• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Ah, yes, of course. Because companies do not have the right to conduct business with the people of their choice and in the manner they feel is best. Good point.

Of course, because businesses do not want to conduct business, with people who are lawfully exercising their rights. Hell, I guess everyone should just leave their guns at home, because I would hate for anyone to get butt hurt. Good point! To me it is no diffferent than racial profiling. I will not do buisness with anyone that says I can not openly exercise my rights.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    fail_boat.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So OP
    will you go back there again?
    will you talk to the manager to let them know you won't/will go back again?
    will you let them know that now 12,000+ INGO members know about this and may/may not be going their again?
    Was the owner Mexican? Was he from mexico or born here?
    Is the resturant in a bad part of town?

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    It isnt that they dont respect the rights of others, its that they are exercising their own rights. Causing a scene in public sounds like the action of a man who doesnt respect the rights of others, if you ask me.
    ^^^^^ THIS IS SPOT ON

You can refuse me service by asking me to leave, I will leave. You can ask me not to bring my firearm, I wont come back. I wont waste my time or yours trying to make a scene, you have the right to restrict my actions on your property, I respect that right. I would have paid, and left. The manager seemed to be level headed.

I would have paid. If I eat the food, I pay. If asked to leave before I eat, I don't pay.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Of course, because businesses do not want to conduct business, with people who are lawfully exercising their rights. Hell, I guess everyone should just leave their guns at home, because I would hate for anyone to get butt hurt. Good point! To me it is no diffferent than racial profiling. I will not do buisness with anyone that says I can not openly exercise my rights.

Thats your choice. But the business has the right to choose who they serve. Do I agree with racial profiling? No, but if a company chose to do so they should be allowed to, they would go out of business in a heart beat. Let companies do and make thier own mistakes.

The government shouldn't be allowed to tell anyone what to do, busniess or otherwise.

We can't pick and choose what rights we should respect which ones are crap...

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    'the scene' was caused by the manager not the op. Try to make me pay for service/goods not provided and see what happens.

I expect I'd be told to leave without them continuing to insist upon payment.

You guys are crazy to think a gun owner should be forced to pay for meal not provided because management asks (tells via cop) to leave after taking the order. -1000 to you

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    'the scene' was caused by the manager not the op. Try to make me pay for service/goods not provided and see what happens.

I expect I'd be told to leave without them continuing to insist upon payment.

You guys are crazy to think a gun owner should be forced to pay for meal not provided because management asks (tells via cop) to leave after taking the order. -1000 to you

The food was provided.... please take a look at the OP...

I would say -ininity to you for not reading.

No scene was caused at all.... both parties respected the rights of the other... in fact the manager gave the OP free food :-) I might OC there just to get that benifit.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Asking me to put my gun in the car is tantamount to asking me to leave. Very simple. I take my rights with me everywhere I go. To me, if the food was on the table or not is COMPLETELY irrelevant.

I'm surprised at the new level of anti-gun coolaide groupthink INGO has achieved. -100,000 now.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Asking me to put my gun in the car is tantamount to asking me to leave. Very simple. I take my rights with me everywhere I go. To me, if the food was on the table or not is COMPLETELY irrelevant.

I'm surprised at the new level of anti-gun coolaide groupthink INGO has achieved. -100,000 now.

I am suprised at the level of thinking you are exhibiting, gun rights are not the only rights we have. That is an important right, nonethelss.

-infinity

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think what gets the most rise out of folks, is that the restaurant first APPROVED of this patron (allowed him entry, seated him, took his order, and served his food), and then revoked permission late enough to still expect some money (I know you have your food, but you can't eat it until you leave and come back, and then pay me). It isn't like this guy started singing half way through his meal. He was OC when he entered.

I would have no problem leaving when asked. I'm certainly not paying for half a meal.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The OP was OC'ing. By seating me and taking my order you are indicating to me that you are o.k. with my choice to O.C. If at some time during the meal you ask me to remove my weapon from my person and place it in my car, imho you have altered our agreement. I won't pay! If you tell me as I'm preparing to leave to please not bring a firearm in your establishment again, then I won't. Not by leaving it in the car but by not returning. Easy enough. LEOs did o.k., OP did right, manager pussed out and loses several future customers. Easy situation handled poorly by some involved, handled well by others.

"Can't we all just get along?" -Rodney King.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I think what gets the most rise out of folks, is that the restaurant first APPROVED of this patron (allowed him entry, seated him, took his order, and served his food), and then revoked permission late enough to still expect some money (I know you have your food, but you can't eat it until you leave and come back, and then pay me). It isn't like this guy started singing half way through his meal. He was OC when he entered.

I would have no problem leaving when asked. I'm certainly not paying for half a meal.

Well, did he have a jacket on?

I mean come on, there are a ton of variables that could make this situation change.... he wears a coat (he lives in FT. Wayne and its like 5 degrees) his coat covers most of his weapon, as mine (I carry a 5" barrel 1911). They let him in seat him, he sits down, his gun is hidden, he stands to go to the bathroom and someone sees it.

IMHO we can't just sit around playing games with the story. We DON'T know what happened exactly, all we do know is the guy got a free meal because he was OC, in my book that OK. But I wouldn't go back.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    IMHO we can't just sit around playing games with the story. We DON'T know what happened exactly, all we do know is the guy got a free meal because he was OC, in my book that OK. But I wouldn't go back.
    From the OP - he didn't get to eat his meal.

But yeah, we are all pretty good Monday-morning QB's are we! :D

(I actually get to use that line on a Monday!)

Top Bottom