• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When should the next INGO NWI Greet & Shoot be?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Like Chicago, vote early and often for the day you want, looks like the 30 that showed up last month voted, nobody new wants to stuff the ballot box for a fun day of shooting :ar15:and meeting some new people?:dunno:
    Bring a chair to watch and talk to INGO members. :popcorn:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    u r so bad Chef Larry! No need to tell the NWI folks how to vote like Chicago. You should know that in LAKE COUNTY, IN especially in EC, Hammond, and Gary the dead vote, some vote multiple times and heck even those that should not be able to vote all vote as well. [STRIKE]I know how to rig the vote you know.[/STRIKE] ;)

Now move it along people nothing to see here. ooohhh look over there HotDogs for everyone. :D

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    u r so bad Chef Larry! No need to tell the NWI folks how to vote like Chicago. You should know that in LAKE COUNTY, IN especially in EC, Hammond, and Gary the dead vote, some vote multiple times and heck even those that should not be able to vote all vote as well. [strike]I know how to rig the vote you know.[/strike] ;)

Now move it along people nothing to see here. ooohhh look over there HotDogs for everyone. :D

Antitrust Concerns Swirl Around Sale of Diebold Voting Machines | Threat Level | Wired.com

Don't worry, ES&S can take care of that and no one will ever know.;)

Really, when was the last time you KNOW your vote counted?:dunno:or was counted twice?:nuts:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk]YouTube - George Carlin Doesn't vote[/ame]

:ingo::patriot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well I know my vote counted in high school when I was voted Parade Chairmen Coordinator. Off course that election was so rigid in my favor since the date of the vote was changed at the last minute and you had to be present *AND* show school ID in order to vote. LOL!!!

orion814me

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    You have listed the time as 10:00 am CST (chicago time) however, Chicago and NWI are on CDT on both the dates you listed.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Anyone reckon we need a second grill? I have a small portable and some canisters.

I think this time around I'll have my pre '64 Model 70 in .220 Swift. It's a little too hot for the 25 yard range, but as several of us have nice rifles, we should maybe hit the 100 or even 200 yard range. I'm looking forward to sighting in that old Weaver, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    You have listed the time as 10:00 am CST (chicago time) however, Chicago and NWI are on CDT on both the dates you listed.

Not all of NWI, and not Winimac.

Well...you're both right in what you're each trying to say.

orion is correct in saying that we are currently observing Daylight Savings time, so yes, the time should be listed as 10:00 am CDT NOT 10:00 am CST. I usually get around remembering when to use what by listing it as Central Time Zone (Chicago time), personally. I'm just lazy like that. :D

Woodrow is also right in that Winamac is in the Eastern Time Zone (Indianapolis time). Winamac is currently observing EDT, but the event runs on CDT since the majority of us are coming from CDT that day.

At any rate, hope to see you both there!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Is anyone attending the Meet & Shoot that knows how to mount a scope on an M1A / M14 and is willing to teach me? I don't mean to offend anyone but I am not talking about you read about it once in a forum or you saw a YouTube video. I'm talking about installing the scope mount (NSN 5855-01-506-5750) as well as mounting the scope properly.

I know there are instructions available online as well as the option of taking it to a gunsmith. However, I would like to watch and learn so that I can do it myself the next time. If anyone has this expertise and would be willing to teach someone that is eager to learn (and pay / barter) let me know.

I don't expect this to happen at the Meet & Shoot but I would like to use the event as an opportunity to shake hands and set something up before or after the event.

(I'll give this a day or two before I post a separate thread. I just want to feel out the Meet & Shoot folks first.)

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Well...you're both right in what you're each trying to say.

orion is correct in saying that we are currently observing Daylight Savings time, so yes, the time should be listed as 10:00 am CDT NOT 10:00 am CST. I usually get around remembering when to use what by listing it as Central Time Zone (Chicago time), personally. I'm just lazy like that. :D

Woodrow is also right in that Winamac is in the Eastern Time Zone (Indianapolis time). Winamac is currently observing EDT, but the event runs on CDT since the majority of us are coming from CDT that day.

At any rate, hope to see you both there!

ok so in chicagos time what would it be 9am or 11am?I can not keep that straight and there is probable something wrong with me.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @Sparky241

Arrive at the event at 10AM YOUR TIME and you will be OK.
    The event starts at 10AM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME which is the time that Chicago is on right now and will be for the rest of the year.

@ Melensdad
    Please advise what you need us to bring since you are bring the grill.
    Would a $2 to $5 donation from the members cover food?
    Do you want us to bring food (hot dogs/burgers) etc to grill?

@ ALL else
    Please sign up with how many you will bring and equipment in the OFFICIAL POST HERE:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nd_shoot_-_sat_07_aug_2010_a.html#post1184047

THE VOTES ARE IN AND THE EVENT WILL BE ON SATURDAY 07 AUG 2010

PLEASE POST q&a ON THE OTHER THREAD I HAVE ASKED THE MODS TO CLOSE THIS ONE.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom