, and I can take my buisness elsewhere on the same note. If a fellow patron does not like the fact that someone is exercising their right. Than they have every right to ignore it or leave.

How, under any light, is them excercising their right making them hypocrites? You are doing the same thing.

The rest of your argument boils down to the other customer, not the business. Because the business decided you could remove your gun rather than leaving, they probably assumed they would keep both customers.

Bottom line, don't eat there. They don't agree with you. Don't waste your money on them.

You have that right.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I've always wondered.....

If we had an OC dinner somewhere, and another patron DIDN'T carry, could we complain to the manager and ask them to leave? You know, the fact that they were unable to defend themselves makes me uncomfortable.

I don't know if I am kidding or not.....

WAIT A SECOND... some people CC... I think.... ;)

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    From the OP - he didn't get to eat his meal.

But yeah, we are all pretty good Monday-morning QB's are we! :D

(I actually get to use that line on a Monday!)

What amazes me (and I'm sure add's to all the confusion) is the number of people who cannot read a post and get all the details. No personal slight intended but I believe the OP said that he HAD already had his food. Am I wrong to acknowledge that it meant he had eaten his dinner. I do feel it was handled fine but it sure muddies the issues when we monday morning quarterbacks can't even comprehend a written statement.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    ok blah blah blah cops states that manager wants him to put his firearm in the car and op politely declines and just sits there.......then what?? the leo look at the manager and say your s.o.l. or does the manager then say to leave? the manager asking the guy to remove he legally carried firearm is like telling you to leave your blue shirt in the car cause the manager can't stand the color blue... but when the manager asks you to leave and you don't then it is trespassing.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    What amazes me (and I'm sure add's to all the confusion) is the number of people who cannot read a post and get all the details. No personal slight intended but I believe the OP said that he HAD already had his food. Am I wrong to acknowledge that it meant he had eaten his dinner. I do feel it was handled fine but it sure muddies the issues when we monday morning quarterbacks can't even comprehend a written statement.

Well, I think its fine to assume he had, but he said he hadn't at some point. So, I lost. In any respect the situation went smoothly free food or not. If the food had been consumed I would have paid out of respect and advised they wouldn't be getting my business anymore.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Who the heck are you to call my post dumb?

An overzealous young gun toting conservative... nice to meet you.

I was playing your game, pointing out funny irony in your post and you said I was trying to start an argument... Who the hell are you to assume that?

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN

Hey add me to my own list!!!!! After re-reading I did see where he states he "had" his food but then later says "not paying for something I didn't eat"......So perhaps he hadn'd consumed the dinner. Me personally, if I ate the food I would pay, otherwise it's on you............

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Every time I think that I might try to OC, a thread like this comes up and reminds me why I don't. If that had happened to my family, in a public restaurant I shudder to think what my wife would've done to me when we got home. :)

If this is the place I'm thinking of, I would have had them box it up, paid and got the heck out of there. Great Shrimp Fajita's.

Top Bottom