• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When should the next INGO NWI Greet & Shoot be?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    This poll will close on 07-25-2010 at 07:12

That is per the little words on the poll @ the top. :D
    John not making fun of you seriouslly. I'm sure you just did not see the words above the poll. Reminds me of when people at the disney cast member what time is the 9pm parade at. :laugh: Hope you can make it and bring a new shooter if you can.

:wallbash: Guess I could have read that. I would love to bring my daughter 8. X wife dose not think she is old enough. She will never think she is old enough but lets not get into that. I am bringing myself and I am a new shooter. Dose that count? Last one was my second time at a range. Hope I didn't do anything to stupid. I know I was one of them on the line a lot. I did not know I shouldn't be up there. I was just staying in the shade.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I see you folks are listing a start time of 10am CST. Is there a set end time or does it go until closing? last person leaves? I'm just asking since I have a little bit of a drive. I'll be leaving from the north burbs of Chicago (work) that morning and have to plan my day accordingly. Which brings me to my next question. It may sound stupid but I get confused anytime I start driving east of I65 .... Can I consider 10am CST to mean 10am Chicago area time?

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I see you folks are listing a start time of 10am CST. Is there a set end time or does it go until closing? last person leaves? I'm just asking since I have a little bit of a drive. I'll be leaving from the north burbs of Chicago (work) that morning and have to plan my day accordingly. Which brings me to my next question. It may sound stupid but I get confused anytime I start driving east of I65 .... Can I consider 10am CST to mean 10am Chicago area time?

I won't promise that it goes until closing, but it will certainly go for a few hours. Bubba and I are often late (even when we try to be on time!), and we never feel like we've missed out. I think the last of us left around 4 last time...something like that, anyway.

And yes, Chicago time. The time all of Indiana should have chosen. ;)
    The range is technically on Eastern time. Opening times are irrelevant to me (see late issue above!), but the range stays open until 7pm EST in the summer.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    AuntieBellum, thanks for the reply. I just noticed that the date has not been set. If it's Saturday, I will be making that drive from Chicago. If it's Sunday, I'll have to see if I can make it but I would be making the drive from a little bit closer in that case.

I'll see what I can contribute to the cause. I have one of those canopies (10' x 10') that you can get at a sporting goods store that might come in handy for setting up a shelter behind the firing line. Perhaps a few of those might make life easier for any new shooters that want to get back from the firing line and out of the sun. Another suggestion would be to bring a couple empty rifle stocks or dummy guns that could be used to prep new shooters behind the firing line without the no-no of weapon handling behind the shooting line. Final suggestion would be to bring a gun rack or two (I have some) that could hold handguns on the table in an organized manner instead of having them laying all over the place. These were just a few things that jumped to mind after viewing the after action report (pics) from previous shoots.

It sounds like you have a good thing going here. Glad to see it. :yesway:

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    For what it is worth, I was out there today and the boards looked to be 5/8" or 3/4" OSB... at least on the 50 & 100 yd range. I didn't make it down to the 25 today. OSB is much cheaper than plywood...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I would love to bring my daughter 8.
    Our daughter started shooting at 12. She wanted to start at 8 but my wife said no. I think at age 8 she would have had no problems with the guns and while I don't think it was a 'mistake' to start her at 12, I don't think there was any real advantage to starting her at 12 either. If you think your daughter is mature enough at 8, and if she shows any desire at that age then I say its worth bringing her out to have her try. Its a very family friendly atmosphere.

I'll see what I can contribute to the cause. I have one of those canopies (10' x 10') that you can get at a sporting goods store that might come in handy
    Yes it would, people tend to congregate in the shade, especially on hot sunny days. If we had a few of those (I don't have one or I'd bring one too) we could set up food under one, have a new shooter area under another, etc, etc, etc

How many participants did you have at the last event?
    I wasn't taking an official head count but 32 shooters is the number I've been using in my head.
    I counted 'about 30' but I left shortly after the hot dogs were eaten.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Hello Wild Deuce, it's great to attend and meet all the members of INGO so you can match the faces to names who are having fun for the day. Need to bring something to drink and a chair as there is only one bench, at Winamac it seems like whatever you bring to shoot always has a great appetite to be fed, so bring plenty of ammo.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I'm new to the forums and I reside in nwi. If I recieve my ltch in time I would love to come out. As far as bringing anything I'd be willing to pitch in, and I'm quite young would I fit in? Just don't want to make the drive and then be alienated in the group hope you guys understand.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Ok just making sure well my girlfriend and I will try and make the trip out there sounds like its a great time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok just making sure well my girlfriend and I will try and make the trip out there sounds like its a great time.

Even if you don't have your LTCH in time. Once I post the OFFICAL thread in the EVENTS section and start to fill in the list of equipment that members will bring you are always welcome to bring a box of ammo and try other member's weapons. Some members have a slew of weapons and can't bring everything but if you are looking to shot something in particular ask and perhaps someone does have it. I did that 2 sessions ago in order to shot a SP101.

Also make sure you sign up with the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Even if you don't have your LTCH in time. Once I post the OFFICAL thread in the EVENTS section and start to fill in the list of equipment that members will bring you are always welcome to bring a box of ammo and try other member's weapons. Some members have a slew of weapons and can't bring everything but if you are looking to shot something in particular ask and perhaps someone does have it. I did that 2 sessions ago in order to shot a SP101.

Also make sure you sign up with the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

That'd be great I have a mossberg 500 if anything I'll bring that, but I'm looking to shoot my xd-40 that I just picked up. I hope someone has a MP-15 I could try I'm thinking that will the next one added to the collection.:draw:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    cp009, Jediagh will return double the money you spend on the fees to get in at Winamac to shoot if you don't have a good time. ( nobody tell cp009 it's free).

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    cp009, Jediagh will return double the money you spend on the fees to get in at Winamac to shoot if you don't have a good time. ( nobody tell cp009 it's free).

I hope they're charging that day... any day shooting is a good day I'm looking forward to it.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    cp009, the hard part is so many toys to look at and hold, are you far from Winimac or have you been to the range? Always a great day in the country to go shooting.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    No I have not. About an hour and a half. I'm finally getting into the shooting world on my own no one in my family really shoots. Suprisingly my mother is not to fond of guns, but she has since moved passed that haha.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Now you have the perfect way to show your mother how to have an interest in shooting and meeting people who enjoy sharing the experience. Just remember women shoot better than men and you will have to hear this all the way home.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Ha women do everything better. I just don't here this from the mother the girlfriend too. ha

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom