• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When should the next INGO NWI Greet & Shoot be?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So any volunteer(s) to bring the plywood?

451_Detonics & GhostOfWinter will you two be INGO RO?
    Looks like we all seem to agree with Amy's write-up.
    Amy can you send me the WORD file so I can print up some copies.

Any volunteer(s) for food?
    I can donate a propane tank (small one) for a grill.
    No idea where my small grill is at?

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster

I can dig up my small propane grill. I'd be happy to chip in on some wood, but my pick-up is on the fritz, so I can't haul it. However, I can bring my drill to install it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I can dig up my small propane grill. I'd be happy to chip in on some wood, but my pick-up is on the fritz, so I can't haul it. However, I can bring my drill to install it.

We won't be allowed to install the plywood ourselves. If we take the plywood that day it will be a NWI INGO donation to that particular range and they will then use it when they see fit to put new boards up.

The lady I spoke to said that they can only put new boards up on MONDAYs so if we want to see new boards when we got SAT or SUN then someone will have to take the boards MON of that week or a little bit prior to the week and let them know it's a donation and if they can put those up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We're talking the 4x8 sheets of plywood? If we are, put me down for a sheet and I volunteer to haul the sheets as well.

That would be correct Trooper Lefty. I "think" that is the size they had down there. Could you figure ou how much the sheets will cost us. That way we can figure out a ~ donation amt for those that may want to donate. We only need 3 (25' yard range) for now unless we also want to do the 50' yard range as well.

Trooper Lefty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    1st stoplight east of Valpo
    That would be correct Trooper Lefty. I "think" that is the size they had down there. Could you figure ou how much the sheets will cost us. That way we can figure out a ~ donation amt for those that may want to donate. We only need 3 (25' yard range) for now unless we also want to do the 50' yard range as well.

I'll check around with Menards and the other places to see what the sheets run. If anyone has a recommendation for a store, let me know; I'm not exactly the handiest person around, (just ask my wife) so there could be a lumber store I'm not aware of.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer

Happy to email it to you. I don't think there's any other way for me to attach a Word doc? :dunno: Would you PM me your email address?

If anyone has anything they'd like to me change, feel free to let me know.

I'm certainly all for simple, as Woodrow pointed out. I wish there was a way for me to load the Word doc for all to see. It has the four rules in very large letters at the top - definitely the most important and most prominent part of the page. The additional sections - transport, other, and ROs, are smaller and all are in separate boxes to keep it as simple and concise as possible. The INGO web address is also in large letters at the bottom so we can promote INGO at the same time. ;)

I tried to include all suggestions that everyone mentioned (aside from the safe handling area - I haven't been to any IDPA-like competitions, so I don't know what that looks like or how it actually works...). So, again, suggestions/changes just let me know.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jediagh, the 4x8 sheets look like OSP boards not plywood to me, just wondering if they are 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick?

Don't know about the thickness. When I called I did not ask and the lady just told me std size. I know, I know I should of asked. :xmad:

You could call to find out or just bring either type. The lady on the phone appears happy enough to just get the boards as a donation.

Happy to email it to you. I don't think there's any other way for me to attach a Word doc? :dunno: Would you PM me your email address?

If anyone has anything they'd like to me change, feel free to let me know.

I'm certainly all for simple, as Woodrow pointed out. I wish there was a way for me to load the Word doc for all to see.

You could always copy & paste into a "GOOGLE WORD" document and then share the URL of the file for all of us to see. I don't like using GOOGLE WORD but it does have that benefit.

How many copies should I run off? About 50?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I would bet the lady you talked to didn't have any idea how thick the sheets are, 1/2 inch is cheaper and if wrong, :ar15:it's still a new sheet.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I would bet the lady you talked to didn't have any idea how thick the sheets are, 1/2 inch is cheaper and if wrong, :ar15:it's still a new sheet.

True true.. When I asked her if we could bring some to donate she was quiet and told me to hold on and I could hear her talking to someone else who was in the room. Could not make out the conversatio but suspect it was a co-worker/boss to give the OK/confrim answer.

Well since we are doing this as a donation and it's going to get shot up anyways lts go with the cheap stuff (1/2" please Tropper Lefty).

I can pitch in $5 for the boards and another $5 for food (actually I have some 2 liters I can bring if ya like)whomever takes up the food event. If my mom comes she wanted to bring some quick food as well but at this point I don't know if she is coming or not. She won't know until the date is setteled.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    When will the poll be over. You will get more volunteers when there is a solid date. Depending on what day is picked I might not be able to come. I don't want to volunteer until I know.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When will the poll be over. You will get more volunteers when there is a solid date. Depending on what day is picked I might not be able to come. I don't want to volunteer until I know.

This poll will close on 07-25-2010 at 07:12

That is per the little words on the poll @ the top. :D
    John not making fun of you seriouslly. I'm sure you just did not see the words above the poll. Reminds me of when people at the disney cast member what time is the 9pm parade at. :laugh: Hope you can make it and bring a new shooter if you can.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    You could always copy & paste into a "GOOGLE WORD" document and then share the URL of the file for all of us to see. I don't like using GOOGLE WORD but it does have that benefit.

How many copies should I run off? About 50?

I had no idea Google Word existed. It seems to screw up the formatting, though, too. :( Guess everyone will have to wait and see at the next shoot. 50 is probably more than enough.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Well since we are doing this as a donation and it's going to get shot up anyways lts go with the cheap stuff (1/2" please Tropper Lefty).

Cheap stuff is better--3/4" isn't going to provide any more resistance to bullets than 1/2". It's all going to puncture, so there's really no need to buy the 3/4".

Wife and I will chip in on anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom